Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2021, 12:54 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Fuel Filter Adapter

I had 2 calls yesterday about the fuel filter adapter. So, I emailed my contact at Champion Labs to see if they still make the kit. They do and I found a site that is selling them. You will not believe the cost..... $5.73 (on sale - reg price $15.07)

If you search for WHG481FK LUBERFINER FILTER KIT you will find a company call Filter Products Corporation... link to the kit
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2021, 05:45 PM   #2

Great deal but shipping quote came back at $21.28 for my location.. the price of living in the sticks I guess..lol
ktoutoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:13 PM   #3

Your alternative is $69 and probably plus shipping.
Oemtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:28 AM   #4

I just contacted the folks at Wheeler Fleet Products and the filter adapter assemblies are still on national backorder with no eta as of yet. I just placed an order with FPC and will see if I have any luck receiving the assembly in a timely fashion.
Triple HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oemtech View Post
I had 2 calls yesterday about the fuel filter adapter. So, I emailed my contact at Champion Labs to see if they still make the kit. They do and I found a site that is selling them. You will not believe the cost..... $5.73 (on sale - reg price $15.07)

If you search for WHG481FK LUBERFINER FILTER KIT you will find a company call Filter Products Corporation... link to the kit
I just received an e-mail from the CEO of Filter Products Corporation. The Luberfner part is out of stock and have been on backorder for several months. The eta for these to be available is estimated at mid-August.
Old 07-28-2021, 05:03 PM   #6

So I just had to look .. back in 2014 I paid $20.14 for the OEM filter and adapter from my local workhorse dealer...
Those where the good old days....
ktoutoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:11 PM   #7

My Champ Labs contact just answered my inquiry about the hold-up in the adapter kit. It seems they have gone to outsourcing the kit instead of in house and yes they are coming from China. Compost happens.

OBTW - I am getting 2 prototypes. Standby - film at 11.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:23 PM   #8

I received the 2 prototypes and there is not a hill of beans different in what Champ Labs sold as a kit and kit from China. Remember the fuel filters were already made in China.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oemtech View Post
I received the 2 prototypes and there is not a hill of beans different in what Champ Labs sold as a kit and kit from China. Remember the fuel filters were already made in China.
I just received e-mails from two companies that sell the workhorse filter assemblies. One representative suggests that the eta for parts is end of October, while the other suggests mid November. You are correct, these items are manufactured in China. with that said, i would rather spend my hard earned dollars on something fabricated in the USA if at all possible.
Old 08-18-2021, 01:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple HHH View Post
I just received e-mails from two companies that sell the workhorse filter assemblies. One representative suggests that the eta for parts is end of October, while the other suggests mid November. You are correct, these items are manufactured in China. with that said, i would rather spend my hard earned dollars on something fabricated in the USA if at all possible.
Don't hold your breath... Why do you think Champion Labs went offshore? I will give you 3 guesses and the 1st 2 don't count.

Link to my website with pics of the China proto-type adapter kit. Just page down to see the images.

I would put the pics here by IV2 seems to not honor the insert image function.
Old 01-04-2022, 12:44 PM   #11

Champion Labs says they have over 1,000 in their Albion, Illinois warehouse. Filter Parts Corporation does list this part at $5.73 but they don't have any in stock. The owner is in the process of moving the company to the Knoxville area from Arizona but promised us today that he'd call Champion Labs and order us a half dozen and would honor the price. I have no faith this will happen. But, hope springs eternal.
mcswjda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 10:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcswjda1 View Post
Champion Labs says they have over 1,000 in their Albion, Illinois warehouse. Filter Parts Corporation does list this part at $5.73 but they don't have any in stock. The owner is in the process of moving the company to the Knoxville area from Arizona but promised us today that he'd call Champion Labs and order us a half dozen and would honor the price. I have no faith this will happen. But, hope springs eternal.
I will raise the BS flag on the $5.73 part. I sold these kits at one time and I can tell you that I paid a lot more than that for the kits (filter & adapter) and I ordered them by the case of 24 as I didn't qualify to order direct. Also, my contact at Champ Labs questions his source. The GF652 filter will run you $10 or more all day when bought OTC.

Old 01-07-2022, 01:22 PM   #13

The owner of Filter Parts Corporation, a guy who goes by first name of Tracy, told us what he told us. His response may in fact be BS. Then again he may zing us on shipping, who knows. We were simply passing along the info and not commenting on the veracity of what he said.

Champion Labs did tell us the kit was in stock in their Albion, Illinois warehouse and they did say they had over 1000 in stock. Heck, that might be BS as well. We'll wait and see and report the update to this thread. In the meantime, our shop isn't in a hurry and we can wait to see how this all plays out.
mcswjda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 07:31 PM   #14

I just got one of the Luberfiner kits from Amazon, actually Wheeler Fleet. Under $24 shipped with Prime.

Filter Parts wasn't showing any in stock. Plus I had checked the shipping cost using their web site and they wanted a fortune to ship to me in Utah, taking the $5.73 price up to over $20 so the Amazon price and quick shipping seemed like a good deal to me.

Tags
ada, fuel