Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2007, 04:40 AM   #29
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Are there any IRV2ers at the SKP's rally in STockton??? Come by and say Hi!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2007, 07:49 AM   #30

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My UltraPower Upgrade, obtained at the 2006 rally has been great. The more miles I have put on seem to make it better. I have virtually no pinging anymore and down shifts 5th to 4th are minimal. The power and torque gain are superb...I notice it mostly when passing a truck or climbing a big mountain and passing the big boys.

Our MPG on our 2230 mile trip to Florida and return was 8.6 pump to pump. I use the Scan Gage and many times on the flat the MPG was steady at 9.8.

I plan to get the "update" in few weeks at Mike's dealer/partner S&S RV in Gettsburg, PA.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:55 AM   #31

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mike will give you a hat if you stop by..and free info on what may ail your coach. Just remember your umbrella.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:49 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Question for Mike, if I unhook and change my starting battery, will I lose my UltraPower programming?
Old 04-22-2007, 04:16 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rickandcheryl:
Question for Mike, if I unhook and change my starting battery, will I lose my Ultrapower programming? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Rather than wait for an answer please allow me to say that the Ultrapower programming is uploaded to the computer as a read only memory type of program very much like uploading a BIOS into a personal computer. You might disconnect the battery for a number of months and the UP will be right there ready to go as it always has. The only thing that will be missing if anything will be what the ECM will learn when its powered up again. It may have to relearn your driving habits and that's about it. Once the UP is in the ECM it'll stay there and there is no loss of power that will change that.

Consider if you will a box stock ECM w/o UP; if you disconnect the power for a number of months and then hook up the battery the motorhome it will start right up. Once the code is "burned" into memory it's going to stay there until or unless it is over written by a subsequent upload.

One of our members lost his program when Allison re-flashed their TCM computer (for the transmission) and then they uploaded the code required in the ECM so it could understand the new code that was uploaded to the TCM. This over wrote the UP. No problem!

Once recognized that this occurred Mike B upload a new UP no charge since the original upload is unconditionally guaranteed for life ... even if it is over written for any reason.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:16 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks DriVer appreciate the answer. Rick
Old 04-23-2007, 08:04 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Will a Ultrapower upgrade ( ECM, plugs & wires ) help a P-32 with a chevy trans? If so what increase in power and mileage are we talking about?
Marty
Old 04-24-2007, 04:26 AM   #36
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Sorry for not getting back to you Rick.Driver has given you a great answer.We've been buried in work here in Stockton & the air card is working slow(frustrating).

Marty,

The UltraPower will work with the 4L85 Transmission,the gain's are similar to the W series with an Allison.We also tweak the transmission program a little on the 4 spds.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:32 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Marty,

The UltraPower will work with the 4L85 Transmission,the gain's are similar to the W series with an Allison.We also tweak the transmission program a little on the 4 spds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mike,
Where can I get this done and how much does it cost?
Marty
Old 04-24-2007, 07:54 AM   #38
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Marty,

We are in Stockton,Ca. right now,but Redlands Rv Performance is probably closer to you.Call me on my cell phone at 541 441 0377
Old 04-24-2007, 10:29 AM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks, Mike
Old 04-24-2007, 05:11 PM   #40

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brazels RV Performance:
Lee did you find the red hat ladies at the show??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha ha ha Nope we never did see them but we did see the clothes setup in the building behind you... We were kinda bummed that the vendors were not set-up yet. Oh well next year we will plan a day during the week. If we are not moved to Tennessee by then.

Mike again thanks again for helping us. I did run into a few people there that were VERY happy with their Ultrapower.

And thanks for the "HAT"
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:54 PM   #41

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Just a quick update..

I have been on the road for 3 weeks running the hills and curves of Arkansas with Bill Smith. I checked my mileage and from Rockadale, TX, to Murchison, TX, to Hot Springs, AR I got 8.6 mpg.

Bill and I even pulled out and passed 4 or 5 big rigs on a steep grade in AR on I-540.

I just check the mileage from Eureka Springs, AR to Sherman, TX and ran 8.6 again. Again lots of hills and curvy roads.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:00 PM   #42

Workhorse Chassis Owner
After I got some miles under my belt with the original Ultrapower installation done in 9/06, I was kinda disappointed with the mileage gain. I was looking at about 7.3mpg then (up from around 6.8). Since I had the program updated last January at Indio, I've gotten between 8.2 and 8.5mpg on my last trip
wilanddij is offline   Reply With Quote