Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2007, 04:50 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Anyone know how to get the headlight covers off my 2004 Newmar Mountain Aire W-22? They are all fogged up and dirty on the inside and really need to be cleaned. Oemtech, we have the same motorhome, so hopefully you will know how to get them off. Appreciate any help and thanks. Rick
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2007, 04:50 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Headlight covers

Anyone know how to get the headlight covers off my 2004 Newmar Mountain Aire W-22? They are all fogged up and dirty on the inside and really need to be cleaned. Oemtech, we have the same motorhome, so hopefully you will know how to get them off. Appreciate any help and thanks. Rick
Old 07-15-2007, 05:24 AM   #3

I am going to watch this thread... My headlights are way out of adjustment and I was going to post something also.....

Rickandcheryl... I wonder if you (we) would get a responce from the Newmar Thread? and what Model and year is your coach? You can see what I have in my signture
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:19 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Rick,

I hate to say this but the only way to fix them is to replace them. They are sealed but there are 2 vent holes that should allow any condensation or water vapor out. Newmar wants $90 a piece for them. They are off a 98-02 Mercury Grand Marquis. But, you can get them off the net for about half that. Here is a url to check for 04 Newmar Headlights

Your taillights are off a Ford Ranger... You can get replacements at the same place.

Here are the part numbers:
The headlight and side markers are from a 98-02 Mercury Grand Marquis.
Pass Side HL YW3Z-13008-AA
Driver Side HL YW3Z-13008-AB
Pass Side CL XW3Z-15A201-AB
Driver Side CL XW3Z-15A201-BB

The taillights are from a 93-97 Ford Ranger
Drivers Side F37Z13405A (TYC 11-3066)
Passengers Side F37Z13404A (TYC 11-3065)

I will post the R&R procedures later... Need to get ready for the Winnebago Vendor check in.. oh great fun I am having.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #5

The first thing you will find out is there are no mounting bolts or screws. The 3 adjusters serve a dual purpose, they hold the headlights in and hold the plastic nut to allow you to adjust the headlight beams.

R&R
1) Find a spot that is level and you can mark the headlight beams on a wall for reference.

2) Remove the bulbs. Remember not to touch the headlight bulb with your fingers as it will leave oil on them and cause them to burn out.

3) Remove the retaining clips. You may have to bend the 2 small retaining fingers out of the way to get the clips off. Generally these are 1 use only clips. You will get new clips with the headlight.

4) Remove the headlight.

5) Measure the old headlight adjusters and transfer that measurement to the new headlight. This should get you in the ballpark when you reinstall the headlight.

Now reverse the process. I had to clean up some of the fiberglass to get the new headlight mounted correctly.

You use the metal studs to adjust the headlight.

OBTW - My dealers techs didn't know how to remove them, nor did Newmar when I called them. Go figure. Reverse engineering works... you just have to think about it a while.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:30 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dale will these headlights fit the '02 Mountaire also?. I have the same problem.

Thanks, Max H
Old 07-17-2007, 03:30 AM   #7

Max,

I don't know. But, Newmar should be able to tell you the make/model/year of the headlights and taillights.

YW3Z-xxxxx is a Ford part number and TYC - xxxx is an after market part number. If you look real close on the headlight/taillight you may find a TYC number. Thats how I found the taillights were from a Ford Ranger.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:53 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rick and Cheryl
I have the same problem --and today I dug a product out of my cleaning supply locker and, Bingo it cleaned my headlights. The mess was on the OUTSIDE!! it sure looked like it was inside the lens covers to me too. I had used a similiar product some years ago on my first motorhome. All the windows were permanetly stained from acid rain. It was hard work, one window a day was my limit, but they came out real good.
This product is named "The Intimidator"-- the web site is:

www.theintimidatorpropolish.com

It cost about 10 bucks, and does a great job,

Good Luck, Max H
Old 07-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here's another product to clean your headlight lens. I've used this one too---

www.janvil.com

I just polished the lens (with Maguires) and they look as good as new. The top 1" was all opaque looking before I started. I'm tickled with the results. If all fixes would be this easy------. I've been watching the Newmar hot line and the complaints by the new '07 and '08 Exesses (SP) owners-- WOW! The rigs are throwing belts on the Cummins engines. When you throw up to $600,000 at one, you would expect something better, and the support from Newmar and Freightliner is poor. I just had a cloudy headline lens-- no big deal

Max H