Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2006, 05:15 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
In a Press Release announced today, Workhorse Custom Chassis has raised the bar even higher for the competition.

New for 2007 the newly designed coolpack promises to fulfill the expectations of the most ardent penquin by offering an experience not to be forgotten! Missing are the 2 electric auxiliary cooling fans that remarkably are no longer needed with the redesigned syatem.

If the coolpack performs in the same manner as the UFO I test drove in Hershey, Workhorse may have to include a wool blanket to keep the copilot warm. In my case it would be a constant struggle with the A/C controls.

Also on the radar screen is the optional and definitely user friendly adjustable brake and gas pedals. The final piece of the pie is the newly redesigned Actia Instrument Panel. User selectable to any one of 5 background colors the almost 1 inch high display characters are visible under most all lighting conditions.

What you see here is the response of a customer driven company who has listened when we told them about the IP and the A/C.

What's new and exciting on the UFO is shared on the front engined W-Series models for 2007. Why keep all the technology all wrapped up in the UFO when you can spread the benefits of the UFO to the front engine line.

Please see the complete Press Release in the RV Industry News Forum

Click Here
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2006, 05:15 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
In a Press Release announced today, Workhorse Custom Chassis has raised the bar even higher for the competition.

New for 2007 the newly designed coolpack promises to fulfill the expectations of the most ardent penquin by offering an experience not to be forgotten! Missing are the 2 electric auxiliary cooling fans that remarkably are no longer needed with the redesigned syatem.

If the coolpack performs in the same manner as the UFO I test drove in Hershey, Workhorse may have to include a wool blanket to keep the copilot warm. In my case it would be a constant struggle with the A/C controls.

Also on the radar screen is the optional and definitely user friendly adjustable brake and gas pedals. The final piece of the pie is the newly redesigned Actia Instrument Panel. User selectable to any one of 5 background colors the almost 1 inch high display characters are visible under most all lighting conditions.

What you see here is the response of a customer driven company who has listened when we told them about the IP and the A/C.

What's new and exciting on the UFO is shared on the front engined W-Series models for 2007. Why keep all the technology all wrapped up in the UFO when you can spread the benefits of the UFO to the front engine line.

Please see the complete Press Release in the RV Industry News Forum

Click Here
Old 10-16-2006, 06:07 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
What happenned to the Super Sport package???

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:17 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
O'boy O'boy.... but what does it do for all of use that have the old stuff? For most of us it is ZIP, ZERO, Nada....... unless you what to pay $$$$.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:11 PM   #5

The A/C in my 2001 W22 doesn't work correctly! Am I now to believe they've finally designed one that does after 6 years.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:17 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
What happenned to the Super Sport package??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't know but I'll find out.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:27 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oemtech:
.... but what does it do for all of use that have the old stuff? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm sorry but I don't see what I have as old stuff. I believe that I have the best possible technology given my model year. The fact that WCC has improved the 2007 model year in my opinion is pretty exciting. All manufacturers reserve the right to upgrade or change their design specifications. The new toaster I bought recently is pretty slamming!

In my opinion what is welcome is that WCC responded to customer needs by developing and providing these new chassis improvements. In time WCC will continue to innovate and provide new systems and technologies.

The new IP is certainly a welcome change.

Regarding the adjustable pedals, I'm sure that you'll DIY that pretty soon.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:38 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by abarkl:
The A/C in my 2001 W22 doesn't work correctly! Am I now to believe they've finally designed one that does after 6 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Time waits for no man. Things change, engineering improves, processes previously unavailable are now available and manufacturing and technology I would hope improves in 6 years.

I was asked to test an add-on air conditioning product however I found that the cost vs benefit wasn't something that I felt comfortable recommending to you at this time. I am reserving my remarks for the time being since I know that the system can be improved and I'm just going to wait until all of that works itself out first.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:50 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by abarkl:
The A/C in my 2001 W22 doesn't work correctly! Am I now to believe they've finally designed one that does after 6 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My dash AC works great but I know Workhorse's dash AC has been problematic for some. Possibly the same as have had plug wire problems and possible also related to insufficient air flow through the coach builders grill.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:58 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
My dash AC works great but I know Workhorse's dash AC has been problematic for some. Possibly the same as have had plug wire problems and possible also related to insufficient air flow through the coach builders grill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I haven't had any problems related to heat other than the AC.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:57 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
abarkl, you have checked the Evans valve to heater and AC unit right. If not may need a new one or install a ball valve and operate manually.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:45 PM   #12

Yes, I've checked mine. There's definitely hot water on one side and cold on the other.
Thanks.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:17 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
I would rather have seen WCC dump the thermostatic belt driven fan and keep the electric fans. This would make it much quieter and give it more HP. Oh well, I guess they know better than I. I am just the customer, they are the engineers.
W22 Workhorse
Full-Timers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:50 AM   #14

One inch letters on the Actia will certainly help and I guess it is cheaper for them to make then having seperate gauges. I prefer gauges myself.

DriVer, I'm sorry I missed seeing you at Ocean Lakes. My wife fell out the door backwards and hit her tail bone. I really looked forward to seeing "Bigfoot", as you described yourself.

Maybe we'll meet up again somewhere.
We are staying here till the first of April of 2007.