Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2015, 10:52 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Low oil pressure warnings when pressure is good II.

Bit the bullet and took our 05 Tiffin Allegro 32ba to a shop that does workhorse work.
Lucky for me they were able to duplicate the while driving with a manual oil pump. The pressure did drop. Also the check engine light turned out to be the 02 sensor.
The oil pump and shaft and 02 sensor were replaced. No warning lights and oil pressure stayed around 35-45 lbs and !5-18 when idling after driving awhile.
It was higher when first started.
Unfortunately, the cruise control didn't work. Wish I tried it before I was almost home form shop. I called and the mechanic was on vacation so 'll call back when he returns.
To save a hour drive back to the shop I'll check with this forum.
The shop was checking the dash cluster and oil pressure in the process. Is anyone familiar with where the cruise control may plug in?
Hopefully, that may be the problem.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2015, 10:39 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm interested in the O2 sensor replacement.

What was the check engine light code they got that caused them to replace it and which O2 sensor did they replace?
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:55 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post

What was the check engine light code they got that caused them to replace it and which O2 sensor did they replace?
Hi Arch,
Shop maynot be open on Saturdays - - no answer. I'll call and ask.
I'hope some one has some info on where the cruise control connects. Hopefully they didn't re connect it.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:56 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
There's a good chance they inadvertently moved the brake light switch which is down by the brake pedal. It is a very flimsy switch and easily moved. Try re-positioning it. This happened to me once when I was once working under the dash. Also, if there is anything wrong with the brake light circuit, the cruise control will not work. You might also check for a burnt out brake light bulb.
kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 08:22 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennersonf View Post
There's a good chance they inadvertently moved the brake light switch which is down by the brake pedal. It is a very flimsy switch and easily moved. Try re-positioning it. This happened to me once when I was once working under the dash. Also, if there is anything wrong with the brake light circuit, the cruise control will not work. You might also check for a burnt out brake light bulb.
Thanks Fred,
I'll try to get down there to the brake pedal. Let's say I'm not as agile as I once was....I do remember the cruise control acting real wierd and there was corrosion on the brake lights.. thanks again.. I wouldn't have thought of the brake system.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:35 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fm ct View Post
Bit the bullet and took our 05 Tiffin Allegro 32ba to a shop that does workhorse work.
Lucky for me they were able to duplicate the while driving with a manual oil pump. The pressure did drop.
Can you tell me about the manual oil pump??

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:09 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
Can you tell me about the manual oil pump??
Hi Tom,
Hmmm, I should've said oil gauge, instead of having to rely on the data sent via the oil pressure sender and electronics, they used a regular/manual oil pressure gauge.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:37 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Thanks. I should have been able to read between the lines and recognized that.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:59 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Fred,
I'll try to get down there to the brake pedal. Let's say I'm not as agile as I once was....I do remember the cruise control acting real wierd and there was corrosion on the brake lights.. thanks again.. I wouldn't have thought of the brake system.
thanks again, fred.
Although I couldn't maneuver under there to get two hands on the switch. I certainly did try. it did turn out to be that switch..
Bravo,
Old 07-21-2015, 06:04 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post

Arch,
The tech blurted out a lot of info about the 02 sensor. Here's what I retained. The sensor something about upstream, Bank one, sensor 1. I think he said there were 4 sensors. He didn't remember the code something about low voltage.
. hope this helps
Old 07-21-2015, 09:48 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Arch,
The tech blurted out a lot of info about the 02 sensor. Here's what I retained. The sensor something about upstream, Bank one, sensor 1. I think he said there were 4 sensors. He didn't remember the code something about low voltage.
. hope this helps
I was getting codes P0151 and P0131. Everybody said the sensors were bad. Changed one and didn't help, turned out the O2 sensors were doing their job...telling me the MAF was dirty and causing bad fuel mixture.

Cleaned the MAF and problem cleared instantly.

Had one shop tell me I had to have them replaced every three years at a cost of $600. Yeah Right. That place is famous for ripping people off.

So be careful when they tell you the sensors are bad. I replaced the one myself at a cost of about $70 plus the purchase of a special socket you need for O2 sensors.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:06 AM   #12

Quote:
Lucky for me they were able to duplicate the while driving with a manual oil pump. The pressure did drop. Also the check engine light turned out to be the 02 sensor.
The oil pump and shaft and 02 sensor were replaced. No warning lights and oil pressure stayed around 35-45 lbs and !5-18 when idling after driving awhile.
It was higher when first started.
tim fm ct
What engine is in your 05 Tiffin Allegro 32BA, (with a 13 Fusion hybrid, 06 Ranger XLT with ramp gizmo, and a 05 Superglide on the gizmo)?
Although you did include a lot of useless information in the signature your post, you left out that one related and, IMO, very important fact.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:30 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
tim fm ct
What engine is in your 05 Tiffin Allegro 32BA, (with a 13 Fusion hybrid, 06 Ranger XLT with ramp gizmo, and a 05 Superglide on the gizmo)?
Although you did include a lot of useless information in the signature your post, you left out that one related and, IMO, very important fact.
Mel
'96 Safari
"you did include a lot of useless information in the signature" Now, now Mel, you sound like the Mel that was on that comedy show in the diner with the two waitresses.
But "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" '96 Safari. ?
pause............................................. .................................................. ................... oh ok, mine is the 8.1 GM