Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2019, 11:48 AM   #1

Trac bar

I just ordered the blue ox tt2601 Trac bar for my 2003 w22 workhorse from Amazon. Listed good.

I just went to the blue ox site and downloaded the install instructions and it says 2004-2011. Hum...did I make a mistake? Calling the blue ox number only gets you telemarking.

Does anyone know I’d this will work or do I have to return it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2019, 04:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peep99 View Post
I just ordered the blue ox tt2601 Trac bar for my 2003 w22 workhorse from Amazon. Listed good.

I just went to the blue ox site and downloaded the install instructions and it says 2004-2011. Hum...did I make a mistake? Calling the blue ox number only gets you telemarking.

Does anyone know I’d this will work or do I have to return it.
All I can tell you is the other manufacturers of W-22 rear track bars do not have a model year restriction, in other words if it's a W-22 it fits. My guess is Blue Ox will be the same as the other manufacturers.
Tom
MoCoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:07 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Should fit. Some manufactures used to specify rear or side exit of exhaust.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:21 PM   #4

Sometime in 2004 Workhorse changed the rear lower shock mounts. I don't THINK it affects trac bars, but it does affect rear anti-sway bars. Best to check with Blue Ox though as I seem to remember that there were also two styles of differential housings, and that would affect trac bars.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:21 PM   #5

Thanks everyone. I will give it a try. Found a different site that said all years. Finally got thru to blue ox and they said they only tested it on 2004-11 then stopped making. But might work. Wort a try at the discount.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:35 PM   #6

I'm pretty sure all the trac bars are basically the same design, no matter which brand you get. Brazel's is a good source as they are competitive with their prices and very knowledgeable. Mine is a Blue Ox and came from Brazel's as they were out of their own Ultra Trac brand at the time. I think the paint color was the only difference.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:51 PM   #7

I realize this is a late reply. However, last year I found a Blue Ox rear track bar on Amazon Prime for $150.00! Now, I'd been trying to get one for some time, but the price was around $500.00. I called Blue Ox with the part number of the part listed and was told it wouldn't fit. My thought was, for $150.00 take a chance and buy it. If it doesn't fit I could sell it on eBay. Well, I bought it online, then immediately checked the price again... $$520.00. Apparently, there was a glitch in the pricing, but the sale price was honored. Anyway, I got the part and it came with full instructions and two mounting arms for the diff mount. Well, after one hour installation and one year of driving, everything is still going strong. "Live right, help a child and don't kick a dog."
PapaBobby is offline   Reply With Quote