Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2005, 04:32 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 2006 Allegro Bay 37DB on the W24 chassis. I'm very pleased with the performance. I realize that this model probably has all the factory corrections to previous problems, but I'd like any suggestions to stabilize the ride. By that I mean the constant steering corrections as it tends to wander if there is any wind. The unit weights in at about 23,600 & based on axle weight/Michelin tables I have 95PSI in the duals and 100PSI in the front tires. I've read the posts on front and rear add-ons but none have addressed a new W24. Any suggestions?
Keith

Our blog
Keith K is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2005, 04:32 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 2006 Allegro Bay 37DB on the W24 chassis. I'm very pleased with the performance. I realize that this model probably has all the factory corrections to previous problems, but I'd like any suggestions to stabilize the ride. By that I mean the constant steering corrections as it tends to wander if there is any wind. The unit weights in at about 23,600 & based on axle weight/Michelin tables I have 95PSI in the duals and 100PSI in the front tires. I've read the posts on front and rear add-ons but none have addressed a new W24. Any suggestions?
Keith

Our blog
Old 12-21-2005, 04:48 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Keith, our Dolphin is very similar to your Allegro Bay, while the steering is better than the W22, I feel the addition of a Safe T Plus stabilizer will make a nice improvement to the road handling. Our unit handles fine in winds and not troubled with passing trucks, I would like the front end to keep going straight when the pavement is uneven or rutted.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 05:22 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I installed a Henderson's Rear Trac Bar onto our W20 chassis and am very pleased with the improvement. Check past forum's for info on the trac bar- DriVER posted a very informative series of notes on improvments he made to his chassis and infact this was what convinced me to try the trac bar. I very glad I did!
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 05:27 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi Keith;

I don't have any handling problems with my W24. I'm 38'11". My UVW is 19593# (2 big slides) and yours is 19800# (4 slides).

I currently have 90# in the rear and 95# in the front.

Are you certain your coach weights 23,600#?? I don't think you're that heavy.

Second I would drop the front tire preassure to 95#. You may want to have your front end alignment checked also. Look for an alignment shop that does school buses.

You could install a rear bar but that would be my last option.

BTW, tomorrow morning I'm taking my neighbor to pickup his new Allegro Bus.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 06:30 AM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the comments, I appreciate the input. For Tom N; I'm a full timer, & the Flying J scales, with full tanks, put me at the 23.6K. Also, the UVW is 21K, 2 slides. BTW, the stories of Bob Tiffin are true - after taking the Tiffin factory tour, my wife marched into the corporate office and announced that she wanted to take a picture with Bob Tiffin - he came out of his office, invited us in for a chat, had the picture taken....and gave us his personal number to call if we ever had a problem.

Our blog
Old 12-22-2005, 07:36 AM   #7

Originally posted by easyrider:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Check past forum's for info on the trac bar- DriVER posted a very informative series of notes on improvments he made to his chassis.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The very informative thread is located and highlighted at the top of this section entitled "DriVer's aftermarket suspension modifications"
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:30 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
The Tiffin website shows the '06 Allegro Bay 37DBs UVW is 19,800# on the W24 chassis. Is that an error?? What are you carrying, anvils??

Took my buddy over to pick up his Allegro Bus this morning. He is still there going through his PDI.

TOm

Old 12-22-2005, 09:38 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> BTW, the stories of Bob Tiffin are true - after taking the Tiffin factory tour, my wife marched into the corporate office and announced that she wanted to take a picture with Bob Tiffin - he came out of his office, invited us in for a chat, had the picture taken....and gave us his personal number to call if we ever had a problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He phoned my buddy. No question he's a PR man. He's at most of the shows.