Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2018, 06:15 PM   #1

Reduced engine power

I am having a nightmare problem with reduced engine power in a 2002 w22 I have read everything from the TAC to the foot pedal sensor I have replaced both and still have the problem I have read about the grounds does anybody have any experience with what is going on
Limping mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2018, 06:44 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
When is the last time the fuel filter was changed?
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:46 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check engine light on? Any codes?

Mike
Old 11-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #4

I changed it a couple months ago I definitely know it's not a fuel problem it's low data with a p1518 code
Old 11-13-2018, 07:15 PM   #5

It seems to only do it when it is cold outside on first startup reduced engine light comes on no foot pedal can let it warm for 30 minutes shut it off restart it everything's fine but lately it's been doing it going down the road 50 60 miles an hour in the pedal goes bad light comes on I have to stop restart take off again
Old 11-13-2018, 07:33 PM   #6

It's time to take the MH to a shop which has a computer scan tool capable of reading data. Preferably one with graphing capabilities.
It would be beneficial if someone rode along with you holding the scanner and read it when the engine acted up. They could enter "freeze frame" mode and record the event for review later and print it off comparing the data screen at the same time.
Lynn
Old 11-13-2018, 07:35 PM   #7

I had a similar problem - off and on for several years - stalled on I-95 several times during the heat of the summer - ultimately replaced the fuel pump in the tank (not cheap) but NO more stalls or limp modes --

I understand your frustration and safety concerns !!
zorro2kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limping mode View Post
I am having a nightmare problem with reduced engine power in a 2002 w22 I have read everything from the TAC to the foot pedal sensor I have replaced both and still have the problem I have read about the grounds does anybody have any experience with what is going on
Check fuse box in engine compartment there is a fuse dk t remember which but 3 letters maybe ecm if that fuse is blown or removed engine will run in reduced power
Cacique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:47 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
https://www.autocodes.com/p1518_chevrolet.html

Sounds like the TAC module may be going out.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:11 AM   #10

That's the one I'm getting ready to replace I'm hoping that's what it is it should be here tomorrow
Old 11-14-2018, 06:35 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
That's the one I'm getting ready to replace I'm hoping that's what it is it should be here tomorrow
Tomorow I will take a picture of the fuse i mentioned if you remove it this message appears on the cluster
Cacique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacique View Post
Tomorow I will take a picture of the fuse i mentioned if you remove it this message appears on the cluster
I had a loose fuse. One of the legs of the fuse wasn't making contact all the time. This one was only for the ABS self test, so I didn't give it much attention until I found the fuse. My point is your problem, if electrical power supply based is that it might have a good fuse with a bad fuse connection. Just another thing to eliminate in your trouble shooting process.

Stan
Old 11-14-2018, 08:43 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
You said in your OP that you already replaced the TAC module, so are you replacing it again?

Also agree with other about getting a Tech 2 scanner on it.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:45 AM   #14

Replacing Tac today if it shows up but I'm doubting it's the problem everything I'm reading is about a short somewhere like that your guys are talking about around the fuse box

Tags
engine, power, w22, workhorse