Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2005, 04:59 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I received ACTIA recall from WCC like so many others and decided to make appointment 2 weeks in advance at Fletcher Chevy in Fletcher, NC. I had previously been there for AC work and it is a 2 1/2 hour drive. Prior to this appointment I had asked to have front shox ordered for replacement in warranty and I had given them weights of rV and they ordered them.When I made appointment for recall I asked service Manager if he had the necessary equipment to do the programming and was told he did so I made appointment.
I left a day earlier and stayed overnight so as to be at the dealer early in the morning. When I arrived at Fletcher Chevy the manager did not have me listed and told me that Actia would have to be taken out as they didn't have equipment which he had previuosly said they did. I then asked if he had shox and he said they did. I told him not to do recall but to do shox and fix another minor problem. I was told to drive Rv to Bay door for Rv. In order to position coach to door I had to go back and forth 3 times. When the tech got in to drive coach on to lift he put nothing on white seats and he looked like he had those clothes on for a few days and they needed an oil change. The lift was another story it could only go up about 2' as there was pipes above and any higher they would damage roof. After coach was ready I left and notified WCC about this dealer. They should not be a WCC dealer as they are not prepared to handle RV's nor do they have the room for RV's to manuever.
In closing don't use Fletcher Chevy, Fletcher, North Carolina.
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2005, 04:59 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I received ACTIA recall from WCC like so many others and decided to make appointment 2 weeks in advance at Fletcher Chevy in Fletcher, NC. I had previously been there for AC work and it is a 2 1/2 hour drive. Prior to this appointment I had asked to have front shox ordered for replacement in warranty and I had given them weights of rV and they ordered them.When I made appointment for recall I asked service Manager if he had the necessary equipment to do the programming and was told he did so I made appointment.
I left a day earlier and stayed overnight so as to be at the dealer early in the morning. When I arrived at Fletcher Chevy the manager did not have me listed and told me that Actia would have to be taken out as they didn't have equipment which he had previuosly said they did. I then asked if he had shox and he said they did. I told him not to do recall but to do shox and fix another minor problem. I was told to drive Rv to Bay door for Rv. In order to position coach to door I had to go back and forth 3 times. When the tech got in to drive coach on to lift he put nothing on white seats and he looked like he had those clothes on for a few days and they needed an oil change. The lift was another story it could only go up about 2' as there was pipes above and any higher they would damage roof. After coach was ready I left and notified WCC about this dealer. They should not be a WCC dealer as they are not prepared to handle RV's nor do they have the room for RV's to manuever.
In closing don't use Fletcher Chevy, Fletcher, North Carolina.
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 06:23 PM   #3

I haven't had much luck there either. I had a coolant leak and they replaced my water pump. They gave me a call and said my coach was ready and after going only about 3 miles from their shop, my motorhome was overheating! Took it back and they said there was a vapor lock. On the next trip, I also got my front shocks replaced under warranty. They called and said my motorhome was ready for pick up. On the way home, I kept on hearing a clunking sound. I took it back to their shop and the manager told me that the tech had stripped out a bolt on the shock and they replaced it, but only after I complained. Same situation about the grease marks on the inside of my biege leather seats. Unfortunately, my coach is now sitting there now with a couple of other coaches waiting for the instument panel recall to be fixed. The other 2 coaches have been waiting for 2 weeks for the clusters to come back from Workhorse, according to the service manager.

Workhorse W20 19.5 tires
Garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 12:58 PM   #4

I took my MH there for an oil change just to see what it was like. They seemed to do the oil change alright, but I was definitely not impressed with their facility. I take my MH for any real work to Simpsonville Chevrolet, in Simplsonville, SC, just southeast of Greenville of of I-385.

05 Allegro Bay with Workhorse
golferdhm is offline   Reply With Quote