Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2021, 06:34 PM   #15

Glad you are once again whole and able to travel. That could have had a real tragic ending.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2021, 09:59 PM   #16

Thanks for the updates. Glad you finally got it worked out. I'm always dreading that day when we get stuck on the side of the road with our two cats and a dog, and then getting stuck awaiting parts and then an incompetent shop on top of that! I think my wife would be done with RVing after an episode like that.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:01 AM   #17

Glad you got it taken care of.

One thing I have done is thoroughly mark my driveshaft with a scribe line for indexing and different color paints so if it does need removal due to towing I know exactly how it installed at the factory.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:28 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
Glad you got it taken care of.

One thing I have done is thoroughly mark my driveshaft with a scribe line for indexing and different color paints so if it does need removal due to towing I know exactly how it installed at the factory.
Great idea!
Old 10-14-2021, 08:48 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben-Jo View Post
Pops Truck and RV _ Aztec, NM Rip off
Here is a BBB link for you to be the first to complain!
Pop's - BBB link
Pop's website even has a Reviews section, please comment.
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:54 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben-Jo View Post
American Tire and Service - Albuquerque, NM Great service
Review ATS also...
Old 10-14-2021, 08:56 AM   #21

Now if the OP, ProjectKR8, could update us.
Old 10-14-2021, 09:01 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
Great idea! Easy to see and also easy to search online.
Old 10-14-2021, 12:26 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just to chime in here, we had a very similar issue with our "new to us" 2004 Pace Arrow 37c, in that travelling east on I-70 in eastern Colorado, we suddenly lost a fuel pump. Coach would idle but not pull a load.
We limped in to a very big NAPA store in Flagler, Colorado.
They could not find a pump either, so Ultra to the rescue with one Fed Ex overnight @$600,00. We "camped" at the shop and used their power cord.
They pulled the tank and found that the dealer we bought the coach from (Right Side RV in Salt lake City, Utah ) had put in a pump from a Chevy pick up truck and had zip tied the back pressure regulator from a W-22 pump on the return line. THAT is where you get 55-60 # on your fuel rail. Had they used a good clamp, we would have never known the difference. Of course they also changed all the wires on the plug at the tank, so the great folks at the NAPA store had to rewire the plug too, to match the correct pump we installed.
Two nights camping at the NAPA and a total repair bill of $600.00 for a pump and $230.00 for the install and plug repair and we were on our way.
I tipped the mechanic $40.00 for letting me help with pulling and reinstalling the tank. What a great bunch of guys !!!!!!!!!!!

Mike in Colorado

PS; here is how the "dealer" rigged the wrong pump to work. It lasted 550 miles. Enough to get home from SLC and a bit down the road on our first trip in our new to us coach. They got an ear full..............
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	703.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	346.7 KB
ID:	346080  
2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37c, 8.1 gasser, (Jezebel) Ultra RV ECM / TCM, plugs wires, and rear track bar, PPE deep Tx pan w/ temp gage, Bilstein's, Sailun's & Sumo's all round, pushed by a 2002 Grand Caravan, on a Master Tow Dolly OR a WR-250 on a rail.
Flyer15015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 06:03 PM   #24

OldWEBB the Pops website may be adjusted, I saw reviews on facebook where they were basically called crooks. Saw a couple more places where the reviews were not very good. We had one bar of cell signal and sometimes none when we broke down so we had no way to check where to take it, we were at the mercy of the tow company. I am just being honest and don't want someone else to get ripped off. I will give them a review after we get everything settled. I did leave a review for American Tire and Service. I was a technician for a global machinery company for 25 years and we stayed in business providing good customer service. ATS was totally top shelf, the manager actually helped the technician with some of it so we were able to get back on the road within 24 hours. Hopefully all stays well, we drove 320 miles today.
Ben-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:05 PM   #25

Update: The DW got with Pops and sent them a copy of the invoice of the 2nd garage that redone the work. Got a check in the mail yesterday for the cost of the 2nd repair. Didn't cover the towing, motel and downtime but was still very welcomed.
Ben-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, fuel, fuel pump, problem, problems, pump