Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2005, 04:31 AM   #1

I am seriously thinking about adding the Stabil-air kit but am having problems with the WH website.

There is a form you must fill out but upon doing so it tells me I need to select a kit. The problem is there is no place to select a kit on the form page. I called WH and the girl who tried to help had the same problem.

I know this kit can not be installed at just any service center so I need to find one that can provide a complete quote with labor and all parts.

Also, on the WH website it says the demo Hospitality Custom kit RV that WH owns will be in FL in Nov. 2006. Does anyone know where it might be this December? We are heading to Orlando soon and if it happened to be there this year it might be worth a side trip for me.

Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2005, 04:31 AM   #2

I am seriously thinking about adding the Stabil-air kit but am having problems with the WH website.

There is a form you must fill out but upon doing so it tells me I need to select a kit. The problem is there is no place to select a kit on the form page. I called WH and the girl who tried to help had the same problem.

I know this kit can not be installed at just any service center so I need to find one that can provide a complete quote with labor and all parts.

Also, on the WH website it says the demo Hospitality Custom kit RV that WH owns will be in FL in Nov. 2006. Does anyone know where it might be this December? We are heading to Orlando soon and if it happened to be there this year it might be worth a side trip for me.

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:07 AM   #3

PUSHIN40: Try going here:
http://www.workhorse.com/Default.aspx?tabid=71&Category...evel=a&ProductID= 355
there is a box at the bottom of that page which should start the process for you-at least it did for me. ED
edgray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:04 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by edgray:
PUSHIN40: Try going here:
http://www.workhorse.com/Default.aspx?tabid=71&Category...evel=a&ProductID= 355
there is a box at the bottom of that page which should start the process for you-at least it did for me. ED </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's the webpage that is broken. Click on "Find a Custom Dealer", Enter your VIN, tell them your state and it tells you you must specify what kit you want. I tried it, WH tried it and even they agree it's broken.

Any other suggestions?
Old 12-14-2005, 12:01 PM   #5

I know why the website doesn't work... they are re-releasing the stabil-air kit with a mechanical leveler and getting rid of the Inteliride computer. It will lose some of existing features but will drop in price and be an easier install for the service centers. I'm sure we'll hear more about it soon.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:16 PM   #6

I just saw the WH Stabil-Air demo unit at the Camping World in Kissimmee. Not sure how long it will be there. They were offering "test drives" in it. I'm hoping to get one before it leaves the area.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:22 PM   #7
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ready2Ride:
I just saw the WH Stabil-Air demo unit at the Camping World in Kissimmee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Very interesting!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:16 AM   #8

I will be modifying the coach to the latest version of Stabil-Air(this was the first coach other than ours to have the conversion completed and there have been several improvements made) and helping with a new installation starting on Tuesday.

2001 Georgie Boy 3515
suspension_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 03:22 AM   #9

Yesterday I drove the WH "Hospitality" @ the Kissimmee CW. I think it is going to be there for a little while but may spend some time @ the CW in Tampa and on the road to various shows in the region for the next few months so it might not be in Kissimmee all the time.

Very interesting ride... although being 3' shorter and without my junk in it I am sure that coach rides a little different to begin with. The ride is somewhat more firm without the subtle dipping and body rolling that I experience in mine. It's hard to put into words so if you are thinking about this kit, finding the demo RV and taking the test ride would a good idea.

I've got to say that I am quite pleased with my ride and the demo vehicle was better but not so much so that I thought this is a "must have" add-on. However since I plan to hold on to my unit for the foreseeable future, I plan to go ahead with the Stabil-Air kit on mine. I did find that after driving the demo vehicle even a short distance at highway speed, I was glad I put a front stabilizer (TruCenter) on mine and felt it missing on the demo vehicle. I would say that a front stabilizer is more of a must-have.

I really like the Horizon leveling that is in the current Stabil-Air system and was sad to learn this feature will be lost when they move to the mechanical leveler in '06. I am often taking my kids to swim meets or other weekend functions and am often in a parking lot or side of a road where being more level without using my jacks would be great. Even at a rest stop while taking a short break being on an even keel would be nice.

I had my son with me and he reported an improved ride from the dinette area. I should have thought to sit in the back to see if the ride is much different for the back half of the coach.

I am very happy with my W22 and for the part time use we do at this moment in our life I prefer not having a diesel for a few reasons. Since we plan to hold onto this coach and since there was enough improvement in the ride I think the investment in the Stabil-Air kit is worth it for us. Your mileage may vary.

EDIT - FYI... there are very few Camping Worlds equipped to handle suspension work of this nature so don't be surprised if the one nearest you doesn't have any knowledge of this kit. The CW in Kissimmee,FL is on Hwy 192 not far from Disney World.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:24 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yesterday I drove the WH "Hospitality" @ the Kissimmee CW </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
PUSHIN 40: Great post, and thank you for keeping us updated on this evolving option for our WCC chassis.
Can you clarify for me : Is the "hospitality" an actual fully equipped class A motorhome, or is it some sort of simulator you "drive" in the showroom? Thanks, ED
edgray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:55 AM   #11

The Hospitality RV I drove was a 2003 36' Fleetwood on a W22 chassis. Here is a picture from the WH website:

The WH website reads "Starting November 9, 2006, the RV will be in the Tampa/Orlando area. Call 800-826-5186 to set up a test drive." I think the 2006 is a typo and should read "Starting November 2005". I think you can also try calling the Kissimmee Camping World to schedule a test drive. Their # is (407) 396-2600. Ask for the Performance Manager, Bryan Miller.

For more info on this RV see the WH Test Drive It! webpage.