Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2007, 06:31 AM   #57

Thanks DiVer

2006 Monarch SE 37"
stevelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2007, 06:02 PM   #58

Hey all, if you are ever in the Boise, Idaho area and need an EXCELLENT Service Center, visit Dennis Dillon GMC at 2777 So. Orchard Avenue (at the Orchard exit and I-84). They have gone above and beyond for us in everything we have had done there. Call toll free 800 398-0323 or 208 336-6289. The Service Manager (Jeff) can be reached on his cell at 208 573-2383.
Master Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:12 PM   #59

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Pubtym:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Full-Timers:
Truck Center
201 N. Harlem
Sioux Falls, SD
605-335-3080
Authorized Workhorse Service Center

Frank diagnosed a faulty fuel pump, replaced fuel filter and replaced a kinked generator fuel line (they noticed during repairs) and had us back on the road by noon.
The motorhome was spotless after the repairs and the mechanic explained the complete repaired to me.
Top-notch operation.

I'll second this post. My Workhorse/Winne has been to The Truck Center and Frank with techs gave me absolutely superior service. Coach was again spotless upon completion...and delivered as promised. Very customer oriented staff and they will continue to get my regular and warranty chassis service.

Charlie
Brandon, SD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again.. the absolutely outstanding service at the Workhorse Service Center here, "The Truck Center", in Sioux Falls. The owner, Rod Rust assured that my suspected warranty differential problem on my 2006 Itasca was expertly evaluated and correctly validated. The needed warranty repairs were smoothly coordinated with WorkHorse and I now have a correctly operating (quiet) differential. Anyone needing experts in chassis and drivetrain repair, on all makes and models of RVs, should see Rod and techs at the "Truck Center". What a pleasure it is to deal with experienced, competent, and honest folks like those at "Truck Center".
Old 04-18-2007, 07:09 AM   #60
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
This spring - I went to Brazel's Rv Performance center for a fix to a leaking manafold gasket (2003 W22) and to have the trans fluid changed to synthetic.
The gave us a plug in for the night and in the morning they went to work. When it was found that they couldn't finish by that night - they set us up to camp inside their shop (poor satalite reception) but it was warm (freezing outside).
While one of the mechanics was under the "hood" - he noticed a broken radiator mount and they welded it up for a minimal charge.
I had Banks headers put on to prevent future repairs as the GM gasket had rusted through.
I had to travel down from B.C. (aprox 800+ miles) but it was worth it and I will go back for any future service.
The year before I went to Messa RV for repairs to the front rotors and they argued about my warranty claim and never even checked the rear rotors which were also cracked(later repaired under warranty) - very poor service.
It is worth the drive to go to Brazel's Rv Performance so that one can drive away feeling secure.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:09 PM   #61

San Antonio, Tx area the town Just East is New Braunfels, We needed to take care of an old recall on our New/used A for brakes, called WH they referred us to this dealer:
Evergreen RV Center
1710 IH-35 North
Exit 190 & 190B
New Braunfels, Tx 78130
(800.615.5366)
www.evergreenrv.com

The fella "Kerwin" 20 + years WH tech really knows his stuff and anytime we asked a question he never had to think twice for an answer. And he took the wheel with us in the rig for a test drive b4 the work was done to listen to another noise we were hearing - conclusion a squeaking serpertine belt. Once back he used a product called belt ease on it and there was no further noise and yes he did inspect the belt 1st. Gave us the full can to boot. Never would have known that was so simple. We were also put up for 5 days w/e with access to dump if needed since a weekend was involved and parts to be ordered. You really will be pleased with everyone there. Polite,well dressed,very clean even the bays excellent. Please check that web page it is great also.

Bob's gal Peg
Old 04-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #62

I see Workhorse has added a new service center.

It is Tennessee Outdoors here in Crossville, TN.
Right off I-40 & Pevine RD.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:48 AM   #63

Anyone know of a good service center in Waxahachie, tx
Old 05-26-2007, 09:25 AM   #64

Thanks for a great topic these are always
useful.
I need someone down in S Fla the one we had
in Pompano no longer honors WH. Like Stevelp I
like to be prepared as best as I can.

safe trips & make alot of memories
freerider
freerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:40 AM   #65
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally posted by freerider:
I need someone down in S Fla the one we had
in Pompano no longer honors WH.
What's your zip code?
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:09 AM   #66

freerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:59 PM   #67

anyone know of a good service center in orange county CA.? the one I currently use really hung me out to dry.
strikeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:32 AM   #68

Strikeagle,
I've had two good experiences at Guaranty Chevrolet in Santa Ana. Lee is the motorhome service rep. He's been straight so far, and has gotten WH to cover a few things beyond the warranty period. You can get their info from the WH web site.

By the way, where was your bad experience, and what were the circumstances. We would all appreciate the info and heads-up.

Cinder - our blue Aussie
Old Mose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:04 PM   #69
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally posted by freerider:
Here you go. Sorry it took so long.

Tri County Truck & Equipment Sales
1440 N. Powerline Rd. Pompano Beach, FL 33069
(954)971-4022
Fax: (954)971-2415

Blake Chevrolet, Cadillac and Oldsmobile
30401 South Fed. Highway Homestead, FL 33030
(305)247-2121
Fax: (305)248-9074

Maroone Chevrolet
5757 Lake Worth Greenacres, FL 33466
(561)433-5757
Fax: (305)445-0731
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #70

Hi, since you asked where my bad experience was here goes.

It was at Gauranty Chevrolet-the one you mention.

I noticed a right rear axle leak so I took it in. Since im planning a long one month trip back east i asked them to also rotate the tires and check the front brakes and bearings.
The results. They fixed the leak (after 40 miles so far so good- but yesterday I went under to do my DIY track bar and I noticed that the drain bolt was as dirty as the rest- everyone knows that if it is labeled drain thats where they should have drained it and it would show obvious signs of wrenching,but it had not been removed. today i pulled the bolts for the track bar and out comes brown dirty gear oil.
They also did a terrible job on the lugnut covers, some barely held on with crumpled up newspaper. one had fallen off on the way home and the rest thankfully didnt. so now i have to figure out how to keep them on.
The next thing is that they did not connect the left side inner tire airhose so now i have no way of checking the air pressure. I called and left the owner a message today, but somehow he never got back to me. I wont hold my breath,
they got there money. hopefully they refilled the front bearings as they charged me for that fluid and the rear axle synhetic price also.

I guess $100 an hour labor cost isnt enough to get good service.

sorry for the long thread.
strikeagle is offline   Reply With Quote