Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2007, 01:22 PM   #1

Hello to all. Can anyone tell me how to get the engine cover inside the coach off? I need to remove it to get the carpet fixed.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2007, 01:22 PM   #2

Hello to all. Can anyone tell me how to get the engine cover inside the coach off? I need to remove it to get the carpet fixed.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #3
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trapshooter:
Hello to all. Can anyone tell me how to get the engine cover inside the coach off? I need to remove it to get the carpet fixed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you probe the cover with your fingers, you will probably find screw type fasteners located around the edge of the cover. Generally, there is one in the rear and one on each side of the cover.

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Mine has two screws at the front toward the firewall and two at the aft end. Remove the screws and it should lift off.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #5

Mine falls off all by itself. The left latch screws stripped out and the right side is loose. I'll fix it as soon as my head clears from the fumes.
FullAstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Don't call Gulfstream as they probably will ask you why you want to take the cover off like they did to BAD42 when he was going install his new plug wires. On his 07 Sun Voyager I counted at least 4 screws when I was under it install his CAI and Steer Safe. But, we found out that they put the screws in first and carpet last even though they claim it is the other way around.

That's only part of it. They welded the radiator overflow tank holder in and then installed the A/C box. Needless to say you can't remove the overflow tank because the A/C box is in the way.. We had to cut it out, cut the welds and remount it to install his CAI. Workhorse wanted $20 for the tank and $60 to air ship it. We called a local auto parts store and got it the next day for the same $20. OBTW - None of the GM dealers carried it either.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:49 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trapshooter:
Hello to all. Can anyone tell me how to get the engine cover inside the coach off? I need to remove it to get the carpet fixed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

trapshooter,
I also have a Gulfstream SunVoyager. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, the geniuses at the factory choose to screw the doghouse on and then glue the carpet over them.
The only option you have initially is to pull the carpet away from the cover's edges to get at the screws (I believe that there are 8 of them).
When you reinstall the cover, glue the carpet on first and then reattach the cover using blind nuts etc. It's almost impossible to hit the original screw holes.