Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2006, 07:48 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
eandy welcome to irv2
I'am going just the other way around reprogram ECM than install CAI never had a problem with the plug wires and I too those duels they just hummm going down the roadway.
Which ever upgrade you decide you will see an improvement. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2006, 02:48 PM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Eandy, just to be sure which way to go, why don't you call Mike Bronzini at Brazel's RV Performance and ask him his opinion of which upgrade to do first. That's what I did and found Mike to be a very professional and easy person to talk to. In fact I dicided to stay with the stock exhaust based on what Mike advised. I not sure what you will gain doing one upgrade over another first. You may gain more power instead of mileage going one way and maybe more mileage instead of power going the other route. I don't know but I would think Mike at Brazel's would! Depending on what is more important to you when first getting out of the gate may influence what you want to do first.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:05 PM   #17

I just called Brazel,s affiiate in Reading ca. They wanted 900$ for just the ecm re-programmed. Is that what every body is paying?- thanks john

cookie monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:10 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check with Brazel's in the state of Washington, your numbers sound awful high compared to what I paid.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:17 PM   #19

Mid Atlantic Campers
$450. at the national Rally this summer in TN.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 06:38 PM   #20

I paid $650 at the Chico Rally but I also had the plugs done at the same time... $900 does sound high......
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Easyrider, I am concidering doing the ultrapower. What was the difficulty with the ecm? I have not had the dog house cover off my Dolphin
Old 05-17-2006, 12:34 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by two sailors:
I have not had the dog house cover off my Dolphin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>two sailors, The ECM is removed and replaced through the front engine access cover. (It's not really a hood)

The ECM R&R does not require the removal of the doghouse. Ultrapower can also be installed without the ECM being removed as well if you can find an event where Brazels is participating. Their show schedule is on their website.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:30 AM   #23
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Jestme13,

The Ultrapower at the Rally is not 450,it's 595.00 plus tax as long as there is at least ten of them.The show price at Chico was 650.00 plus sales tax,All Wheel alignment will honor that price to anybody that was at the rally.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:51 AM   #24

Mid Atlantic Campers
Opps my mistake

Do we have 10 for the rally yet ?

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:47 PM   #25

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Easyrider, I am concidering doing the ultrapower. What was the difficulty with the ecm? I have not had the dog house cover off my Dolphin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two Sailors, like DriVer said the ecm is accessed through the front of your RV and not through the dog house, most difficult thing about the whole operation was removing the ecm, the transmission control module sets on top of it and I had to get that out of the way first, didn't have to disconnect the wiring to it but had to unbolt it and swing it out of the way. The wiring plug on the back of the ecm has a bolt in the middle of it that must be backed out before unplugging the ecm. I think I had to use a 8mm socket on it. Don't pry on that plug without backing that bolt out first, there's a gazillion wires connected through that and I'm sure it would be expensive to replace. Other than that the rest was easy, just box it up and mail it to Brazel's, they send it back quickly ( they mailed mine back the same day they received it ) and putting it back in was a lot easier than getting it out. It's all plug and play. Just put it in and fire up the engine- you're good to go! Same thing applies to the air intake kit, it was a lot harder to remove the original factory air intake than it was to install the new one.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:50 PM   #26

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just started reading about this upgrade, and the improved gas mileage is appealing. It has been my experience with that most upgrades for engines have a negative effect as far as dependablity and life of the engine. Does the Ultrapower shorten the life of the engine?? or have any other negative effects? Thanks
Brian
Old 05-17-2006, 06:12 PM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
When is the Rally? Is that Chico CA? Where in Chico? I might be interested in the upgrade. Want to learn a little more about it first. Driver......I just read about your mileage.....do you have this upgrade? In about 6,000 miles of driving in the last year. Towing a toad the last couple of months......I've averaged 7.33 mpg. Towing hasn't seem to vary that much.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:20 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by supercub:
Driver......I just read about your mileage.....do you have this upgrade? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I have close to 43,000 miles on my coach and I do not have the Ultrapower as of yet but I do run the Ultrapower CAI.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote