Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2019, 10:51 PM   #1

2011 W20D Thor Serrano

Have good report on the Thor Serrano20D! (40K mile 6.4 Navistar)
Completed general maintenance and have taken the girl out for a a few short range trips of <200 miles (~1K total).
Blackstone report shows normal engine wear at 1st oil change.
Purchased a Scangauge "D" for monitoring and can happily report that all diagnostic parameters are within expected limits. (Trans Temp / manifold pressure boost / oil temp and pressure / coolant temp)
Will be installing an exhaust temp gauge soon and a rear trackbar to tighten the push/pull experienced by the passing of big arse trucks. There's nothing unexpected but trying to make it comfortable for the wife to handle!
There are a couple of the leveling jack lines that have the previously reported compromised exterior jacket failure - will measure and replace accordingly.
Overall, really pleased with this unit!
I "lurk" often and rarely find positive information about the Serano and thought I'd share my current opinion and experience with this MH.
Have spent considerable time with organization materials in the rear storage...it is large enough for a motorcycle without the handlebars! (Ask me how I know!)
Currently researching tow necessities for the Mini Cooper the wife just traded for. Any insight would be appreciated!
Wish you all happy travels!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
thor, serrano