Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
UFO (R26 Chassis) BBCC Location

Does anyone know if the Body Builder Convenience Center is an actual box on the chassis or is it just a wire loom coming from the Forward Communications Center Module?

During the last trip out I had an alarm come up that said there was a fuse failure in the Forward Communications Center Module. The failed fuse was a 30 amp maxi in the FCCM. The message says it feeds the AUX ACC2 switched 30 amp supply.

Not having much to go on I purchased the R26 schematics from UltraRVProducts and it is the best $20 I have ever spent. Great drawings to have.

One of the drawings is for the Chassis Convenience Center which would make on believe it is a box of some type. Have looked high and low and have found nothing, therefore the purpose of the question.

Have contacted Monaco and they sent an interface drawing but I do not believe it is for the R26 chassis rather a W series. Called back and the advisor said they did not build many of the R26 units and the drawings were hard to come by with respect to chassis interface. The house drawings are easy to come by as they mirror other Monaco installations.

If anyone knows the answer to this mystery I would appreciate the help.

Best regards

Ron LaRue

UFO Chassis
Lash is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #2

HI Ron!
Since you are a paying customer of theirs, may I suggest you call Jon Brazel to see if he can help. 360-736-9494 Sorry I can't be more helpful. Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:48 PM   #3

yes you are right beast 20$ ever on my side was well

the Forward Communications Center Module and rear are made for the chassis its self and are in your wiring dy

you have 2 of them and look the same but there is a rear and forward unit

in the pic unit on the right is the module for the rear but it looks the same for the one you looking for there is a cover that you can pull off the unit to see the fuse

humm page sheet #013 page 1 of 1 shows
WCC harness connector C341 i/p pin A2 and your ACC 2 output that is coming form the front CCM J8-A what shows as fuse 8 and its a 20 amp

so that would be under the cover next to the LEDs F8 in the pic next to LED LB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UFO_2303_ECM.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	69209   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140727_165017.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	479.6 KB
ID:	69210  

terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:24 PM   #4

after looking and looking i think i found where the Forward Communications Center Module is looks like under the dash i can .. i think i can see the plug for it

look at pic where the lower left chain is going .. the plug facing down looks like it i can see what looks like a 80pin TCM plug facing down
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	UFO_2310_Cockpit_XGA.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	69213   Click image for larger version

Name:	UFO_2310_Cockpit_XGA2.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	69214  

Old 07-27-2014, 04:56 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Terry;
I have since looked at the dwgs and have found there is 2 in plug in the FCCM that feeds the ABS solenoid valve and the Aux relay that has the blown fuse. By hand walking the wire I found it goes back behind the shift panel and then it most likely goes down to the big distribution panel Monaco puts in first compartment outside. I did find the C340 and C341 plugs where most of the BBCC. The fuse indicator which shows lit on my FCCM is F2 and is a 30 amp. Tomorrow will pull the plug off J5 on the FCCM reinstall fuse to see if it blows again. Should isolate to coach issue or FCCM issue

Ed---will give Mr. Brazel a call if I really get stumped.

Thanks to both of you for the quick response

UFO Chassis
Old 07-27-2014, 06:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post
Terry;
I have since looked at the dwgs and have found there is 2 in plug in the FCCM that feeds the ABS solenoid valve and the Aux relay that has the blown fuse. By hand walking the wire I found it goes back behind the shift panel and then it most likely goes down to the big distribution panel Monaco puts in first compartment outside. I did find the C340 and C341 plugs where most of the BBCC. The fuse indicator which shows lit on my FCCM is F2 and is a 30 amp. Tomorrow will pull the plug off J5 on the FCCM reinstall fuse to see if it blows again. Should isolate to coach issue or FCCM issue

Ed---will give Mr. Brazel a call if I really get stumped.

Thanks to both of you for the quick response

i could be looking at a def year dy as well i am looking at a 2006/07

if it is a FCCM issue i seen some on ebay at one time for around 250$ or so .. both of them

i do not own a UFO so i do not have a RV i could just walk out to and help i only have the dy as well

so we are running down wire 1243 YEL size 3.0

so there going from the battery lug right there at your FCCM in to the 2 pin J5 pin B and in to the relay on FCCM then back out that same plug J5 out to power the load

ok i now see that wire running from a 2 pin plug J5 C314 to a 15 pin C314 I/P pin C3 and then running out of C340 I/P and out to the ABS like you said

are we looking at a bad ABS unit i know there was some talk about them going bad on this unit

if it is not i would find away to pull some of the load off this line
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	018.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	69218   Click image for larger version

Name:	022.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	362.9 KB
ID:	69219  

Name:	056.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	382.9 KB
ID:	69220  
Old 07-28-2014, 07:00 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Terry;

You are correct that it is wire 1243 which feeds some type of aux relay in the coach. Will hand walk it back and see if I can find what it feeds in the coach panel. Will let you know what I find.

At first I thought it may be an ABS issue but the fuse which is blown does not feed the ABS solenoid based on Workhorse drawing. It is the other wire from the same plug which feeds the coach builders aux relay for 30 amp switched 12volt supply from FCCM. Could be anything.

UFO Chassis
Old 07-30-2014, 09:49 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As a followup to this thread, I have found the following:

The BBCC is actually not a box at all. Workhorse has two large plugs C340 and C341 which are actually the Builders Box Convenience Center. These two large plugs are located under the dash area by the steering column. Workhorse brings their wires to these two plugs from the FCCM and the coach builder wires to the other side of the plug. Took me a while to figure that out.

The auxillary relay 30 amp switched wire in question 1243 actually feeds the A/C clutch assembly relay in a Holiday Rambler UFO for the forward A/C controls. Would guess the same is true for the Monaco LaPalma. All 14 of the ones Monaco built.

I actually disconnected all the batteries in coach and chassis and followed the wire back from the FCCM by resistance checking each and every feed to the Coach panel in forward compartment under drivers seat and found that wire 1243 does not go there. I then rummaged around the dash area and stumbled on the A/C switched relay and found wire 1243 went there. Removed the relay and tested electrically and fuse did not blow, therefore something is wrong with A/C clutch or compressor. There goes a few bottles of bourbon out the window with cost of repairs

One thing for sure RVing keeps you humble.

Regards

UFO Chassis
Old 07-30-2014, 10:12 AM   #9

well that makes me under stand why they only showed one side of the C340 and C341

so now is the compressor lock up or a bad clutch

if its just a clutch that is not a hard fix and the pump dos not have to come off

or wiring to the clutch

can you turn the compressor by hand
Old 07-30-2014, 07:11 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Terry;

Something I am not in the mood to tackle so have made an appt with local RV repair place and let them tell me what is wrong.

Thanks so much for all the help and wish you well.

Best regards

Ron

UFO Chassis

Tags
cat, chassis, ufo