Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2021, 10:12 AM   #1

Trading vs selling a Workhorse rear engine gasser

Hi,

I have only ever had one MH in the past and we traded it against our 2008 Itasca Latitude rear engine gasser as we got offered a decent trade price (dealer has a buyerr ready for ours).

We will be changing our coach in the coming 18 months and trying to figure out if it's best to try selling privately or trading it in.

Can anyone who has sold or traded in a Workhorse lately offer any advice.

Should I be concerned that the chassis is an orphan? Could this causes issues for potential buyers?

Thanks,

Stephen
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2021, 11:01 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I would just treat it like any other coach, try to sell it privately for the best return, and trade it in if you have to. I wouldn't waste any thought about the type of coach because it is what it is - some will like it, some wont. But someone looking for one will be thrilled. Its unique, so a niche market, but that's not a bad thing, not something to worry about. Potential buyers are responsible for their own knowledge, experience, and decisions. Your job is just to present it as best you can and get the most out of it. Id list it in RVT and RVTrader and maybe FB market place. Craigslist could yield some decent results but only after you sift through all the junk replies that come with that territory.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:15 AM   #3

It costs nothing to list it here on iRV2 classifieds, and I would test the waters there before paying to list it anywhere else.
edgray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 11:25 AM   #4

I agree with R. Wold's post. I know I always liked the idea of the UFO chassis and would have bought one if I had of found one good shape while looking. Actually I only ever saw one for sale anywhere close to me and it sold pretty quick. Now that I have a diesel I don't think I could go back to a gasser.
Maybe get an idea from a dealer what they would give you on trade and decide from there if you want to go through the hassle of selling it privately.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:38 AM   #5

Thanks guys,

I appreciate the advice.

Good idea to test the waters on here. I did speak to a dealer I know and he said to consider a consignment to get a lot of boots on the ground in to it. I checked Nada and I was very surprised in a good way by what the low retail price is

I won't be doing anything with it until I have the cash for my new one lined up (that's still a bit away).

So try to sell it first and then trade it of no luck.

Thanks,

Tags
engine, gas, rear, sell, workhorse