Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2006, 01:08 PM   #1

I will be picking up a 20007 Itasca 38T with the W-24 chassis after the 1st of the year. What performance and suspension upgrades do you suggest?
byedlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2006, 01:08 PM   #2

I will be picking up a 20007 Itasca 38T with the W-24 chassis after the 1st of the year. What performance and suspension upgrades do you suggest?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byedlin:
I will be picking up a 20007 Itasca 38T with the W-24 chassis after the 1st of the year. What performance and suspension upgrades do you suggest? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

None.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byedlin:
I will be picking up a 20007 Itasca 38T with the W-24 chassis after the 1st of the year. What performance and suspension upgrades do you suggest? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>At this very moment and please read the words that I write - "None!"

Please take delivery of your motorhome and before you even think about asking this question again get 3000 to 5000 miles of seat time "first" before "you" determine that there is a "need" to modify your suspension.

Once you have established a base-line and you have a question or concern that you developed from experience - then we'll talk.

In the meantime, congratulations AND go and run the wheels off of that thing! Never mind about a year from now. Enjoy Enjoy!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:27 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
We've been full timing in our W24 for over a year now, and haven't felt the need for any performance or suspension upgrades. A lot will depend upon how your rig is put together, but don't assume you'll need improvements based on other's experiences or opinions. As Driver says, take the time to gain experience.

Our blog
Keith K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:15 AM   #6

THe only thing I would consider doing is take it to a reputable alignment shop to have the toe-in, caster, camber, and thrust line checked/adjusted.

Other than that, as others have said, NONE.
Mahlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:54 AM   #7

Thanks for your advice.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:26 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Thanks for your advice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You're welcome and thanks for joining us here on iRV2.com. We know you have a choice and we appreciate that you chose us. Please do come back and visit us often and please fell free to post.

When you get your rig take a look inside the grill and let us know if you see 2 fans or no fans.

If you have an 07 chassis you might have the new cool pack that no longer uses the auxilliary cooling fans.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:50 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by byedlin:
When you get your rig take a look inside the grill and let us know if you see 2 fans or no fans.

If you have an 07 chassis you might have the new cool pack that no longer uses the auxilliary cooling fans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Driver, am I really getting confused. Two weeks ago I talked with a WH tech rep about the possibility of burning plug wires on my 05 Pace. He checked my 10th diget Vin, "5," and said I had the new Cool Pack system they started putting on in 05, and I should have no problem with plug wires.
However, after reading your posts about no cooling fans with the Cool Pack, I'm confused. I have two cooling fans.
When you chat with WH can you ask them about this. "Can you have cooling fans and still have the Cool Pack?"
Thanks,
Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:34 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat & Denise:
However, after reading your posts about no cooling fans with the Cool Pack, I'm confused. I have two cooling fans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Pat, It could be a bit confusing and I can understand that but what was most likely inferred or said was that Workhorse has a Cold Air Kit for 2005 motorhomes and beginning in 2007 Workhorse has engineered an entirely new cooling system.

The CAK will allow cooler air to be directed at local hot spots when the technology is needed to alleviate plug wire burning issues. This system can be fitted under warranty when approved by the RSM. (regional service manager). The most likely cause for the burned out wires is the engine enclosure space and the air flow that passes through the radiator.

The 07 Cool Pack is an entirely new cooling system that features no auxiliary cooling fans. Much in the same manner as the new UFO cool pack, the radiator has parallel tubes that function as cooling passages for both engine coolant and transmission fluid so both layers cool simultaneously. The A/C condenser is mounted in the front of the main radiator. Gone is the separate cooler for the transmission and the (2) auxiliary cooling fans.

I have seen where the UFO's condenser is typically mounted remotely and remains augmented by cooling fans whether located in the front of the motorhome or out oo the rear side of the coach body. Each OEM will design and implement a system that they prefer.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DriVer:
It could be a bit confusing and I can understand that but what was most likely inferred or said was that Workhorse has a Cold Air Kit for 2005 motorhomes and beginning in 2007 Workhorse has engineered an entirely new cooling system.

Driver, tks for the reply. Sounds like your up-to-date on this stuff. I only hope the 2005 plus CAK works.
Appreciated,
Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:28 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat & Denise: tks for the reply. Sounds like your up-to-date on this stuff. I only hope the 2005 plus CAK works. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Pat, In well over 95% of the cases where the CAK was used it has been a success.

In the event that the problem persists a powered CAK solution using bilge pumps has also been successfully implemented. The blowers would be used at the next level in the problem resolution schema if the CAK wasn't accomplishing the task.