Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2006, 08:04 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Today I received the Fuel Rail Clip recall notice from Workhorse.

Anyone else receive the recall notice????

The replacement clip was included with the notice.

The notice states to take the clip to an authorized Workhorse dealer to have the replacement clip installed. One hour labor and Workhorse will pay the labor.

Does the dog house have to be removed to install this clip?? I have never had my dog house off and I hadn't planned to take it off.

Would someone take a photo and post it of the fuel rail and the location of the clip.

I'll be leaving for a trip south in a month and can schedule the service on the way south but I would rather do it myself, if possible.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2006, 08:04 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Today I received the Fuel Rail Clip recall notice from Workhorse.

Anyone else receive the recall notice????

The replacement clip was included with the notice.

The notice states to take the clip to an authorized Workhorse dealer to have the replacement clip installed. One hour labor and Workhorse will pay the labor.

Does the dog house have to be removed to install this clip?? I have never had my dog house off and I hadn't planned to take it off.

Would someone take a photo and post it of the fuel rail and the location of the clip.

I'll be leaving for a trip south in a month and can schedule the service on the way south but I would rather do it myself, if possible.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:50 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
It has already been posted with pictures, look at some of the threads.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:56 AM   #4

Tom, where have you been???

The Official Clip Post

My Post with over 4,200 views

Pictures, explanations, examples, close-ups, dialog, maddening posts, funny posts, arguing posts...all in there!!
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:00 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um...if you are not sure how to get your doghouse cover off, you should take it to an official Workhorse Service Center for the recall...
Old 09-28-2006, 09:10 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know how to get it off. I would rather it not ever come off because of the seal.

Um...if you are not sure how to get your doghouse cover off, you should take it to an official Workhorse Service Center for the recall... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 09-28-2006, 09:13 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know how to get it off. I would rather it not ever come off because of the seal.

Um...if you are not sure how to get your doghouse cover off, you should take it to an official Workhorse Service Center for the recall... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It has to come off....put some weatherstrip on it for a double seal going back.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:24 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I found the subject thread and the photos. Don't know how I missed that.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:06 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Does the dog house have to be removed to install this clip?? I have never had my dog house off and I hadn't planned to take it off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I posted pictures and the complete install procedure. Now I know for sure who doesn't read my stuff. After all I "only" have 12,600+ posts to filter through.

There are 2 screws, #2 Phillips, one on each side of the dog house cover way down low that screw into the floor from the side. Take a look with a light and feel around you'll find them. About 1 inch from the floor and about a inch or so back from the firewall. Then there's the 3/8 inch lock on the rear center of the cover that requires the big Allen key in your WGO suitcase. Turn that counter clock wise. The dog house cover will be a bear to move, it's a bit heavy but you won't hurt the gasket. I have had my cover off several times.

Look at the pictures I posted for the location of the damper and completely read and understand the procedure I posted before attempting to replace the clip on your own.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:21 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyone else receive the recall notice???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I haven't received mine yet.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:31 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wa0mqe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyone else receive the recall notice???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I haven't received mine yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me either...
Old 09-30-2006, 04:03 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DriVer:
There are 2 screws, #2 Phillips, one on each side of the dog house cover way down low that screw into the floor from the side. Take a look with a light and feel around you'll find them.

I could feel where the screws were but had a devil of a time with the Phillips screwdriver. Guess what! They were torx head screws!
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 06:13 AM   #13

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I received my clip. Went to a nearby WCC service center. It took 15 minutes and a 1/8 tank of gas.

The old clip and the replacement clip both looked the same. Anyway my recall is complete and I feel better.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 06:59 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ding-a-ling:
I could feel where the screws were but had a devil of a time with the Phillips screwdriver. Guess what! They were torx head screws! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You 2005 guys are Hi-Tech! I guess WGO reserves the right to use whatever fastener of the day they want.

I have not replaced my (2) forward screws but simply locked the doghouse down with the back latch. I was very anal about getting the doghouse back exactly where it was and I'm running without the front screws in place and there aren't any leaks.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote