Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Two new ones

Now that I have your attention, I have two new blog entries posted on the hard to find blogs here on IRV2.com. You can get to them by clicking on blog entry number (currently the red 6) on my avatar.

Here is one of em:

Rules for Owning a Motorcoach

Rule 4: Owning a motor coach is a never-ending learning experience -- continued.

Well, I had so much fun coming up with a list of things that I have learned over the five years that my wife and I have been motorhoming, I figured why not write down a few more? So here goes:

I have learned that men need a precise set of directions when parking the coach.
And women know just how to give them. For example:

“I SAID STOP! STOP! DON’T YOU KNOW WHAT STOP MEANS?”
“DON’T BACK UP, YOU WILL HIT IT AGAIN!”
“NO, NO, YOUR OTHER RIGHT!”
“JUST LOOK AT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE NOW!”

It’s always the other person’s fault when you miss your exit or hit a tree.

The people camping next to you will find out first that you forgot to shut your black tank valve.

My grandkids think the term “stinky slinky” is really funny.

My wife doesn’t like the way our all-in-one washer-dryer ties HER underwear into knots.
A small speed bump can throw dishes around the coach. A big speed bump throws the dog around the coach.

Old tube socks make great bottle savers; just make sure they are clean. I’m talking about the socks.

Don’t drive on the zipper, it’s scary and you may lose a lug nut cap.

While going down the road, I don’t like hearing, “What the heck was that noise!?” even when I am the one saying it.

If Wal-Mart doesn’t have it, I must not need it.

It burns me when the RV spots at Cracker Barrel have a car parked in them.

It burns me even more when the RV spots at Camping World have a car parked in them.

Sometimes when driving under an overpass, I get the urge to duck!

My wife will not let me stop at South of the Border and buy anything.

It’s been over a year since we purchased our coach and I am still finding loose screws floating around inside.

If you don’t pack up your patio the night before you leave, it will rain.

Quick disconnects are great on the water hoses except when you forget to turn off the water before disconnecting.

I have learned that:
Before pulling out of a campground, if your generator is off and your roof air is running, you may have forgotten to do something.

I have a very tough shore power surge protector. How do I know? Because I dragged it down the road once and it still works great!

I believe that some interiors of motor coaches were designed by people who smoke something more than just tobacco.

At some point during a long trip I will bang my head on a slideout. It's going to happen, I might as well get used to it.

The dash AC is always too cold for the pilot and not cold enough for the copilot, or vice versa.

Most coaches have the dash radio positioned where no one can easily read it or adjust it (without falling out of your seat).

I would rather be out in my coach than take a cruise or a trip to Europe. That’s good, because I own a motorhome and can’t afford to take a cruise or a trip to Europe.

A bad day motorhoming beats a day at home in bed with a kidney stone (I had one of those two weeks ago).

Fuel is always too expensive no matter what the price per gallon.

A Ham and cheese sandwich in my motor coach at a rest stop on the way to somewhere tastes better than it does at home.

I have learned that when I am home (in the stick house) I am always counting the days until I am on the road again with my beautiful wife and the pup.

Feel free to comment and add to this list of "learned" things.

Oh, Remember Rule Number 1!
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Gramps---

Cindy and I love your rules .

Kinda like the rules of Poker--

Rule #1
Never play a losing hand.

Rule#2
Never fold a winning hand.

Rule #3
Never raise with a losing hand.

Etc, Etc Ha, Ha.