Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2008, 12:30 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TandW:
Bear in mind that the poll may be skewed by having a former owner and a later owner reporting on the same chassis!! Good luck with your poll OEHMY!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there a way to use VINs to track this problem a little closer? Especially if there are duplicate owners of the same chassis?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #16

Hope you dont mind a Ford owners input here.Just curious if towing a toad without tow brakes have an impact on a brake warranty. And are you worried about former owners,disgruntled owners muddling your pole?

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Old 09-04-2008, 02:15 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
What if you started the poll by asking the question of "what is your year and chassis" first before asking if you had any brake problems. Then, as it reads now, if you answered "No", the rest of the poll would not apply and it might make it a little clearer as to what/how many, did or didn't have problems.???

Pat
FMCA 212171
Old 09-04-2008, 03:04 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
I made the following changes:

Added - Were you towing
Added - Did you have Aux braking
Added - Which brake got rebuilt if a partial rebuild.

I think this is the end... The poll is getting to big and nobody will want to take it.

Agreed it will be skewed for any number of reasons. It's not scientific.

The instructions will say... If you answer no to the first question do answer any more.

I probably will set it up late tonight or early tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Does a 06 W22 have the bell crank zerk fitting already installed? Are the brakes in 06 better than earlier years on a W22
Old 09-04-2008, 04:19 PM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I learned a long time ago You either LEAD, FOLLOW or GET OUT OF THE WAY. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also: Unless you're the lead dog, the view doesn't change much.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Old 09-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dale, I knew sonner or later you would have to step up. Thanks again
for all your time and effort.
May I say that sence alot of us has had more than one failure,
I have had 2 and have read some has as many a 4 failures.
Do I answer the questions on the first failure or the second one?
Could I take the poll for each of my failures?
With my second failure I had added the brake zerk, flushed the
brakes twice, had the pins lubed and paid for it out of my pocket!
Not trying to be difficult, just trying to be as accurate as we
can be. Tenn.........
Old 09-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #22

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dale, at least put the P-32 in the poll too. Even tho we have'nt heard of problems with it, somebody said his P-32 burnt to the ground because of the left front brake
Denver, Colorado
Old 09-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #23

2 Failures... 1 entry

Just mark the number of failure in the appropriate question.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by abarkl:
That will probably be the final outcome (ruling) by Workhorse; It's a Coach Builder mistake! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Abarkl, OK So let's take a worthwhile project and turn into a "farce". You are kidding - right?

The question was asked if the coach builder should be included in the poll and I would say it has no bearing so - "No"

I will say this up front that I am not comfortable with this poll or posting this message. If you guys want to turn this into a mockery or witch hunt this thread just isn't going to work.

Once the poll is formulated and finalized the poll should be posted in a new thread. The only thing that will be allowed in the thread is poll data itself. Please -- "no follow discussions" in the poll nor will any be retained. If you need to discuss the poll results please open a follow on thread. The situations that we are already seeing with people asking if they can poll multiple times will taint the results. The questions in the poll will not be able to address every aspect of a person's brake service experience so there will always be variables. Once you have participated in the poll, your machine will leave a cookie on iRV2 and it may not allow you to redo or add additional data to the poll.

If you want to do this - please do so professionally and with purpose or the data will be meaningless.

Writing as an iRV2 administrator, Workhorse has sponsored this site for 6 years and I believe that we need them to continue sponsoring this forum going forward.

My thoughts regarding this process are not limited to Workhorse but also extend to "any" OEM, supplier or service that may be listed as a topic of discussion on iRV2.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 09-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by max49:
... somebody said his P-32 burnt to the ground because of the left front brake </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Max, That is here say and it's not admissible as valid poll data.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 09-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #26

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I hope it did'nt happen, because I did'nt think the P had this problem, but I do hope they include the P-32 in the chassis choices
Denver, Colorado
Old 09-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #27

I have to agree with Mike... Let's not turn this into a witch hunt.

There is already a quetsion on number of problems. So, it stays as is.

When I get the poll started I will have this thread closed and the poll thread will be only for discussion of the poll results. I ask that the poll be closed and/or deleted if this gets out of hand.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:34 PM   #28

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I did'nt mention the fire thing to be nasty but I just the read the thread today that was posted yesterday. It was a 1995 P-32.
But I would like to see the P-32 included in the poll, and hopefuly, we can see if this chassis seems to have the same problem or not..
I would be one with NO probems in 3 years and 20,000 miles. well, except for the autopark brake.
I'm gonna get my BBQ dinner one of these days.
Denver, Colorado
Closed Thread