Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #1

Mor/Ryde on a W-22 chassis

Has anyone with a W-22 (or any other W series) installed a Mor/Ryde suspension system on their coach? I've heard great things about it on the F-53 chassis, but nothing with the W-22. My 2001 Dolphin 5355 rides pretty well well Koni FSD shocks and a front and rear trac bar, but the harshness of rough roads has started to wear me down after 10 years of driving this coach. I've made adjustments to my air pressure with not much change noticed, so I'm curious if anyone has experience with the Mor/Ryde and how it might soften the ride a bit. I guess I'm hoping for DP "isolation" from the road knowing that I'll never truly get it until I upgrade... Then again I'm paying off tuition loans for my two daughter's college educations... No DP for now ...

I'm also due for new tires soon (6 years this month) and am wondering of the Goodyear G670 tires can be beaten performance-wise with less harshness and a somewhat smoother ride. My set of 6 tires has held up well with no age cracking and only slight wear in 6 years.

Thanks.

Stuart
2001 Dolphin 5355, W-22, 19.5" wheels
Front and rear trac bars
Koni FSD shocks
Goodyear G670 tires
rvguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I've been here for a long time and I have not read any product reviews from members that have installed a Mor-Ryde system on a W-Series chassis.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #3

That's what stops me from considering the installation. $2500 or so is a LOT of money to spend without a pretty high confidence of success. I asked Mor/Ryde if they had any references from Workhorse chassis owners. They did not.

When the Koni FSD shocks went on back in 2005, it was very noticeable the moment I drove away from the service center. I'd be very upset if I spent $2500 and drove away thinking I just wasted my money!
rvguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvguy02 View Post
That's what stops me from considering the installation. $2500 or so is a LOT of money to spend without a pretty high confidence of success. I asked Mor/Ryde if they had any references from Workhorse chassis owners. They did not.

When the Koni FSD shocks went on back in 2005, it was very noticeable the moment I drove away from the service center. I'd be very upset if I spent $2500 and drove away thinking I just wasted my money!
rvguy02, "Early on" the F53 Super Duty Ford Motorhome Chassis was challenged to deliver an enjoyable ride as delivered from Detroit Chassis. Owners were disappointed with the ride and Mor-Ryde stepped in with a solution that improved the ride significantly.

There have been no reports here in the past 10 years that I have been here that speak to the same improvement or any improvement using Mor-Ryde products on the Workhorse W20-24 chassis.

We as a group have installed aftermarket, anti sway bars (Helwig), track bars, steering dampers, air bags, improved technology shock absorbers and the latest device, Sumo Springs.

Quite a few years ago, Uptime Parts, offered a Stabil-Air aftermarket suspension kit which cost approximately $5.000 and took 3 days to install and setup. That didn't work out very well.

I would save my money unless you have a specific problem that you are trying to overcome. Will the "Dubya" ride like an air ride equipped vehicle? Most likely not however Workhorse did initially provide the Stabil-Ride suspension to provide a like-air quality which many test drivers have found to be better than the alternative gasoline powered coach.

Koni FSD shock absorbers do provide a step up on ride quality as you have already surmised and I agree. Can you do more? Yes you can, but I just would not throw money at it unless you are attempting to resolve a specific issue.

We as a group can help walk you through those challenges since many of us are poster children for after market suspension equipment.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis