Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2005, 02:13 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Electricians Nightmare?
"My 05 is getting to be what I figured would be an electicians nightmare. I called Workhorse and she asked me if I got the recall notice and I had not. It's recall # 50402-C. Instrument Cluster recall.Don't know how many are affected but mine is an 05 Damon Daybreak 3270 but it's a WH recall.
My computer (trip meter odometer) says "Brake Failure" as soon as I turn the key on and goes off and it says it again when I start the engine. It has done this since day 1. I just thought it was suppose to do this just like the warning lites when u first start it up. The dealer was only interested in selling this. Obviously they either don't check anything or say "let's get our $$$ for it first.
I was wondering if anyone else has had this work done and what all the recall fixed.
My left turn signal indicator light stays on if the head lights are on, does'nt blink. 4 way flashers indicator lights and hi beam indicator lights don't come on if the key is off., (normal ? don't know) Left rear brake light works sometimes, had it out many times, the bulbs are good conection is clean and tight, The picture of the engine (check engine light just came on yesterday and is still on today. Radio reception is terrible especially on AM, CD player sounds good.
I'd like to hear from other ppl who may be or have been affected by this recall.
Another weird thing is I bought a new DVD?VCR combo from Wal Mart. It wrked fine for awhile and quit. Was running on Generator. Took it back to Wal Mart and bought a different brand, again it worked fine at first and quit working again with the generator. The TV is plugged in on the same recpticle and gives me no trouble. Any ideas? Now I carry a spare DVD/VCR player. How can you get something fixed when if you plug something else into the plug, it works I doubt I got 2 bad dvd players.
Any ways, I have to go 250 miles diagognaly across the Rocky Mtns. and back this week end, and have another trip planned for 4th of July before I can get in to the WH facility.
I hope it's kidding about the "BRAKE FAILURE!" thing. and "Check Engine Light. WH said it's probably ok to drive but if something does go wrong, I probably won't get any warnings.
I'm glad I have'nt put a CB radio or inverter in yet whare they might say it's my fault. It already has terrible, amatuerish, big mess of wires under the Dash, all kinds of wires and connectors with screw holes to mount but just dangling there. I don't know if this is WH or Damons' work.
This recall is not posted on the link at the top of this forum.
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2005, 02:13 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Electricians Nightmare?
"My 05 is getting to be what I figured would be an electicians nightmare. I called Workhorse and she asked me if I got the recall notice and I had not. It's recall # 50402-C. Instrument Cluster recall.Don't know how many are affected but mine is an 05 Damon Daybreak 3270 but it's a WH recall.
My computer (trip meter odometer) says "Brake Failure" as soon as I turn the key on and goes off and it says it again when I start the engine. It has done this since day 1. I just thought it was suppose to do this just like the warning lites when u first start it up. The dealer was only interested in selling this. Obviously they either don't check anything or say "let's get our $$$ for it first.
I was wondering if anyone else has had this work done and what all the recall fixed.
My left turn signal indicator light stays on if the head lights are on, does'nt blink. 4 way flashers indicator lights and hi beam indicator lights don't come on if the key is off., (normal ? don't know) Left rear brake light works sometimes, had it out many times, the bulbs are good conection is clean and tight, The picture of the engine (check engine light just came on yesterday and is still on today. Radio reception is terrible especially on AM, CD player sounds good.
I'd like to hear from other ppl who may be or have been affected by this recall.
Another weird thing is I bought a new DVD?VCR combo from Wal Mart. It wrked fine for awhile and quit. Was running on Generator. Took it back to Wal Mart and bought a different brand, again it worked fine at first and quit working again with the generator. The TV is plugged in on the same recpticle and gives me no trouble. Any ideas? Now I carry a spare DVD/VCR player. How can you get something fixed when if you plug something else into the plug, it works I doubt I got 2 bad dvd players.
Any ways, I have to go 250 miles diagognaly across the Rocky Mtns. and back this week end, and have another trip planned for 4th of July before I can get in to the WH facility.
I hope it's kidding about the "BRAKE FAILURE!" thing. and "Check Engine Light. WH said it's probably ok to drive but if something does go wrong, I probably won't get any warnings.
I'm glad I have'nt put a CB radio or inverter in yet whare they might say it's my fault. It already has terrible, amatuerish, big mess of wires under the Dash, all kinds of wires and connectors with screw holes to mount but just dangling there. I don't know if this is WH or Damons' work.
This recall is not posted on the link at the top of this forum.
Denver, Colorado
Old 06-23-2005, 03:42 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
It's a recall. It will take about 30 minutes to fix. Every thing is ok now in my 32BA.
hwrsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:46 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
hwrsar, Glad to hear it's ok now, do you want to share how it was before the 30 min recall fix?
Denver, Colorado
Old 06-23-2005, 06:40 PM   #5

If it is just a software problem it is a 30 minute fix (if the repair shop has a laptop with the proper program). In some cases, including mine, it need a replacement instrument cluster. Most dealers I asked need 3 to 8 weeks to schedule the fix, but then WH put me on to a repair shop in Lodi, CA that only needed 2 days.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:34 AM   #6

Bluewind, can you tell me the name of the shop you went to in Lodi ? Thank you.
Firefolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:41 AM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
My Motorhome was ok before the fix. I did have a problem aboug 4 months ago. The ABS lights came on but the shop fixed that. The shop ordered a new instrument cluster and it took about 3 days to get it, then I took the motorhome in to the shop for the fix.. The Chev dealer had a computer to reprogram it but their computer broke. Every thing is fine now. I did not see any difference after the fix.
hwrsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:03 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I didn't receive any recall notice, but the WH service shop updated the SW when I was in for some rear turn signal wiring problems. There is an easy way to display the SW version that you have. I printed it out, but don't have it with me right now. If someone wants it posted on this thread, let me know.wilanddij@cox.net
wilanddij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 07:16 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Ihad the recall "fix" done a couple of months ago and had not had any problems up to that point. Then this week while at crusing speed the IP went haywire and the guages dropped to zero that after about 10 seconds everyhing came back. I was about 1300 miles from home and it hasn't happended again.
I think I need a new IP.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:36 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
According to the forum item I printed, the vin #'s affected end in 354720 thru 394550. Checking for IP cluster SW version:
1) Begin with the ign. key off
2) Press and hold down the "MODE" button on the IC
3) While continuing to press the "MODE" button, turn the ign. key to the on/run position
4) Read the cluster SW verion in the LCD display
5) Release the "MODE" button and the display will read normally

Latest SW versions as of 3/25/05:
2003 101615V02_39
2004 104348V03_01
wilanddij is offline   Reply With Quote