Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2021, 07:59 AM   #1

Mechanic needed in Daytona, Florida

I have a 2005 Winnebago Adventurer with Workhorse w24 chassis. After parking in Daytona, I got a check engine light. I did what I know to find out what needs attention but, alas, I'm at a loss and need help from a professional. Does anyone know a great (not just good) mobile mechanic that is reasonably and fairly priced? Thank You All K.D.
ktumax is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2021, 09:47 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktumax View Post
I have a 2005 Winnebago Adventurer with Workhorse w24 chassis. After parking in Daytona, I got a check engine light. I did what I know to find out what needs attention but, alas, I'm at a loss and need help from a professional. Does anyone know a great (not just good) mobile mechanic that is reasonably and fairly priced? Thank You All K.D.
if it was me I would check with a few local large camp grounds, they usually have heard both good a bad about local mobile mechanics from other campers.
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 09:50 AM   #3

I would check with a couple of the local parts houses (NAPA comes to mind).

Many have code readers that you/they can use for FREE.

Then determine if the issue is a do it yourself or need a tech. And with engine and brakes, a parts house would likely have better info than a CG.

Yes, were this an RV appliance issue, the CG is where to start.

Tags
florida, mechanic