Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2021, 07:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-in-Mich View Post
I put Thorley TriY headers on mine.
2X for Thorley TriYs.

They make two types for the same motor. One is for trucks, and the other for RVs. Make sure your get the RV ones. You should add spark plug shields and a shield for the starter.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2021, 08:47 PM   #16

I have ordered parts through summit racing and jegs.. and both take returns.. and both had great tech. Dept. Last time I used them, but it's been a while.. also check each manufacturer web site.. and call them.. I love thorly.. headers.. long tubes best.. but they are easily spotted with mirrors the smog cops use.. if black they might miss.. as long as you have smog paperwork should be fine.. oh. While there at the cats.. you could gut them and put back in place.. but you must keep eng top tune to pass sniffer.. I gut all my cats.. Hugh improvement.. but eng must always be kept top tune.. always passed.. but new plugs and wires every 2yrs and checked at independent sniffer shop 50 bucks to check.. before test.. so if one was really into taking great.. care of eng. Which everyone should.. not just good.. you could just pull cats.. take to independent shop and have sniffer done.. see if passes.. then in theory gut cats and put back in place... just an opinion or theory.. but don't pollute.. good luck and keep us posted.. big hp gains 80+ in camshaft, lifters and double roller timing chain.. you will have to change springs.. and big job on rv.. just read about camshaft revision.. whole new world...
Old 08-31-2021, 08:10 AM   #17

one thing i like about my banks headers is they have the ball and socket on the end of the header.i hate dealing with those 3 bolt collector flanges,they always leak.
catmandoo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 11:20 AM   #18

P32 headers

This is what I have found.
Nobody makes an aftermarket header for the P 32 chassis that meets the California Air Resource Board (CARB) requirements.
Some folks say to use a C3500 header. Yes they fit the motor but the CARB EO number is chassis specific and it will not pass smog. And the collectors are different.
New Stock manifolds are pretty much non existent. If you can find them, the price is around $1200 each.

I was able to get my manifolds machined flat and will be reinstalling them today.
Good luck to anyone that crosses the same dreaded exhaust leak that I have had.
Fyrflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 06:09 PM   #19

There is another solution, leave California
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 10:58 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
There is another solution, leave California
True, but I’m still stuck with a rig that you can’t get parts for.
Fyrflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 02:50 PM   #21

If you get out of California you don't need Carb# and can get someone to custom fab a set of headers.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, p32