Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #85
Official iRV2 Sponsor

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Geechee:
oemtech'

Since the group seems about 50-50 on having or not having the upgrades,the potential for 100% of all 8.1L going into WCC chassis to have the upgrade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geechee,

I just used your numbers! I was reffering to those on this website.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2007, 12:41 PM   #86

Workhorse Chassis Owner
So the number of WCC units having UP installed "Is" not greater than 50/50 as you posted?

2004 CR-V EX
Geechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:42 PM   #87

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Geechee:

Mike,

Are you saying that over 50% of all the MH's sold on a WCC have paid for your UltraPower ECU upgrade?

Geechee </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Geechee, I can't believe that you stated this and if your honest with yourself you know your numbers were pulled out of a hat . We are talking about this forum .
Marty
Old 05-07-2007, 01:14 PM   #88

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mike, I guess there is something positive about this it keeps the topic on top .
Marty
Old 05-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #89

Workhorse Chassis Owner
GEECHEE, He just used the same example as you did, 50% of the message board, where did he say it was 50% of all WCC produced?

I don't see any representatives from Banks that take their time, let alone an owner, to communicate with their consumers...that alone is really cool!!!!
475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #90

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I say lets settle this the old fashion way instead of the lone butt dyno. Let's take one MH with U.P. and one without and see which one can get to the top of the mountain first. If I get smoked, I'll buy an Ultra Power.
Heck, we might be able to get a "Motorhome Racing Circuit" going. That'd be way cool.
Bring it on !! , Marty 'll like that
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:21 PM   #91
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Max,

I'll take that deal seven days a week & twice on sunday!
Old 05-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #92

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ok , I'm game, bring it! Like I said, I'll buy it if I see ya 'pulling' me!
Denver, Colorado
Old 05-07-2007, 03:37 PM   #93

Workhorse Chassis Owner
shoot make it like the show pinks...lose the race, lose your ride!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #94

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
No , I'm not doing that, I'm just a 'show me' kind of guy. I just don'tlike to fork out that kind of money when I don't know if it would make a significant difference.
At Colorados altitude and mtns. not to mention wind, this is the perfect place to have more power.
Too bad Mike could'nt recruit some 'mobil' guys to come to us to install it.
Denver, Colorado
Old 05-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #95

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would think the dyno charts available on their website would be sufficient "show me" evidence...correct me if I'm wrong!
Old 05-07-2007, 04:33 PM   #96

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
No, and I give one example why.
In order to promote 4 cycle engines in motocross , The AMA (motorcycle, not medical) said 250 CC 4 strokes could race in the 125 CC class and 450 CC 4 strokes could rac the 250 class. They said they both put out the same HP which according to the dyno , they do. Well 2 cycle MX bikes are all but obsolete now. The 4 cycle develop power just off idle and pull thru 13,500 RPM. The 2 strokes develop power at about 7000 RPM and sign of at 9000.
I was a die hard 2 stroke guy til they 'showed me' at the track. No more 2 strokes for me now.
Denver, Colorado
Old 05-07-2007, 04:38 PM   #97

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I know what you mean, I work at a Honda motorcycle dealership and have been riding/racing motocross for years and jumped on the 4 stroke bandwagon with a CRF450 in '02 and never looked back. Look at the pro class, not one 2 stroke on the starting gate anymore!!

Back to the point at hand however, we are not looking at dyno charts of two different powerplants, same exact engine only one is modified with the Ultrapower and the other is stock. I understand what you mean by not trusting dyno charts, as they can be misleading but between the charts and all the happy customers and their reports of much more power, it would be very hard to say that the Ultrapower is not doing what the dyno charts say! Just my own opinion....
Old 05-07-2007, 04:44 PM   #98

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Geechee:
What is your goal here. Do you have a vendetta against Brazels? Mike is not leaving the forum, everyone that has the UP is not giving it up, you have made your point disliking ultrapower in several ways over and over. Your negative attitude has made mine that much more positive. I just don't get it. It seems all you want to do is argue A race by the way sounds fine, but should be done on the salt flats not around other travelers.
YosemiteBobR is offline   Reply With Quote