Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #1

Help! Need Filter info. for 2010 Maxforce 7 Diesel

Can anyone give me good part numbers for the oil and fuel filters in my Navistar 2010 Maxforce 7 diesel engine in the W20D Workhorse chassis. The manual states #W800236 for oil and #W8006235 for fuel. The problem is that no one has ever heard of these numbers and Workhorse tech support could not answer the question and never called me back as promised! Also where I might purchase them near Arizona.
Thank you in advance!
Rapid Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2011, 05:55 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Robert View Post
Can anyone give me good part numbers for the oil and fuel filters in my Navistar 2010 Maxforce 7 diesel engine in the W20D Workhorse chassis. The manual states #W800236 for oil and #W8006235 for fuel. The problem is that no one has ever heard of these numbers and Workhorse tech support could not answer the question and never called me back as promised! Also where I might purchase them near Arizona.
Thank you in advance!
I need them also as workhorse numbers get a big shrug at the auto parts outlets.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
according to google n Napa...

I dont want to make a bad guess. Let Napa figure it out.

NAPA Filters : Filter Look-Up
Old 09-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes it sounds like they just gave you the workhorse numbers.
You won't get far at the parts store with those numbers I'd think.
I'd start by looking them up for a navstar truck of about the same chassis weight.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:56 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Robert View Post
Can anyone give me good part numbers for the oil and fuel filters in my Navistar 2010 Maxforce 7 diesel engine in the W20D Workhorse chassis.
Call just about ANY Navistar dealership and they will be able to assist you.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Call just about ANY Navistar dealership and they will be able to assist you.

Thanks DriVer, I had called the local dealer and got nowhere but was talking to the wrong person I guess, will go there and get the parts.
I did get some numbers from the purolator filter hotline (1-800-526-4250)after a lot of research they gave me the following:
Oil filter #F45526
Fuel pre-filter #F33910
Fuel seperator Filter #F55804
Air filter (no cross)
NAPA should be able to cross these numbers as well.

It also turns out that Navistar has teamed with Amazon.com to sell parts and some parts are available there as well. I did find the Purolator oil filters at Amazon for about $16.00 each with free shipping.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #7

Serrano owners who like to do their own work or just be prepared for when you get stuck with contaminated diesel fuel here is what I have learned. First the oil filter from Purolator that I mentioned earlier is the correct one and comes with a Ford instruction sheet that shows two types of usage. The F series is the one we have. You will also be very confused when you pull the engine cover to find the configuration does not look like that in the manual nor the one pictured at Navistar online. I found two nearly identical filter caps hidden under the air intake (not out in the open on the side of the engine as pictured). You need to loosen the hose clamp at the bottom of the rubber boot and lift and rotate the long air intake tube to get at the filters. More confusion, the one on the left looking forward has a fitting on it and is the fuel pre-filter, the fitting is for checking fuel pressure by a service facility. The one on the right is the oil filter. This should be changed prior to draining the pan as when you remove the cover the filter pops up and opens a valve that allows the oil in the filter housing to drain down to the crankcase. You also could just leave the pan plug out until you are done with the filter change.
This whole procedure will be simple and quick the next time I do it but was a pain to figure out the first time as no clear info. seems to be available in the manual or online. The fuel pre-filter is also just a drop in job but should not require removing the air intake. There is also a fuel seperator filter under the engine, both come in a kt if you get it from Navistar and the part number is 1876533C93. I picked up this kit at RWC International in Tucson, they have several locations around the country. The cost was $81.37 for the kit, a bit pricy but not a bad idea to have in your tool box. The Purolator crossed ones may be less. Be sure to follow the manual when changing fuel filters to avoid air in the system. This will be a future story when I'm faced with that problem as I'm sure the manual is lacking there as well. GOD, MY WIFE LOVES THE SMELL OF DIESEL IN THE MORNING!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Great info Rapid Robert, sounds like going to a WH or Navistar diesel does not make life any easier. I don;t know why that it is. I guess it goes with the RV industry.
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel