Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2006, 12:34 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ever since I had a problem with the CC back in June, I have been experiencing an intermittent problem with the fuel gage going to empty and low fuel warning beeping. Only last a few seconds and then all is normal. Not sure if the two problem are related as the CC problem was corrected with an adjustment to the brake switch. Any thoughts on the cause? One suggection was perhaps a ground problem?

2004 CR-V EX
Geechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2006, 12:34 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ever since I had a problem with the CC back in June, I have been experiencing an intermittent problem with the fuel gage going to empty and low fuel warning beeping. Only last a few seconds and then all is normal. Not sure if the two problem are related as the CC problem was corrected with an adjustment to the brake switch. Any thoughts on the cause? One suggection was perhaps a ground problem?

2004 CR-V EX
Old 09-18-2006, 01:38 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have had this occurence on mine since it was new. Very very infrequent, sometimes once in five days of travel. Since the last IP replacement(this summer), I have been observing this to happen several times a day every day we have travelled. The IP is the newer kind with the brighter orange display. Anyone with this IP notice the gage thing more frequently?
Old 09-18-2006, 02:31 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have had it happen three times - but only while I was moving and the fuel was sloshing around.
Other people have reported it happening while they were stopped and the fuel couldn't have been sloshing.

I had a coversation with a guy at WH customer service about this problem. At that time they thought it was a software sampling problem where the IP was looking at the data bus for fuel level info just when it was sloshing around. That made sense to me. The programmer should have taken several more samples to make sure the drop was real.
Sounded like someone did a poor design review.

But with it happening when the fuel isn't sloshing it sounds like something else is going on.
I think I am voting for some sort of voltage transient if it's not software related.

Also it has happened with the old IP and the new one I got last summer. The new one the orange/amber display.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:47 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes mine also has occured while not in motion and with engine off key on. So likely it is some transient generated by other chassis or coach electrical system. I have had the AutoTap OBD2 plugged in and running all this while as was the 1500 watt inverter and the lap top.
hmmm
Old 09-18-2006, 03:29 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have to agree with Clays post,voltage transient, I can't remember the last time it has happened to mine, its been that infrequent. I still have same IP on chassis built by WH in 02.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:10 PM   #7

It happens to us too, both while in motion and stopped. Our IP has been replaced and it still occurs about once on each trip.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:30 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
In NC at the FMCA rally, Workhorse had a seminar at which people were asking questions about the IC problem. I got in at the end so I didn't here the complete explanation but what I did hear sounded like a computer glitch between what data the workhorse folks expected from the IC vs what the IC manufacturer programed it to do. Apparently a new IC would solve some of the problems many of us have been experiencing but not all.

DriVer and Ed Gray (not sure about others) were there so maybe one of them can better explain what I only partially heard.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:04 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the feedback. I would hope WCC would have issued an Technical Document covering some thing like this. Does anyone with access to that type of info know if one exist? Oh, my IP was replaced once, but not with the newest version.

2004 CR-V EX