Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #1

warning lights on dash????

couldnt pick up new to us 31x serrano today because of dash symbols. One was a picture of a gear with an exclamation mark in it. The other was the engine symbol with the warning buzzer going off. Every few minutes they would go off and then come back on. The gear symbol stood for "check transmission shifter" and I wiggled it but nothing changed. Anybody have any guesses or experienced this before?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
couldn't pick up new to us 31x Serrano today because of dash symbols. One was a picture of a gear with an exclamation mark in it. The other was the engine symbol with the warning buzzer going off. Every few minutes they would go off and then come back on. The gear symbol stood for "check transmission shifter" and I wiggled it but nothing changed. Anybody have any guesses or experienced this before?
The gear and exclamation point should be a "Check Transmission Warning" lamp. Make sure that you get to a service center or an Allison dealer in order to get this lamp turned OFF.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #3

yea we left it at the dealer and they said mon it would go to service center
Old 09-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
From the fact you are getting those two errors.. I'm guessing you have an electrical issue. There are a few devices both have in common.

Battery, Alternator, Several electrical connections including grounds.

There are a few other possible $u$pect$ too but as my speelling implies.. Big $$$$$ .
Old 09-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #5

another clue ; on my extended test drive prior to this no issues. After the brake controller installed then these two issues. hmmmmmm maybe big hands under dash pulled or pushed on some connection that wasnt to good to start with!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
another clue ; on my extended test drive prior to this no issues. After the brake controller installed then these two issues. hmmmmmm maybe big hands under dash pulled or pushed on some connection that wasnt to good to start with!!!!!!!!
I think you got it by George!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
I think you got it by George!
correcto mundo ; that was it. Brake controller was plugged in the wrong place to the ecm according to service mgr. Took it home today thru 1hr bumper to bumper traffic in orlando and then mixed city highway for 60 mi to my home. Quickie mi check showed 12 mpg ; making a nice smile. Also had the gen running the 2 ac's. Nice that they took care of that rotten apple. Got a few things to spruce up but on the whole things are looking up.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
correcto mundo
The very first diagnostic question a good detective will ask is "What changed?"

I'm glad your motorhome is back up to full operational status.

Enjoy

Tags
dash, lights