Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
obd2 code p0332

While driving to the irv rally in Iowa my check engine lite came on , stayed on for about 1 to 2 hours . before that we had stopped to get fuel and allowed fuel to spill at inlet and maybe some into the vent anyway we stopped at a rest area and shut down after a snack about 20 minutes started up the lite went out and has not come back on . Its been a few days so I decided hook up my code reader,a code po332 come up stayed on for about 45 seconds then to 0 with yellow lite which everything is ok. the code reading is knock sensor 2 circuit low voltage imput. Were getting ready to go home about 1000 miles away. Is this something I should check out before starting out.
There not a service center near . I am at amana colonies my coach has 21000miles on it
Thanks for any information

Mabry
Mabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Knock sensors are easy to replace. Cost is $30 to $40 depending on where you get them.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Knock sensors

Dale thanks for answering.. Do I need to address this right a way? the engine has been running real good on the flat and the hills with no hesitation I just cranked the engine up and the ck did not come on. also where are the sensor located also can they be changed out with regular tools my reading said knock sensor 2 circuit low input [bank 2]. do you think the problem maybe corrected it self since i've driven about 30O with the lite still out???

Thanks Mabry
Old 09-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #4

You can probably make it home or to your next stop. The engine computer will pull timing and you will have reduced power and probably poor gas mileage. Get them replaced as soon as you can and clear any codes.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabry View Post
Dale thanks for answering.. Do I need to address this right a way? the engine has been running real good on the flat and the hills with no hesitation I just cranked the engine up and the ck did not come on. also where are the sensor located also can they be changed out with regular tools my reading said knock sensor 2 circuit low input [bank 2]. do you think the problem maybe corrected it self since i've driven about 30O with the lite still out???

Thanks Mabry
DALE: Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as you know I "don't fix it if it aint broke" ,

The OP is saying the CEL was a "one time" event, apparently related to "low voltage", and has apparently cleared itself. Engine is running good and CEL has not returned in 300 miles. Do you still think replacing the KS is necessary? Thanks.
Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
DALE: Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as you know I "don't fix it if it aint broke" ,

The OP is saying the CEL was a "one time" event, apparently related to "low voltage", and has apparently cleared itself. Engine is running good and CEL has not returned in 300 miles. Do you still think replacing the KS is necessary? Thanks.
Ed
Although the CEL msg is gone you still may be getting LTKNK and STKNK. Also you need to look at the stored codes and the frozen data that goes with the code. Only a good scan gauge will show you all of that. I would monitor the knock retard via a SG II and see if it the ECM is pulling timing.

There are other things that can cause the knock sensor to post an error.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
a Dale: I tried to pull up any additional codes but there were none. my obd2 is not a expensive one and I"m sure it won't do all the functions you mentioned. I tried to get a knock sensor today but they didn't have it in stock and 2to 3 days to get it. I'm in a small place with out to many options. So I'll wait till I get home I'll keep a sharp alert out for any changes in engine performance. Any suggestions you can offer I sure would appreciate and one other thing is which side of the engine is the #2bank?? driver side or passenger side????

I've found the sensors on the engine and they as you said don't look to hard to change... thanks for all the info.....

Mabry