Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2022, 01:16 PM   #1

W22 Coolant/Heater Hoses

I have a 2004 Damon Intruder. I recently blew a hole in one of the heater hoses. I was in the middle of nowhere but was able to do a repair while at the campsite to get home

Now I'm worried that there are other hoses that may need to be replaced since they are all the same age

Is it possible to order a coolant/heater hose kit so that I can change them all out? I need to take these to a shop so that they can handle this for me

Where can I order parts for workhorse engine/chassis?

Thanks for any suggestions.
mauricedorri is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2022, 02:57 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Give these folks a call with your VIN.

https://www.ultrarvproducts.com/Workhorse-Parts

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 03:07 PM   #3

Heater hoses and coolant hoses standard Chevy hoses.. if you are taking to shop.. they will have heater hoses in bulk.. the radiator coolant hoses are standard gm items.. match chevy.. part numbers clearly marked on hoses .. if shop says can't get them.. get out of there asap.. but.. have them flush block.. it's expensive but good idea..
Good luck and keep us posted
Old 08-16-2022, 09:17 PM   #4

I changed the upper and lower radiator hoses myself. I'd heard that the little water heater bypass hose was a pain to change, so had a shop do that. It must have been as they charged me $135 labor for that one hose.
Old 04-28-2023, 11:24 PM   #5

Coolant hoses on 2003 8.1 Chevy --Gulfstream 36.8

i am a retired mechanic. The heater hoses and radiator hoses are simple. The by pass hose, on a scale of 1-10 , 10 being hard,, is a 15! The original clamps are the spring type. You need to remove the throttle body and thermostat housing to get at the hose. Remove the serpentine belt for more room also. I have one clamp cut off. I used a dremel grinding stone to cut it in half. Still working on the clamp that goes into the crossover pipe. If anyone has done this, please share how you got the clamps off the original by pass hose. The original clamps were obviously put on when there was nothing around the engine and the assembler was standing right in front of the engine. Easy for him to install. Terrible now for the person who needs to remove them with a Class A motorhome built around the engine. Will update this when I am done. Please if anyone has removed their by pass hose, tell us how you got it off.
Chris Millz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coolant, damon, heat, heater, hose, w22