Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Service Manual 2005 Workhorse W-22 Gas

Does anyone have a service manual for a 2005 Workhorse W series? I desperately need a wiring schematic for Autobrake pump. Pump will not operate but will run if connected directly to battery. Need to trace down the problem.
Stuck on the road.
WileyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileyJack View Post
Does anyone have a service manual for a 2005 Workhorse W series? I desperately need a wiring schematic for Autobrake pump. Pump will not operate but will run if connected directly to battery. Need to trace down the problem.
Stuck on the road.
I'm assuming you have a W-24 with the J72 AAPB. The W-22 didn't have an AAPB release pump-it only had a foot-applied PB.

If so, try to get a copy of the 2009 Chassis Guide. Beginning on page 175, there is an extensive explanation of the J72 system and a wiring detail, too. Unfortunately, the .PDF file I have won't allow me to copy and paste, and it is too big to be emailed as an attachment.

IF you have a P32 with the J71 AAPB, then contact Roger via email to: oldusedbear11@charter.net
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
I'm assuming you have a W-24 with the J72 AAPB. The W-22 didn't have an AAPB release pump-it only had a foot-applied PB.

If so, try to get a copy of the 2009 Chassis Guide. Beginning on page 175, there is an extensive explanation of the J72 system and a wiring detail, too. Unfortunately, the .PDF file I have won't allow me to copy and paste, and it is too big to be emailed as an attachment.

IF you have a P32 with the J71 AAPB, then contact Roger via email to: oldusedbear11@charter.net
I placed the 2009 Chassis Guide in my Dropbox if anyone could use it... click the link to download the pdf. Takes a few seconds with high-speed Internet to download, as it's a 20.33 MB document. -RT

https://db.tt/dtnti6WD
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:35 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
Quote:
....... try to get a copy of the 2009 Chassis Guide. Beginning on page 175, there is an extensive explanation of the J72 system and a wiring detail, too. Unfortunately, the .PDF file I have won't allow me to copy and paste, and it is too big to be emailed as an attachment.
Ed, there is a simple way to get selected pages from a big PDF file. Open the file and note the page numbers you want copied out. Then use the standard Print function and select PDF print driver to print only those pages. I've used PDF995, a free print driver for 10 or 12 years, you'll get one ad as a popup window, you have to close out. But the new file you create will look exactly like the original. I use CNET as a trusted source for "free" downloads so I know I'm not picking ups some unwanted trojan horse virus embedded in the driver.

I have the 1999-2005 Service Manual CD with 2004-2005 Wiring Schematics. I have provided selected pages to fellow members.

Which pages does WilleyJack need? I can generate the pdf and post to my website and provide a link in this thread for members to download.

Happy Travels,
Bill
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duner View Post
Ed, there is a simple way to get selected pages from a big PDF file. .........
Which pages does WilleyJack need? I can generate the pdf and post to my website and provide a link in this thread for members to download.

Happy Travels,
Bill
BILL: Thanks for your offer! I think pages 175 thru 178 (inclusive) contain the J72 AAPB info that might be helpful to the OP. These page numbers are from the 2009 Chassis Guide.

I'll try your suggestion about getting the individual pages to print, but I need a way to email (or post) them. Are you saying just a few pages can be saved as a SMALLER file, which could then be attached to an email???
Old 06-25-2014, 06:14 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
BILL: Thanks for your offer! I think pages 175 thru 178 (inclusive) contain the J72 AAPB info that might be helpful to the OP. These page numbers are from the 2009 Chassis Guide.

I'll try your suggestion about getting the individual pages to print, but I need a way to email (or post) them. Are you saying just a few pages can be saved as a SMALLER file, which could then be attached to an email???
I have the 2009 Service Guide pdf file on my computer. But WH must have published this with some protection, since I get an error when printing out those pages.

I went to the 8000+ page humongous CD Service Guide and was able to get the 2003 P32 Auto Park schematics. I printed out pages 1318-1326 and got a 139K pdf file size for 9 pages.....easily email-able.

So it works fine if the publisher has not created the pdf with some restrictions.

Bill
Old 06-25-2014, 08:02 PM   #7

Quote:
I have the 2009 Service Guide pdf file on my computer. But WH must have published this with some protection, since I get an error when printing out those pages.

I went to the 8000+ page humongous CD Service Guide and was able to get the 2003 P32 Auto Park schematics. I printed out pages 1318-1326 and got a 139K pdf file size for 9 pages.....easily email-able.

So it works fine if the publisher has not created the pdf with some restrictions.

Bill
Bill: can you find anything about the J72 AAPB used on the W-24 and the 2005 P32 on that CD? I think that is the info the OP is seeking. The 2003 P32 would have had the J71 AAPB.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:04 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WileyJack View Post
Stuck on the road.
WileyJack,
Here's a link to a pdf file I created that is the 7 pages related to the J72 AAPB including the schematics.

J72 AAPB Service Manual

Good luck,
Bill
Old 06-26-2014, 05:30 AM   #9

Quote:
WileyJack,
Here's a link to a pdf file I created that is the 7 pages related to the J72 AAPB including the schematics.

J72 AAPB Service Manual

Good luck,
Bill
Great job, BILL . THANKS, I hope the OP sees it.

When I open it via your link, I can scroll thru the pages, but can only save it as a PICTURE. What am I doing wrong?
Old 06-26-2014, 07:04 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
edgray, lets see if I can walk you thru it:

1) When you first open file from link look in the upper left for the print button.
2) Hit print button - then cancel - I know it sounds strange!
3) On right side of document hit the download button (see attached pix)
4) Hit the save file radio button to save it.

Then you have it

This was done in Firefox.
I have it saved - if you would like it let me know.

Jim
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2014, 07:54 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Great job, BILL . THANKS, I hope the OP sees it.

When I open it via your link, I can scroll thru the pages, but can only save it as a PICTURE. What am I doing wrong?
Ya Ed, I see what you mean, it doesn't open as a pdf any more.

Excuse me while I rant here for a moment .....

I've been using Google Sites as my web page for over 6 yrs. I have many pdf's uploaded there but now Google has integrated Sites into Drive (Google's 'Cloud') and they convert the pdf into html format. I think that started last year.

Google has screwed up Picasa too, where I have all my photo albums. In a similar way by integrating it with Google+. I used to be able to send out a link to my photos in a full screen slide show. Now the link displays all the photos in a patchwork with the captions in a small font off to the side that a lot of folks miss all together.

Google Maps was "upgraded" last year and today they still don't have all the features put back. But at least they let you go back to old maps. Google Voice Navigation really went backwards on the Android phones and they won't let you go back.

Darn, they have a way to break something that isn't broke!!!!

I am now looking for a new way to store files that can be upload/download for sharing. I have Dropbox account but I think it makes everybody register first. Open for suggestions from our members. Maybe I'll open a new thread in iRV2 Technology forum see what the brain trust has to suggest.

End of rant,
Bill
Old 06-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Update: Thanks to all who sent requested info on my J72 autobrake. Gave all info, including schematic to my "large truck" service mechanic. Soon found that he had not a clue regarding autobrake. He first disassembled the brake assembly and determined that I needed a new one at a cost of $2300. This is when he requested a schematic and then said he did not have time to trace down electrical problem. After spending two weeks, I finally found that MH could be driven with brake new brake assembly removed. Paid $3200. and drove 150 miles to Byron Mid-state RV, a Workhorse certified facility. It now appears that the only problem was a bad pump motor (located under the hood) and there was no reason to disassemble the brake assembly. Still waiting for final diagnosis after 5 more days. Summer east coast trip to Main has now been cancelled. My advise to workhorse owners is DEAL WITH ONLY WORKHORSE CERTIFIED repair facilities.
WileyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Ya Ed, I see what you mean, it doesn't open as a pdf any more.
For anyone that would like the entire pdf file that can be saved on your computer, see my post above, #3. I've verified that it opens properly. -RT

EDIT: Here's a link to the 2005 Chassis Guide, which isn't as many pages long compared to the 2009 manual, along with a few other Workhorse Custom Chassis documents that I have available.)

Link to 2005 Workhorse Custom Chassis Guide. (135 pages)
https://db.tt/kFnEIcV8

Link to 2009 Workhorse Chassis Guide. (232 pages)
https://db.tt/gN8eKmk0

Link to 2005 Workhorse Custom Chassis Owner's Manual (391 pages)
https://db.tt/35O8qNsH

Link to Workhorse Gas Chassis RV Maintenance Schedule Program (1 page)
https://db.tt/yjNIJikC

Link to Actia Service Manual (33 pages)
https://db.tt/ZwI0GdND
Old 07-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTegarini View Post

EDIT: Post editing time expired, so I had to add a second post to add another link/document.

Link to 2005 Workhorse Custom Chassis Guide. (135 pages)
https://db.tt/kFnEIcV8

Link to 2009 Workhorse Custom Chassis Guide. (232 pages)
https://db.tt/gN8eKmk0

Link to 2005 Workhorse Custom Chassis Owner's Manual (391 pages)
https://db.tt/35O8qNsH

Link to Workhorse Gas Chassis RV Maintenance Schedule Program (1 page)
https://db.tt/yjNIJikC

Link to Actia Service Manual (33 pages)
https://db.tt/ZwI0GdND

Link to Allison Fluid and Filter Change Recommendations (5 pages)
https://db.tt/uMp30AOe

Tags
gas, manual, service, workhorse