Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #141

Workhorse Chassis Owner
DriVer you are such a good trainer please explain how I can acces the results of the dealer ratings. I meant that as a compliment.
James Wilson
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #142
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
DriVer you are such a good trainer please explain how I can acces the results of the dealer ratings.
James, Here is the proceedure:

In the navigation bar enter:
http://www.workhorse.com/

Chose the DEALERS tab directly under 'Breed"
Slide down to Motorhome.
Slide the mouse to the Right on "Rate A Motorhiome Center" (& click)

Enter the Zip Code where the center is located. (29577)

You may see ...... (or not)

Larry's Auto Clinic, Inc.
4719 Northgate Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
(843) 293-2205
Fax: (843) 293-2448
Mapquest | Google Maps Rate this dealer

Bleecker Olds-Buick-GMC, Inc.
926 E. 4th Avenue Red Springs, NC 28377
(910)843-2141
Fax: (910)843-8500
Mapquest | Google Maps Rate this dealer

Use the "Rate this dealer" link and proceed using the instructions therein.
Mapquest and Google Map resources are provided.

Thank you for rating the dealer of your choice!
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #143

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Workhore reapir center

Can anybody suggest a WH center in or near PITTSBURGH, PA...Thanks in advance Chuck.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #144

Official iRV2 Sponsor

The best shop in that area I know of is actually in Gettysburg...so about a 3.5 hour drive from Pittsburgh. If that is not a big deal then I highly recommend them.

S&S RV Service
40 Knight Rd.
Gettysburg, PA 17325
(717) 334-0149
Brazel's RV Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:06 PM   #145

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
hey driver, took your advice and went to Larry's Auto Clinic in myrtle beach, SC this
week. What a First class operation Larry has there. I was very impressed with the
service we received while there. Larry's Auto Clinic was a pleasure to visit and deal
with. I will definitely go back for any and all repairs in the future.
rmwaggy
rmwaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #146
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmwaggy View Post
hey driver, took your advice and went to Larry's Auto Clinic in myrtle beach, SC this week. What a First class operation Larry has there.
rmwaggy, I hope you can take the time to rate the dealer on workhorse.com. Thanks!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 04-18-2010, 08:45 AM   #147

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
rmwaggy, I hope you can take the time to rate the dealer on workhorse.com. Thanks!

Driver, Yes, I have completed the Rate the Dealer on Workhorse.com.
Thank You for the friendly advice about Larry's Auto Clinic in MB,SC.
Hope to attend the Reunion this fall at Ocean Lakes. It will be our first
reunion.
Thanks rmwaggy
03-adventurer W22
08- HHR
rmwaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:44 AM   #148

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Skinners G M C Newbethlehem PA. Rt. 28 north . About 60 miles. Service Mgr. Jay has done well for me.
68SILVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #149

Brazel's

I went to Brazel's (Centralia, WA) to get an UP upgrade, dyno test, new plugs and Taylor wires. Mike Bronzini took care of me along with the other great technicians at the shop. The service was the most professional I have ever received at a repair shop.

I decided to get a 4 wheel alignment and caster change. When they went under the rig they noticed that my Safe-T-Plus steering unit was the incorrect one for my rig. (I had it installed at last year's Newmar Intl rally.) Apparently I was billed correctly but the unit installed was wrong. Mike placed a call to Safe-t-Plus and did not get the reply he wanted so he decided to replace my unit with the correct one out of his stock and hash out the details with Safe-T-Plus later. His prime consideration was our safety in case of a front blowout.

We also decided to get the Allison gradebrake installed and after checking the condition of my brake fluid, he suggested I flush it also. Additionally we got the rig weighed on all four corners and the tire pressure reset.

During our stay there Mike, Chris, and the mechanics were always available to answer questions and explain what and why they were doing things. We stayed the night at their RV park. It was great also!

All-in-all we are extremely pleased with Mike and the team there and will go out of our way to use them when we do future upgrades - you all know that is a certainty - new headers, transynd in tranny, CAI, etc.

Dave
Old 05-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #150

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had a similar experience last year at Brazels........great place. They even invited me down into the pit to view the bottom of my motorhome. Not one of those places where you have to stay behind the ropes.....obviously, I stayed out of their way..but they were great in answering questions too.
Brian
Old 05-14-2010, 06:16 AM   #151

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Skinners G M C in NewBethlehem PA. have served me well. A small town buisnes in north west PA. Truck service Mgr. Jay
68SILVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:24 AM   #152

Winnebago Owners Club
I've had four motorhomes, my latest is my first with a workhorse chassis. It's a 2010 Four Winds Hurricane, bought new in May, 2010. A little over a week ago, on 9 July, the motor shut down on highway 98, about 50 miles east of Pensacola, Florida. After about two hours wait, with the aid of a sheriff's deputy and Workhorse road service, a Gulf Coast Wrecker service tow truck arrived with an arrogant driver who seemed to care nothing for our property and who pulled out coach in to Panama City at 70 mph, after destroying our front u-joint in the process of disconnecting it with an adjustable wrench and a hammer. He pulled us to a Workhorse service center, Bill Cramer GM, (formerly Tommy Thomas) at 2251 West 23rd Street in Panama City, arriving about noon. The service consultant there told us that they would try to get to our problem, but most likely couldn't get to it until the next day. That was fine. I understood. They seemed quite busy. My wife and I took our tow car and got a motel. We arrived back on Saturday, 10 July, and spent all day in the waiting room, with no updates from the service consultant, though I asked several times. At about closing time, I was told that a technician was diagnosing the problem. We left and got another motel room, this time for both Saturday and Sunday nights. We got back to Bill Cramer GM on Monday morning and spent another day in the waiting room. Late in the afternoon, we were told that the problem was a bad "throttle actuator control module" and that it had to be ordered from Workhorse. On Tuesday afternoon, I was told that the part was to be there by Thursday, the 15th, but they were hoping it would be there sooner. We went looking for another motel, and then called Wednesday, hoping for good news, but the part had not arrived, and it was being sent by truck, instead of air. We went back to the dealer on Thursday, and again spent all day in the waiting area, again no part. We returned on Friday. The part finally arrived about noon by UPS. We were told that a technician would install it immediately and we would be on our way. Though I was not supposed to enter the service lot, I walked in and made my way down the lot and around the corner where our coach was parked. No one was working on it. I went back to the service consultant and asked if our coach was being worked on. She said, "I'll check." She came back in a few minutes and said a technician was now installing the part. I sneaked back to our coach again, and indeed, the door was open and tools were in front of the coach. By closing time, no progress. However, the service manager was able to see us. He told me that the tecnician found another bad module, a "power train control module" and it would have to be ordered. We left Friday night and arrived home in Tennessee around 4:00 AM on 16 July. My coach is still in Panama City, not only with another bad power module, but also with a replaced front u-joint that the wrecker service claims I broke and which I will have to pay for! That's my experience with Gulf Coast Wrecker Service and so far, my experience with Bill Cramer GM. Komac
komac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:17 AM   #153

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wow!!!

Not a good way to begin a relationship with Workhorse. I would expect that Workhorse would bend over backward to get a three month old coach back on the road. No excuse for them to have an uncaring authorized service center such as this. As for the tow company, don't knuckle under on them placing the blame on you for the damaged U joint. Have them exlain exactly how you were supposed to have damaged it.

Hope you are able to get back down and pick up your coach soon.

Shame on Workhorse, for not being more service orientated. No excuse for treatment like this!

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #154
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
Shame on Workhorse, for not being more service orientated. No excuse for treatment like this!
Dieselclacker, Before we go shooting the "Horse", let's get to the bottom of why the service center didn't perform to the customer's satisfaction and why the tow truck driver was so incompetent and didn't have the proper tools to remove the driveshaft. I'm on the case.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member