Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2018, 05:59 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
I get a harsh bang going over anything, expansion joints, bridge approaches, broken pavement. Do you think they would soften the blows?
I have installed Konis and have lowered my tire pressures per the charts.
But I'm running G load range tires instead of the factory F load range Michelins.

I am not sure how much it was reduced. On smaller stuff it was, but unfortunately we don’t have many small bumps. Seems the roads are either smooth or rough. As soon as I finish my refrigerator I plan to take it out for a ride to heat the differential so I can change the fluid. Will get a fresher take on things then. But the cost of the fronts wasn’t much so for you they might be worth a try.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2018, 06:27 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
It’s the bad pavement joints that would cause me to put them on the front it it was a big difference not just a little better.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:01 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
It’s the bad pavement joints that would cause me to put them on the front it it was a big difference not just a little better.

Should have read “if it was a big difference not just a little better” In our last two longer summer trips some of the highways have been awful at times.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:56 AM   #32

I haven’t driven anything like that since putting them on. Rather, many of the bad roads around here are a bit like drive no on a bad dirt road.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:47 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ordered the front and the rear today. Was gonna try and do a video of the install. Was wondering if anyone would be interested in that.
poorfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 05:35 AM   #34

I think a lot of guys would be interested and it makes good future reference as well.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:45 AM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
I think a lot of guys would be interested and it makes good future reference as well.

I will definitely try it. Right now we are finishing out fall crop and it looks like hurricane florence is gonna threatin us next week! Ugh i will keep you all posted but definitely plan on doing the video[emoji106]
poorfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:05 AM   #36

I have been fearful of a hurricane this year as the water is unusually warm off our coast (Rhode Island). Good luck.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:29 PM   #37

I'm thinking of removing those yellow Workhorse bump stops and taking a test drive to see if they are contributing to my harsh ride.
If it smooths out some, then I would definitely consider Sumo Springs on the front.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:05 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I'm thinking of removing those yellow Workhorse bump stops and taking a test drive to see if they are contributing to my harsh ride.
If it smooths out some, then I would definitely consider Sumo Springs on the front.

Are you bottoming out that far that they hit?
I think those are a limiter too so it won’t travel beyond a safe distance?
Old 09-08-2018, 08:40 PM   #39

My front Sumo Springs are in contact unlike the bump stops.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:00 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Are you bottoming out that far that they hit?
I think those are a limiter too so it won’t travel beyond a safe distance?
I don't plan on maxing them out, just an easy drive over some bumps and expansion joints to get a feel of what they are doing to my ride.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:04 PM   #41

Well, I'm stymied. I got the passenger side yellow bump stop off no problem. Then I tried to get to the nut on the driver's side.

I don't know how you guys did it, but I have metal lines (brake?) running through the frame there and are totally in the way. I can get the bump stop off, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get the nut back in there and threaded.
So I give up. No Sumo Springs for me.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:57 AM   #42

Quote:
Well, I'm stymied. I got the passenger side yellow bump stop off no problem. Then I tried to get to the nut on the driver's side.

I don't know how you guys did it, but I have metal lines (brake?) running through the frame there and are totally in the way. I can get the bump stop off, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get the nut back in there and threaded.
So I give up. No Sumo Springs for me.

Mine were too. I could get the socket on and loosened the bump stop. Once loose, spin the bump stop. Putting the new one in, I used a Kelly clamp to hold the nut and spun the Sumo to install.

Can you get a socket on the bump stop?

Tags
shocks, koni