Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2023, 06:01 AM   #1

No more support from Workhorse "Navistar"

I stopped by our local Navistar dealer the other day where I have a couple friends who work in the parts department and have for quite sometime. I was asking if they had a certain wiring diagram available for my coach and they informed me as of sometime in this past April Navistar has shut down anything to do with the former Workhorse line. No support whatsoever.
I did not ask about information or anything else about recall status.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2023, 06:16 AM   #2

I just bought an oil cooler for my W22. While I bought it from Bazels, it was drop shipped from the local warehouse in West Chicago.
Old 05-30-2023, 06:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
I stopped by our local Navistar dealer the other day where I have a couple friends who work in the parts department and have for quite sometime. I was asking if they had a certain wiring diagram available for my coach and they informed me as of sometime in this past April Navistar has shut down anything to do with the former Workhorse line. No support whatsoever.
I did not ask about information or anything else about recall status.
Bad news.
Old 05-30-2023, 11:24 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not good for sure.

My local Workhorse guy went out of business last year, hard to find anybody reliable to work on the chassis.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 11:31 AM   #5

Edgray ; posted he was having trouble running serial numbers for recall info .
I'd tried to post the web site address for wiring info a couple of times and found the site gone .

Hopefully enough members here, have enough info collected they can share .
Old 05-31-2023, 07:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Edgray ; posted he was having trouble running serial numbers for recall info .
I'd tried to post the web site address for wiring info a couple of times and found the site gone .

Hopefully enough members here, have enough info collected they can share .
While I don't like being the bearer of bad news I thought it was important to bring this to the forefront. Hopefully anyone who has any parts information someone else might be in need of will be willing to share it with fellow Workhorse owners. I certainly will if I can be of any help.
I do have a library of "Auto Park" information which was forwarded to me from a former member on this forum by the name of "Old Used Bear"
Workhorse having stopped support sometime ago but still having some parts info available was driving my friends at the local Navistar crazy at times. They would get a call for Workhorse parts and when they told the caller parts were no longer available they had to listen to the rants and raves from the caller sometimes turning to name calling.
Unfortunately there isn't a cult like following for Workhorse like some auto makers who have faded away. Names like Hudson, Kaiser, Studebaker, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Desoto etc. which I have seen the demise of in my lifetime. While there may be a select few who will hang onto the workhorse based vehicles the majority of Workhorse chassis vehicles will be used up and scrapped at some point in time.
Hence I am asking anyone with information to please keep it in your archives so you can help a person of need out even if you have moved on.
This should bolster the respect everyone has for "Ed Gray" who has been so willing to share the information he has had at hand. His resources will be limited going forward so everyone needs to understand this.
Old 05-31-2023, 07:44 AM   #7

It’s still up and running, and I just had parts sent to me from Chicago, and Ed is still able to help those with recalls needing to be done.
Old 05-31-2023, 01:28 PM   #8

Advance Auto Parts still lists Workhorse Custom Chassis in the drop down. All the serious parts are going to be common to either GM, Dana, Allison.

Having owned a Revcon for 16 years, this is not even a blip on the radar.
Old 05-31-2023, 02:54 PM   #9

I believe my rear axle is by American.
Old 05-31-2023, 03:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm2785 View Post
It’s still up and running, and I just had parts sent to me from Chicago, and Ed is still able to help those with recalls needing to be done.
Who did you order from in Chicago? Ed hasn't been able to get response from his Workhorse source for quite some time. He does have some prior information available though.
What is available from the aftermarket is a whole different story.
Old 05-31-2023, 04:00 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse is still down for NAVISTAR Dealers but we still have some contacts over there that can look up part numbers. Also that Chicago warehouse where parts are coming from is a NAVISTAR PDC.

You can try this email: support@uptime-fs.com Last eight of your vin an a description of what you need should get you a part #
ThatDeadGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 11:11 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW View Post
I believe my rear axle is by American.
Must be later than mine. I looked up the numbers a few years back to try to figure out what the real axle rating was. The spec axle rating was based on springs or brakes, but the physical load rating for the axle was another 1000 lbs higher. It was Dana numbers. With my scooter on the back, I was about 300 lbs over on the rear. I put air bags on it to help the rear springs. I figured as far as brake rating, who needs brakes? No but seriously, I was not over the total weight rating for the coach, so total stopping capability was within range. (that and they give you 2000 lbs of tow rating without trailer brakes, so there is some leeway).
Old 06-01-2023, 11:19 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveinet View Post
Must be later than mine. I looked up the numbers a few years back to try to figure out what the real axle rating was. The spec axle rating was based on springs or brakes, but the physical load rating for the axle was another 1000 lbs higher. It was Dana numbers. With my scooter on the back, I was about 300 lbs over on the rear. I put air bags on it to help the rear springs. I figured as far as brake rating, who needs brakes? No but seriously, I was not over the total weight rating for the coach, so total stopping capability was within range. (that and they give you 2000 lbs of tow rating without trailer brakes, so there is some leeway).
It is the 2001 Tiffin Allegro 31IA. No slides. Basic Intellitec converter/charger. Plug in generator power transfer.
I added the Spendide combo and a rear roof AC unit. Stopped changing front coil spring airbags that always popped anyway. Getting rid of the boat anchor front tv helped in that regard.
Old 06-01-2023, 05:40 PM   #14

Sorry, I always forget about the workhorse version of the P30 chassis. I assume that is a W18?

Tags
navistar, workhorse