Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2022, 12:23 AM   #1

Headlight switch connector

Anyone know where I can get the following connector? (GM P chassis 94) The bottom pic is the opposite end of the harness. Switch itself was working as far as the light/s go. It was the dimmer portion that wasn't working correctly.

Replaced the switch with a new Delco one and when I removed the connector found this. I clean it up using Deoxit D5 and reinstalled. Would like to find the connector though. No luck on Rockauto.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220531_181631[2].jpg
Views:	33
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	367122   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220531_181737[1].jpg
Views:	31
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	367123  

VIN#1GBJP37N4R3314754
Flight System G-Man 360 generator man (PM me)
1972VWbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2022, 10:42 AM   #2

For the Switch connector, You are looking for this:

NOTE: verify you need all the terminals yours has installed. you may need to add one which you can steal from your old connector.

Headlight Switch Connector - 1990-1995 Chevrolet G20 - AC Delco
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-PT327...ps%2C84&sr=8-1
gjames50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 03:27 AM   #3

Well I decided against replacing the connector. The terminal is in good shape. I clean it up real well with some Deoxit D5 and connected it all back up. Working great.
VIN#1GBJP37N4R3314754
Old 06-24-2022, 09:12 PM   #4

Many great members here post.. that you need to check voltage at the headlights connection.. to see if you have voltage drop.. at the lights themselves.. there is a way.. you can pull all that load.. off the switch.. so it will not burn up.. again.. I did it to my coach.. they make a pre made headlights relay kit.. it's great.. takes 30mins to install.. for me.. old man.. pulls all load off that switch.. I can't remember the name.. just Google headlights relay kits.. it's is the best.. it also pull some of load off ignition switch.. 2yrs ago.. about 25 bucks..even the headlights are much brighter.. you can make your own...

You need to also.. to check ignition switch for over heating.. under dash.. on steering wheel.. just one 10mm screw and pull it apart.. then check those pins.. very important
Good luck and keep us posted
Old 07-18-2022, 10:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by donr103 View Post
Many great members here post.. that you need to check voltage at the headlights connection.. to see if you have voltage drop.. at the lights themselves.. there is a way.. you can pull all that load.. off the switch.. so it will not burn up.. again.. I did it to my coach.. they make a pre made headlights relay kit.. it's great.. takes 30mins to install.. for me.. old man.. pulls all load off that switch.. I can't remember the name.. just Google headlights relay kits.. it's is the best.. it also pull some of load off ignition switch.. 2yrs ago.. about 25 bucks..even the headlights are much brighter.. you can make your own...

You need to also.. to check ignition switch for over heating.. under dash.. on steering wheel.. just one 10mm screw and pull it apart.. then check those pins.. very important
Good luck and keep us posted

As a preventative measure I replaced the steering column ignition switch given they have a history of failing at the worst possible time & place. Lucky me the PO did not hack the electrical in any fashion. No added electrical accessory items to overload it.

The old one was OEM and showed no signs of excess heat/overload. New one was an AC Delco.
VIN#1GBJP37N4R3314754
Old 09-02-2022, 02:06 PM   #6

Follow up on switch

The switch was bad. The wiring and connections looked like new. I bought the new switch at NAPA part # HL 6613 Echlin brand. $22 + change.
This switch will fit 1974 to 1987 Chevrolet pick up trucks and probably other models as well.
I checked the lights earlier in the day Friday and everything worked fine.. We got off to a late start and as it began to get dark I turned the lights on. No dash lights. A further check and I had no running or tail lights. Luckily we got to our destination before I really needed all the lights. My headlamps did work fine though. I try to not drive my coach after sunset.This was the first time I have really needed the running and tail lights in seven years of usage. Go figure!
Old 09-02-2022, 07:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
The switch was bad. The wiring and connections looked like new. I bought the new switch at NAPA part # HL 6613 Echlin brand. $22 + change.
This switch will fit 1974 to 1987 Chevrolet pick up trucks and probably other models as well.
I checked the lights earlier in the day Friday and everything worked fine.. We got off to a late start and as it began to get dark I turned the lights on. No dash lights. A further check and I had no running or tail lights. Luckily we got to our destination before I really needed all the lights. My headlamps did work fine though. I try to not drive my coach after sunset.This was the first time I have really needed the running and tail lights in seven years of usage. Go figure!
My apologies. I posted this message in the wrong thread.

Tags
headlight, light, switch