Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2009, 07:43 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Comon' by and say hi!

I am located in booth #28 and I will be here for the next few days until the show closes on Sunday afternoon.

Live from North Fort Myers, Florida

Note sun has scrarf and ear mufflers on at the moment.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2009, 08:34 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good luck with show. We just wanted to remind you of your roots with scraf and ear mufflers around FL. today.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I had an opportunity to speak with people about some concerns today and some of those were brakes. There were 3 cases regarding brakes. In each case the brakes were currently working well since the repairs were completed.

One of the issues is that owner's are not aware that flushing their brake fluid will help prevent major brake problems. When provided with the information the people responded positively and told me that they would do it going forward. Lubing slides and pins I suggested a 2 year schedule. One of the owners even knew what hygroscopic was.

I had a rear spring clip broken, the same clip on the same rear spring broke 3 times the guy said. I can only figure that a 4 point weigh would help identify if that side of his coach was heavy for some reason.

IP clusters = 0
Air & Fuel filters = 0

Transmission oil changes, I had a few of those and my recommendations were straight out of the Allison fluid and filter maintenance guide which I have. I spoke about upgrading to Transynd.

One gentleman came by and inquired about a exhaust manifold gasket leak, what's involved and how much would I expect it to cost. I explained the process and the what ifs. Changing the manifold gasket doesn't take long at all if all goes well. The owner was concerned about warping and I told him that you don't typically see the new manifolds warp any where near to the degree that the older cast iron manifolds on the 454 would warp. Based on my experience a new gasket is usually all you need.

A man came by who owned an Airstream on a P32 Wide-Track and he wanted to know how to improve his steering. He told me that he is always inputting to the wheel and it wears him out. I offered that this issue is best handled by folks who have cut their teeth on P series chassis since there are quite a few variables in the suspension geometry. We spoke about air bag pressures, springs, bellcranks, shocks, dampers, weights and loading etc.

a couple of people came by with steering input issues and I suggested that proper inflation pressure and a front end alignment be ruled out and also to check the caster setting. Subsequent to these checks a rear track bar may help in a great many cases.

Quite a few people just dropped by and told us how much they liked their Workhorse and had no problems.

Come on in and join us in the Workhorse Chat Room going on right now!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:49 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
It's a beautiful day in south western Florida! Comon' by and say hello!

Yes! I have iRV2 stickers ....
Old 01-24-2009, 04:14 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I would like to respectfully request that any forum members that attend this show (or any RV Show in the future) please question (respectfully) Workhorse on the Brake Problems so many of us are having or will have. Then please post the responses, good or bad you receive from Workhorse. I would do this myself but California is just a little too far from Florida. Thanks, we all will appreciate your efforts.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:38 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers

Ambassador Dave and Mike in the Lee County Civic Center

We met a lot of people and had the opportunity to speak about our RV'ing lifestyle with many of the attendees. We also gave out quite a few iRV2 stickers and I hope that those persons that we spoke with will come and join us here on-line.

I want to thank all the iRV2.com members that came by the display at the FRVTA Fort Myers RV Show just to meet us and shake our hand. You are appreciated and I hope to see you again next year.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mike,

It is true that the camera always adds 10 lbs.....or is it 20?

Anyway, thanks for "showing me the ropes" and all your tips for the Ambassador role. You were very helpful.

Dave
Old 01-27-2009, 07:33 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally posted by Davel:
It is true that the camera always adds 10 lbs.....or is it 20?
Dave, Aw comon' you're being too generous in your observation.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
It only adds 10 lbs. if you carry the camera and case, with all accessories.
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote