Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2006, 01:54 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> And why does it take 2 weeks to get a new one and a water pump?

Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a Workhorse thing Mike. You Ford guys wouldn't understand it.

Glenn
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2006, 02:01 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Glenn and Kathy:
It's a Workhorse thing Mike. You Ford guys wouldn't understand it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That is probably the best answer I've seen on a post in a long time.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:09 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Sorry if I asked some questions of you Workhorse guys that you dont feel like answering.
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:43 PM   #18
Official iRV2 Sponsor

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> And why does it take 2 weeks to get a new one and a water pump?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mikey(ISLAPP)
Mtorhome parts are not easy to get anyway no matter which chassis,but it's turkeyday week Bro! We have trouble getting Ford parts as well as Workhorse's,the difference is Workhorse's are worth the wait...Just Kidding little buddy!
By the way Go Cowboys!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 04:16 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ISLAPP:
Sorry if I asked some questions of you Workhorse guys that you don't feel like answering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Mike, Lighten up.... it's holiday week.

I think Mike B said it best..... Happy Turkey Day!
Old 11-21-2006, 04:33 PM   #20

Mid Atlantic Campers
Sounds to me like ole FlyTyer has a real issue of what came first, the chicken , or, the egg. I too am curious about the hole in the radiator, was it back or front. Does it look like a puncture, or a rip ? Is it a pin hole ? Regardless Fly, thats a lot of unexpected bread to lay out. I just got nailed for $900 for my cars oil leak

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:38 PM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FLYTYER:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Full-Timers:
It's not that he is on your side, it's the fact that they punched the hole in the radiator trying to get the water pump off and don't want to take the blame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do not believe so. They found the problems by conducting a pressure test of the cooling system before removing anything.

To me, your comment is out of line. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Sorry, just speaking from experience.
W22 Workhorse
Full-Timers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:49 AM   #22

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
All of your comments and questions ARE good. I feel we are in an awkward situation regardless of the outcome.

You can bet that I am watching this closely and will take your ideas and comments into account as we get close to the actual repair work.

If needed, I do have some road hazard coverage insurance that may help offset some of the $$.

Thanks for all of your support.

I'll keep posting as this problem is taken care of by WH.

Happy Turkey Day everyone !!!
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:41 AM   #23

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
GOOD NEWS !!

The WH service center manager found that a loose metal bracket had apparently fallen in behind the fan shroud and one of the fans picked it up and slammed it into the radiator.

The bracket was a Winnebago part that must have got in there during the coach assembly.

What I thought originally to be a cracked water pump was wrong. Apparently what I saw was a spray of water that looked like it was coming from the pump housing.

Anyway Winnebago and Workhorse are sharing the bill and my cost is ZERO, that is nada, zippo, nothing !!!!

You cannot say enough about this type of warranty coverage...that is why I bought a Winnebago on a Workhorse chassis.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:27 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Hey that is great news. Zero cost is a nice number
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:54 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FLYTYER:
GOOD NEWS !! You cannot say enough about this type of warranty coverage...that is why I bought a Winnebago on a Workhorse chassis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There you go!

Now go and see what "FLYTYER" really thinks about Workhorse by clicking <span class="ev_code_RED">here!</span>
Old 12-02-2006, 05:18 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers