Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Arrow Official Release - Bosch Brake Caliper Recall 51101-C

Attached are all the original documents that pretain to the:

51101-C Bosch Brake Caliper Brake Recall

The documents are in their original format and will also be available on the Workhorse BrakeResourceCenter.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 51101-C Bosch Brake Caliper Service Bulletin.pdf (567.2 KB, 2615 views)
File Type: pdf 51101-C CA WCC CUST LTR A 0.pdf (29.1 KB, 608 views)
File Type: pdf 51101-C CA WCC follow up.pdf (29.6 KB, 503 views)
File Type: pdf 51101-C CUST LTR- US follow up.pdf (29.6 KB, 586 views)
File Type: pdf 51101-C CUST LTR US WCC INT.pdf (29.3 KB, 489 views)
File Type: pdf BOSCH STANDARD FAQ.PDF (182.5 KB, 698 views)
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #2

Smile Recall notice

I just received my offical recall notice. I will make an appointment and get this taken care of.
dickfrompasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
DriVer;

I just want to personally thank you for all the info you have supplied us though out this brake issue. You have taken a lot of abuse and you stood strong through out. Thank you for being there for us. I think when this brake recall is completed the Workhorse Forum will seem awful quiet.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:53 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Brake Recall

I also received our official notice to take our M/H in but since they have already done it twice and it seems to be fine and I am reluncant to have them tear it all apart again.

I wonder if there is a time limit or maybe I should just wait untill all of the other M/H's have been done and take it in then.
JTN50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTN50 View Post
I wonder if there is a time limit or maybe I should just wait untill all of the other M/H's have been done and take it in then.
JTN50, There is no time limit on this campaign. Last come last served.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:20 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No parts at my service center, Campers Inn Merricack NH

I got my notice also, called my local service center, Campers Inn in Merrimack NH. The service manager put on a list im number 15, he has no parts and has no idea of when he is going to get them. I guess they forgot about the Northeast. That was almost a month ago.

Morancy Adventures!!
03HRVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just got the brake recall (all 4 calipers replaced) completed yesterday. The recommended service center from Workhorse was McGeorge's Rolling Hills RV in Ashland Va. I called them to set up an appointment and was told they were booked about 6 weeks out. A truck service center just down the street from the RV dealer was recommended. I called Internationsl Truck Sales of Richmond and was told that 'yes' they were performing the brake recall, and an appointment was made for two days later. (Wed.Oct. 13th.) I talked with service writer Cal, who explained the procedure. I arrived about 45 min early for my appointment and within 15 min the RV was in the shop and the service tech Charles was starting the repair. They were great to work with. I was picking up my RV almost exactly 4 hrs later. I was given the keys and told to go start it up and get the A/C going. Within 2 min Cal was at the window of the RV with the paperwork for me to sigh. No extra work needed beyond the recall so, no charges at all. I didn't even have to walk back to the office! Very customer service orented.

While I was killing time, waiting for the recall to be completed, I went to McGeorges RV, about a half mile away, and talked to Greg McGeroge, who explained about the backlog on the recall and appologized that his facility couldn't get to me sooner.

Both of these companies were very helpful and I had a great experience at both.

I had the Recall work done at. . .
International Truck Sales of Richmond
11525 N. Lakeridge Pkwy
Ashland, VA. 23005
PH. 804-353-5555

I also want to thank McGeorge's for their honesty in helping me get my repair done as quickly as possible. Their service writer also gave me a lot of good advice on winterizing my RV, and recommended to me a service facility to have my KVH in motion satellite system checked out and set up. They were very good people to work with. I also purchased over $50 worth of items from their well stocked RV Store.
McGeorge's Rolling Hills RV
11525 Shade Lane
Ashland, Va. 23005
PH. 804-550-7323

RinkersRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:37 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Brazel's RV Performance Center reportedly is doing 30 brake jobs per week. They have a large volume of both calipers and retail parts.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:46 AM   #9
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
DriVer;

I just want to personally thank you for all the info you have supplied us though out this brake issue. You have taken a lot of abuse and you stood strong through out. Thank you for being there for us. I think when this brake recall is completed the Workhorse Forum will seem awful quiet.

Don

Why, is "jdsr" not posting any more?
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03HRVacationer View Post
I got my notice also, called my local service center, Campers Inn in Merrimack NH. The service manager put on a list im number 15, he has no parts and has no idea of when he is going to get them. I guess they forgot about the Northeast. That was almost a month ago.

Al,
Call O'Conner GMC Truck center, Warren Ave in Portland Maine. I'm booked for November 1 but they told me I'm far from the first and I doubt the last.
I am purposly waiting for the dust to settle. Uncle Sam taught me to never be first in line for anything.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03HRVacationer View Post
You might be giving Campers inn more credit than they deserve. Just my opinion as we bought our last 2 coaches there and the service dept is virtually non existant. We finally went to the factory last year and all the things they couldn't fix, the factory did for free.
Good Luck,
Carl & Bev
03flhtcui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #12

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We had a major brake problem while on vacation the week before Labor Day on the way to Crystal River FL.. Both front brakes began to drag and overheated one side cracking the oil bath. We contacted Workhorse and they told me Register RV in Brooksville Fl was closest service center.

We contacted them on Monday Aug 30 and made arrangements to have our motorhome towed there that afternoon. Upon arrival Bill the service manager promptly got on our case and told us he would get started on the teardown firts thing Tuesday am. THEY DID!!!! By 10 am Tuesday that had the brakes diagnosed and photos to Workhorse brake recall center. They got confermation from Workhorse by 2 pm and ordered the parts... Here was the problem came in Bosch Brake Caliper Recall 51101-C was going to Start Sept 1 but the new caliper kits wern't ready. Debbie in parts stayed on Workhorse parts and got promises each day for a next day delivery. Finally the parts arrived on Friday September 3rd. Register had us on the road by 4 PM that afternoon.

An afterthought we probably got the first new calipers how cool is that!

Register RV Center
14240 Cortez Blvd. (State Rd. 50)
Brooksville, FL 34613
Toll Free: 1.877.877.3388

They may not be a major center for the recall but they did a great job for us!

Two weeks after arriving home from this trip we recieved our recall notice.

That was even cooler!!!
skb0203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:00 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaball View Post
Al,
Call O'Conner GMC Truck center, Warren Ave in Portland Maine. I'm booked for November 1 but they told me I'm far from the first and I doubt the last.
I am purposly waiting for the dust to settle. Uncle Sam taught me to never be first in line for anything.
Thanks for the Lead, I think Portland is a shorter drive for me than Campers Inn in Merrimack, I'll call in the morning. When do you want me to give you the sign for the spring rally? Been waiting to see where your going to have it. LOL You know I'm just kidding. Unless you want to put one together. We have still never had one in Maine. You might get like 5 to go that far. Tommy at Baylies hooked me up with a great deal a couple of years ago and we had 4. Have a great winter, keep you posted on O'Conner.

Thanks Again

Morancy Adventures!!
03HRVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:05 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just got a call from Quirk Auto in Bangor ME saying that they have the parts and have offered me an appointment as I pass thru from NS to TX

Do you know anything about them? Do they do good work?

Preston

All of the best and safe driving,
prsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
51101-c, bosch, calipers, recall, workhorse