Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Got my letter today
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #30

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
question #1 why would i want to pay all this new stuff (upgrades) when all my rotors are heat cracked and the pads worn when it was caused by the sticking calipers.when it went in for the intrim fix they replaced 1 caliper big woop lost brakes 3 times before that. when i asked what did workhorse auth. they said"we can't show you that paper" why not ? you can look it up on line. then i left. the chassis doesn't have 42ooo on it yet do they do that so the cust can pay for most of what was damaged by sticking calipers? hopefully someone will have an answer still haven't found it on line under my workhouse. im nt trying to get any body mad just asking a question. thanks kurt
bmanSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Heart View Post
Got my letter today

Made the appointment with my local WH dealer - no problems!!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:55 PM   #32

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
So do you think we have to use an authorized WH service center (which the closest to me is one hour), or a reliable truck repair facility where we've had work done before. I haven't gotten my letter yet, but would love to be able to go just two towns away and get it resolved!
Purplefans & Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #33

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mine arrived today. I will wait a bit to see if everything works out. I have never had a problem in 25K trouble-free miles. I sort of hate to have anyone tear her down when nothing is wrong. Of course I have a legal responsibility to get the work done and close the open recall.
CharlesOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #34

Received mine today.
I'm afraid to find out what they will see when they take it apart and see what they want me to pay out of pocket.
This thing went on for so long I'm sure it did some damage.
Looking forward to everyone else's experience.

I will post the outcome.
Swan1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:45 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan1959 View Post
Received mine today.
I'm afraid to find out what they will see when they take it apart and see what they want me to pay out of pocket.
Swan1959, Welcome to iRV2.com.

They should not want you to pay for anything out of pocket. What you see is what you get. If your service center makes recommendations to improve your brakes, I might consider taking them up on their offer depending on what your expectations are. Either there is trust or not however the decision is all up to you.

There are select service centers that will be able to offer you a pay-1-price upgrade if absolutely everything needs to be refurbished for at least $1,000.00 off of the retail price.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:39 AM   #36

DriVer,
as always, Your advice has always been correct. I will definetly approach it with a positive attitude.

Thank you
Swan1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:45 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Got my official Workhorse response yesterday, Had my very first brake failure on Sunday, my very first very poor response from a Workhorse repair facility on Monday morning. Had to cancel my vacation due to them yesterday.
My coach was scheduled for the recall October 4th by my local repair facility. The vacation was in the middle........ go figure!
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RovinOn View Post
Had to cancel my vacation due to them yesterday.
Were they over whelmed ??
Quote:
My coach was scheduled for the recall October 4th by my local repair facility. The vacation was in the middle........ go figure!
Are you talking about the same place?

Sorry for your trouble!
Old 09-21-2010, 09:53 AM   #39

Workhorse Chassis Owner
When are we getting the recall letters

Got my recall letter on the 18th. Called to make appointment at the dealer I normally use (Stinnets Rv)and they stated they will not do brake recalls even though they are Workhorse aproved. Called next Dealer in Elizabethtown ,Ky and will be 14 th in line but will take most of October because workhorse will only ship them 4 at a time. They said after this brake recall they are quiting Workhorse. Stated they are to much trouble to deal with.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
.... and will be 14 th in line but will take most of October because workhorse will only ship them 4 at a time. They said after this brake recall they are quiting Workhorse. Stated they are to much trouble to deal with.
I just spoke with my dealer here in Myrtle Beach and Workhorse is shipping him calipers a palette at a time. That's 20 coaches per palette I believe. He went through 1 almost, has 1 in stock and is ordering another. Never heard him complain about the business relationship with Workhorse. Call Redlands or Brazels and see if they have as much trouble as your dealer. I'm sure there's more to it than meets the eye. Good dealers reach the top of their reimbursement schedule quickly while others languish and moan.

You might want to shop around if you can and consider an alternate source for the recall.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #41

Workhorse Chassis Owner
When are we getting the recall letters

I live in the Louisville, ky. area so what happens at dealers out west doesn't really help me. I was mainly just passing on what happened to me as others have done. My coach is a 2003 and I have to go to a Workhorse dealer to get it done and thats really all I care about. Once its done I'm not really concerned wether or not the dealer is Workhorse authorized, but I have been very satisfied with my coach and chassis and have had no problems to speak of.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:33 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
DriVer,,,
Quote:
Were they over whelmed
They just came back from the Hershey RV Show,,, I guess they were to busy and more concerned getting all the SOLD stuff they promised out the door.
They weren't interested in helping someone in need back on the road!
I wasn't asking them to do the entire recall, just repair my one wheel so I could be on my way.
The service manager actually told me I could limp my coach to my vacation destination!
Very unprofessional and poor customer relations.
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
51101-c, bosch, brakes, calipers, recall