Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2010, 05:34 AM   #1
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Arrow Owner of Record

Most recently we have seen where members have stated unequivocally that they ONLY used the "My Workhorse" resource on workhorse.com and they claim that they were able to transfer the ownership of their motorhome and have themselves assigned as the "Owner of Record."

Those same members confirm that what they did accomplished the transfer of ownership since they have received the Interim Notices.

I called my contacts in this matter and I want to state for the record that in order to transfer the ownership of a motor vehicle that a legally binding paper trail must accompany the request. The accepted documents are, title of ownership, bill of sale, current insurance card.

The "My Workhorse" is only designed to offer owners information about their vehicle and was never intended to transfer ownership. I made the point of saying yesterday that if I gave you my VIN# you would not be able to transfer ownership of my motorhome to a new owner without the overview of the Warranty Administration Group at Workhorse.

When you are accepting the ownership of a Workhorse chassis please make sure that someone calls Workhorse or submits paperwork that transfers the ownership.

In the background, if your vehicle was ever at a service center, there's a good chance they were able to submit the ownership information. The selling dealer is obligated to cut the ties of ownership from their dealership and transfer the ownership to the purchaser. In a private deal, if I were going to sell you my motorhome why would I want to remain in the chain of custody if the property was not mine? I expect that Insurance policies were canceled and registration information was changed.

There are checks and balances in the background that effect the changes however I can not list all of those here but please make a point of providing the requested information if your dealer or previous owner has not transferred the ownership to you the new owner.

What is troubling is when dealers drop the ball and only take your money and fail to follow up with the paperwork. i have seen this happen many times.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #2

MIKE:
Thanks for clearing this up for our members. I have been consistently advising "second owners" that they need to contact Workhorse and SUBMIT some form of legal document to prove the requested change is legit.

What is a little confusing is that under the "My Workhorse" tab, there is a link to a page where you enter all the "new owner" info and there is a link at the bottom of that page called "submit request". However, I don't think that simply clicking that button automatically updates the records and eliminates the original owner's info from the database.

As you have reported, either a licensed dealer or a paper document submitted to WCC is required to affect this change. Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good to know Driver! I guess CW must have reported my MH purchase to WH and Fleetwood and I did not know it. I'm guessing my friends RV must have had someone notify WH too?

I agree Edgray regarding the "My Workhorse" tab, and the link to a page where you enter all the "New Owner" information and then there is a link at the bottom of that page called "Submit Request". As far as I know this is what I did and I remember after entering the VIN# it asking me if this was me. I said "NO" and it updated my info and removed the previous owners name and info. But then again maybe CW sent something before I signed up?

Still weird as my friends RV was not a dealer buy and someone else on that thread said they bought private party and had no issues signing up online?

Maybe we need to get someone's VIN and try to updated it with a new name? Anyone? Driver! Anyone? LOL!
dezertcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertcamper View Post

Maybe we need to get someone's VIN and try to updated it with a new name? Anyone? Driver! Anyone? LOL!
here is mine: XXXXX Please see if you can access the records for this vin #, and then see if you can change the records to remove me and claim ownership in your name.

I'm serious. We need to know if this is possible. If you ARE sucessful, without sending any documentation to Workhorse, then THEY need to know there is a glitch in the system....and you can rest assurred I will be letting them know while in the process of getting "MY Workhorse" back into my name.

For obvious reasons, please let me know if you do this. THANKS, ED
Old 03-26-2010, 11:07 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well I just tried to enter your VIN# Ed. it let me sign up and enter your VIN and MH description. Then I went to submit this info it stopped me and this is what it said;

VIN number: XXXXX has already been added by a user with username(s): edgray1.
It is possible that you already added this VIN, or that someone else has added your VIN by mistake. Did you, by any chance, create a MY WORKHORSE account in the past?
If you need to retrieve an account you created in the past, please log out, and use the username/password recovery feature on the login page.If you are sure that you entered the correct VIN, and that you haven't already added this VIN with any other MY WORKHORSE account, please contact our service department to correct this item so that you can verify VIN specifications and current owner information, including the address that any safety bulletins will be mailed to.

So like Driver had said, unless the previous owner or dealer had removed their account, it looks like you need to contact WH to complete the registration. I'm guessing if the RV had not been preregistered then it would register without having to contact WH?
dezertcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #6

dezertcamper:
THANK YOU for attempting this experiment. I "assumed" you were trying, because I got an email from Workhorse providing me with my login information saying I had requested it.

SO, I guess the system has safeguards to prevent an "accidental" claim to someone else's motorhome. That's a good thing, IMO.

If you had been sucessful, then you would need to provide me with your name and address, so I could send you the payment coupon book!! LOL

Thanks again for helping us with this issue. Ed
Old 03-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #7

THANK YOU, Rusty. That was quick work! you mods are great...and greatly appreciated. Ed
Old 03-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I never registered my W24 chassis with Workhorse as I didn't know anything about "My Workhorse". When I bought the UFO I found this site and was told about registering it with Workhorse. When I tried to register it, it told me that is was registered in the name of the transport company. It took a long time to get it out of their name and into mine.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to gonzo
When we got our Holiday Rambler as second owner I went to My Workhose and updated the owner information with no problem. Just in case I doubble checked just now and I am registered as the owner. I have have receive the interim notices. For me it worked without the paper trail!! Or is this something different for us canuck's
gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:01 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Apparently, it matters little whether or not you are registered on My Workhorse. We have been registered on My Workhorse using our "Texas mailing forwarding" address for years. All correspondence we have received from Workhorse (including interim recall notices and our reimbursement check) has gone to our daughter's address in Florida (which we use for vehicle registration purposes only).

When I contacted Workhorse to make sure they had the correct address so that we would be sure to get future correspondence, I was told by Erica Kuplicki that NHTSA sends out all notices using the address listed on DMV records and I needed to make sure that was correct! This makes little sense to me as all correspondence received has been on Workhorse letterhead, etc. Does NHTSA send the reimbursement checks too? as I had put in my reimbursement request letter (in bold) that our address had changed since we bought our motorhme and yet the reimbursement check went to the wrong address as well. Just wondering????
Old 03-27-2010, 07:08 AM   #11
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Or is this something different for us canuck's
gonzo, Workhorse chassis are also sold in Britain and on the Continent and elsewhere. Those owners need to provide hard copy evidence of ownership or cease of ownership. Whether there is a mechanism in place that is entirely computer driven in the background that checks for VIN# or Insurance information, some type of process polls this information for any legal and binding agency that transfers ownership or assigns ownership.

Your provincial government for tax purposes for instance may want to check your VIN# for owner of record. Your insurance company wants to make sure that you are the owner and didn't steal the vehicle. There are other processes that maybe in play that we have overlooked however the fact that your were able to list yourself as the OOR on the MW is because the VIN# was clear and or you were already listed as the OOR in the warranty databse which is not at all their same database that is used for MW.

The MW is only a consumer information resource and it is not used for any warranty or recall processes.

It is not unusual for a dababase to replicate itself and update owner information from a reliable source file. What ever information you enter in the MW is not replicated upstream to the master database file. Think of the problems that this would present if this were indeed the case or a remote possibility.

In the posts above we have already ruled out manipulating the data.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Question how can I verify that Workhorse has made the changes in ownership.

I THINK the proper paper work was submitted, BUT after 8 Months have not received anything from Workhorse to indicated my ownership.
777Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:00 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am the second owner of my Allegro 32BA, the Workhouse website, shows me as the current owner, with the below:

The owner information above reflects the current warranty registration for this VIN. Important safety information will be sent to the address displayed.
If it is correct, you do not need to do anything. Thank you for checking! If it is not correct, please use one of the two links below to request a change. This change may take some days to be processed.

Am I good to go for the recall?

Thanks Johnnie
k1hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:10 AM   #14
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1hog View Post
Am I good to go for the recall?