Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2006, 01:07 AM   #1

As of Tuesday. Interestingly, they gave a sob story about notn getting paid for the warranty work they just completed and that they will be unable to complete the warranty work that is still left. We've used them in the past and they were excellent, but they seem to be having some management issues now. Oh Well, if someone knows of a good workhorse authorized service center in the Austin, Tx area, let me know.

Thanks

2000 Honda CRV
911Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2006, 01:07 AM   #2

As of Tuesday. Interestingly, they gave a sob story about notn getting paid for the warranty work they just completed and that they will be unable to complete the warranty work that is still left. We've used them in the past and they were excellent, but they seem to be having some management issues now. Oh Well, if someone knows of a good workhorse authorized service center in the Austin, Tx area, let me know.

Thanks

2000 Honda CRV
Old 05-03-2006, 02:51 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
This process has been made simple for you if you have a computer. Go to Workhorse.com / service / motorhome / find a service center.

Enter the zip code of the location where you are and the database will search and find a location in the proximity of that address. Sometimes the centers are next door other times the centers can be remote. In Texas, that wouldn't surprise me.

Failing that, if you Call 877-946-7731 they may be able to locate a facility that can do the repair work that is close to you but not yet an officially recognized as an authorized service center.

Here are the centers I found for you.

Crestview RV Center
I-H35 @ Exit 220 Buda, TX 78610
(512)282-3516
Fax: (512)295-3750

Don Hewlett Chevrolet
7601 South I-35 Georgetown, TX 78626
(512)681-3000
Fax: (512)681-3150

Ancira Motor Homes
4501 S. General Bruce Dr. Temple, TX 76502
(254)771-1300
Fax: (254)771-5834

Iron Horse RV Center
6414 Randolph Blvd. San Antonio, TX 78233
(210)657-1996
Fax: (210)657-3880
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:38 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think I reported the same thing here in Feb. about TWO WH dealers in FL.
That was told to me by person that was turned away by both WH dealer.
Some will still not beleive it, and say it is the dealers fault, and on
and on. Where there is smoke, MAY be a fire!!!! TENN.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:22 PM   #5

WOW! Austin...the capitol of Texas, and not ONE solitary Workhorse Service Center!!

I have heard some good reports from Ancira though...
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:03 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tenn.Vol.:
Where there is smoke, MAY be a fire!!!! TENN. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think we already hosed that down quite a bit in the previous post you wrote about the subject.

Centers may come and they may go but only the best survive as it should be. We already had a service center explain what the reimbursement schedule is like and the company does pay.

When you work with Workhorse all the i's needed to be dotted and the t's crossed. Return parts and other paperwork that if not prepared in the manner requested can present a center with delayed payments until the warranties are properly processed. Faced with these types of delays some may see this as a failure on the part of Workhorse but the funny thing is that it's not global throughout the entire service network.

Most dealers do it the right way and get paid when the payments are due. If you're new at doing warranty work it'll take maybe 3 months to catch up but once the claims start getting routinely processed a dealer can expect their check at approximately the same time every month.

One other thing too is that if in the opinion of the regional service manager a dealer is falling short of expectation that dealer won't be for very long.

As a customer we should expect to receive the best service possible on our motorhomes and I believe that's what Workhorse is all about. Making sure that we have our problems addressed in the best manner possible and in the shortest time as practical is what a center is supposed to do. If a dealer falls short of that I am glad that there is a mechanism in play that assures we can get reliable service no matter where we chose to have our vehicle serviced. If such isn't the case then there are remedies that will assure the problem gets fixed to our satisfaction.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:18 AM   #7

I spoke with Steve H. at Evergreen (Service Manager). He told me they (Evergreen) had a paperwork snafu and were working things out with Workhorse. They expect to have their status back in place within the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, Steve did an outstanding job making things right with the work they performed on my RV. I picked it up on Wednesday and everything was just right. Interestingly, I had the driver side windshield replaced while Evergreen had was working on it. As I was turning a corner, after I had picked it up, the passenger side shattered. It appears that the driver's side was installed incorrectly and placed an inordinate amount of pressure on the passenger side. It was quite an adventure limping it to it's current location. I was reduced to about 5 mph for the last few miles as the windshields started to slip out of the gaskets. I called Evergreen the next morning and they wer exceptional. No questions or haggling, just committed to making it right, even though they have an extended drive to get to the unit.

Driver, thank you for the facility info. I've used that process before and was just looking for some one that IRV2 members had used and had good luck with. As with any vehicle, there are good service centers and bad centers. A postive experience goes a long way in my decision making process.

Thanks again.

2000 Honda CRV