Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2009, 02:40 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Al,

Did you deduct any gen hours?
Just a rough estimate if you didn't, you could take about 28 gal of gas off your total which would put it closer to 8 MPG

Did you program the transmission temp in for your Scangage?

Thanks,

Ron
Ron & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2009, 07:24 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Quote:
My scanguage did measure 170 degrees for the transmission though at times in the 100+ degree heat. I'm not sure what this should be. I think that the range is 150-158.
Al,

175 to 180 degrees is normal operating temps...
Old 08-31-2009, 09:31 AM   #17

I didn't deduct the generater gas usage. In fact, I forgot to check the hour meter. As far as programing the scanguage, I used Oemy's site and then called scanguage to program the guage. It was easy to do. During my travels, The map was at 14.6, the water temp ran about 198-202 degrees. The fan came on about 204 degrees and the input air temp varied. After looking at bank thermometers on the side of the road, it looks like the input air temp is close to the outside air temp. May be off by about 5 degrees. I'm not sure about this, but I'll keep an eye on this.
Thanks for your input
Al DeVinaspre
2002 32H bounder W22
aldevinaspre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:40 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldev View Post
I didn't deduct the generater gas usage. In fact, I forgot to check the hour meter. As far as programing the scanguage, I used Oemy's site and then called scanguage to program the guage. It was easy to do. During my travels, The map was at 14.6, the water temp ran about 198-202 degrees. The fan came on about 204 degrees and the input air temp varied. After looking at bank thermometers on the side of the road, it looks like the input air temp is close to the outside air temp. May be off by about 5 degrees. I'm not sure about this, but I'll keep an eye on this.
Thanks for your input
Al DeVinaspre
2002 32H bounder W22
AL: I think you'll find the SCII is reading the input air temp at the MAF sensor (behind the air filter), which IS probably a few degrees higher than the ambient air temps being shown by commercial roadside thermometers. You'll probably see it display MUCH higher when stopped, because then you are sucking the hot air from inside the front cap without much fresh flow thru the grill. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:30 PM   #19

Thanks, You said it better than I could. I like that!
Thanks again,
Al DeVinaspre
2002 32h Bounder W22
aldevinaspre is offline   Reply With Quote