Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2005, 09:41 AM   #1

Does anyone know what Alcoa aluminum wheels can be used on our W-22 chassis?
boulderado is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2005, 09:41 AM   #2

Does anyone know what Alcoa aluminum wheels can be used on our W-22 chassis?
Old 06-27-2005, 10:23 AM   #3

According to the WCC Chassis Guide (page 30)
the ALCOA 22.5 x 7.50 Front Alum Wheel is WCC part # W0003194 and the rear OUTER alum wheel is WCC part # W0003195. These are for W-22 & W-24 chassis. You will need to call WCC Parts for pricing.

In another post, member "Suspension_Engineer" has recommended the following as a source of Alcoa wheels :

ORRCO International
Grand Prarrie, TX
972-602-0241

I have no experience with either of them. Hope this helps you get what you are looking for. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:20 AM   #4

Thanks, Ed. Is there any way for us 'regular' people to access the Workhorse online parts catalog at workhorseccparts.com?
Old 06-27-2005, 03:38 PM   #5

I'd kill for a set of Alcoa aluminum wheels in 19.5x7.5 for my P32 but they don't make'm...sad. Ok, maybe not kill but certainly maim slightly...ok, speak harshly too.
FullAstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:31 PM   #6

Originally posted by BOULDERADO:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanks, Ed. Is there any way for us 'regular' people to access the Workhorse online parts catalog at workhorseccparts.com? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>..
Not that I know of, 'cause I'm just a regular people, too! Maybe DriVer can shed some light on our access to WCC parts. I know they will sell the "kits" shown on the website direct to owners.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:32 PM   #7

FULL ASTERN: Did you try the people in Grand Prairie, Tx. ??
Old 06-28-2005, 01:56 AM   #8

yeah, I tried everyone. They could "custom make" the correct size wheels but the price would be just huge....heck they wanted $150 just to ship it! I just know that having wider tires than the standard 225/75R 19.5 would improve almost every aspect of the ride and handling. 245/75-19.5 would be a good start. The wheels would have to be aluminum as the increase in weight from a 225 tire and 6" wheel to a 245 and 7.5 wheel is quite a bit. If I went from steel to aluminum the total combination would actually be lighter...bonus!
I would consider going to 22's but I can't find any information on going to 22 on a P32 but that is such a gigantic change both in size and weight. I would expect going aluminum would solve that as well but I'm not willing to be a pioneer.
FullAstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 07:01 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Call Workhorse.

The aluminum wheels is the only option I still have doubts on not getting on my '05 W24 chassis but those buggers are expensive and probably never recoup the cost when selling/trading the coach.

Although, possibly I should have not ordered the front shield mask for the full body paint and got the wheels. The front mask was $1295, I think and the wheels were about $1600, MSRP prices.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:52 AM   #10

Follow-up question regarding the Alcoa wheels: The reason for me wanting to upgrade is two-fold, they look better and I also want something that is going to make checking the tire pressure easier. Right now I have extenders on the inner duallys, but the outer duallys are a pain. I tried the 45 degree angle extenders with the result of a flat tire after it worked itself loose and a leak developed. Luckily this happened while in storage and CoachNet sent someone to fix it. For those of you who have the factory-installed Alcoas, is it easier to check tire pressure with these wheels??
Old 06-28-2005, 04:00 PM   #11

Originally posted by TOM N :
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Although, possibly I should have not ordered the front shield mask for the full body paint and got the wheels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tom, don't second guess your decision. Once that baby leaves the factory WITHOUT a mask,the nicks and chips will make it impracticle to install the mask. If you paid for full body paint, ya gotta have the mask. The wheels can always be added later ED
Old 06-29-2005, 03:44 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Note: With Alcoas the rear inside dual remains steel. So how are you going to place larger tires on those rims???

Old 06-29-2005, 03:49 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Tom, don't second guess your decision. Once that baby leaves the factory WITHOUT a mask,the nicks and chips will make it impracticle to install the mask. If you paid for full body paint, ya gotta have the mask. The wheels can always be added later ED </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ed, my 94 gas Vectra had 81,000 miles on it when I traded it in. Even though not full body paint there were no nicks on the front. The front mask cost me ~$900. I'm a cheap, no thrift guy, but I usually consult with my wife and she is not cheap.....lol.