Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2018, 12:38 PM   #29

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Update.. Beware of your coverage...

OK here I sit still waiting on National General Insurance, Well there value was low so was told I could get a third party Appraisal simple enough at 750.00 well get appraisal done of course way over what they presented call to see how payout was going then I'm told now they are going to get another appraisal and then the two appraisals are fought over and if not agreed upon then someone else decides in meantime I'm making payments on motorhome setting in salvage yard since Bank of the West doesn't care one way or the other.

That is not the funniest part at one point I decided well might as well get a replacement as it would pay 101,000.00 towards new one as we had replacement coverage, our appraisal was 85,000.00 so you see the thing here they are willing to pay out 101,000.00 but want settle for 85,000.00 and you wonder why your insurance is so high lets say they did this several hundred times a year payed out 15,000.00 more than they need to. When asked about this the short answer was well that is the kinda insurance you have.
gresults is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2018, 02:41 PM   #30

Make sure any new appraisal is based on market conditions at time of loss, not conditions now, over 6 months later. Value of coaches go down over time and yours is approaching that 10 year point when they start to drop even faster.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #31

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Actually the Insurance Companies appraisal company did that on his own I was very impressed, he came in at 83,500.00 which I'm more than content with.. and is about what I felt it was worth and basically told the National General up front.

So here I am several months into this getting what I felt it was worth in the first place just like I waited around for months telling them it was a total loss.

Lesson learned never take the amount the insurance company gives you for valuation.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:00 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gresults View Post
Actually the Insurance Companies appraisal company did that on his own I was very impressed, he came in at 83,500.00 which I'm more than content with.. and is about what I felt it was worth and basically told the National General up front.

So here I am several months into this getting what I felt it was worth in the first place just like I waited around for months telling them it was a total loss.

Lesson learned never take the amount the insurance company gives you for valuation.
What did the ins. company appraise it at?

I'd take that $83k and run.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:58 PM   #33

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The insurance initial valuation was 69,000 after I hired a outside appraiser they came in at 87,000.00 and the appraiser the insurance company came up with was 83,500.00 which was acceptable even after this still took me 3 days to convince them to take there own appraisal.

My biggest complaint is if you have National General Insurance on your RV don't expect the process to be simple from the time I filed the claim they refused any input from me fought the repair shop I hired refused for months to believe the motorhome was a loss even after the shop told them there was no way to repair the electrical issues paid for useless repairs that did not need to be done and in the end gave me what I told them it was worth.

Just think about this how many people just accept the value provided by the insurance company and don't get there own appraisal.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:07 AM   #34

Just curious, how or where did you go to find an appraiser.
Good info to know, just in case...
Old 02-11-2018, 06:55 PM   #35

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just did a internet search for RV Appraiser, Mine actually sucked.. There's seemed like he had his stuff together RVEST Appraisal was there's I get a email from the insurance company now where the deducted for prior damage and totally confused on that one so this should be good hear what its about me having to pay towards damage on a totaled RV sold to scrap yard basically.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #36

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Heard back from Insurance on prior damage I had a rubber seal which had pulled away from widow opening been that way for years if not from the time I bought it, they are saying window was broke so now I have to wait on someone to look at a salvaged motor home for a broken window that does not exist and was never asked to be repaired also pointed out to the picture which they sent was it sitting in a lot at repair shop after initial loss report so even if window is now broke it was not noted on initial report.

Tags
ufo