Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
When will Workhorse list the Brake Recall as and "Open campaign" under My Workhorse?

DriVer, I wrote this question several months ago. the Brake Recall is STILL not listed as an "open campaign under "My Workhorse" for my 2003 Dolphin LX. I have the previous completed campaigns (Actia Cluster and Catalytic converter) and I have received the notices in the mail that my chassis falls under the Brake Recall. I would think with our VINs listed under the "My Workhorse" files that this would be a simple matter to list each chassis affected, especially as it is implied that Workhorse takes these file seriously as a means of communication. Unfortunately it is one of those small things that does not give me a "warm fuzzy" from Workhorse.

Am I the only one that is not listed??? Has ANYONE seen this recall listed for their motorhomw under "My Workhorse"??

Thanks!
Nap&Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2010, 05:33 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would guess we will not see it listed as an "Open Campaign" on our "My Workhorse" until Workhorse is ready to issue calipers to the dealers and we are able to make appointments to schedule the repair.
dezertcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #3

I was wondering the same thing. It would only make sense that it was listed under "My Workhorse" as well. My recall campaigns only include all the previous brake "fixes" that have been completed on my '01 W22. It's been over 3 years--I need another!
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
No info in mine either and I sent them a question as to why not. Still waiting for answer.
golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #5

I'm not DriVer, but I can tell you that the brake campaign "probably" won't show as an open campaign in My Workhorse until it is "officially" a recall. As of now, what we have are two "Interim Notices" and the actual recall has not begun. Recall letters have not been mailed to any owner AFAIK. Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for everyone's comments! My point still remains that I would think it would be much easier to list this campaing in "My Workhorse" than to physically send out letters (which I am sure is required), however, at this stage, I would think Workhorse would be on a robust "Image Improvement" program and their Website would be the first place I would concentrate my efforts.

On a more postive note, My Dolphin LX is in the shop getting some maintenance (Brake fluid flush, for one). Per the great reports here, I am having the Brazel's UltraPower Grade Brake installed by Auto Truck Services (A Workhorse authorized dealer in Colordo Springs). I have a trip to the Southeast in Aug-Sep and I am looking forward to advantages of the Grade Brake on this trip. Again, thanks everyone for your comments, it will be nice when the recall is finally completed!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #7
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nap&Joe View Post
... I would think Workhorse would be on a robust "Image Improvement" program and their Website would be the first place I would concentrate my efforts...
Nap&Joe, Have you seen the new Brake Recall Resource Center? This is a much more robust effort rather than just posting a one liner in an owner's records when most people have not registered their motorhomes on My Workhorse.

That page is also Internet Searchable, so who ever is looking for information about the issue should be able to find it.

On the day that you receive the Recall Letter, that's the day that's the recall will be posted on My Workhorse. You will see it described as Recall Number 90501-C.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:22 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
DriVer, thanks....I have checked out the resource center. You are right, Workhorse is making progress with information.

Another couple questions, have you noticed any improvement in fuel economy with your Grade Brake?? With the quicker response to get into OD, I was thinking that there might be a small improvement in mileage. Finally, I think I read that you keep the Grade Brake in the "on" position, is that correct? It would be nice to turn it on and "forget it". I am anxious to get the RV out of the shop, but I think the hold-up will be replacing the Actia instument cluster (fading problems). Was told it will take a week to get the old one shipped and new one returned to Colorado. I guess I have been lucky, this is the first replacement on my 2003 RV.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #9
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nap&Joe View Post
Another couple questions, have you noticed any improvement in fuel economy with your Grade Brake?? With the quicker response to get into OD, I was thinking that there might be a small improvement in mileage.
I'm sure it's there BUT I have not been able to verify that scientifically.

Quote:
Finally, I think I read that you keep the Grade Brake in the "on" position, is that correct? It would be nice to turn it on and "forget it".
My Grade Brake so far has been a "Turn It On" device and forget about it! It works exactly when it needs to work otherwise it doesn't go out of its way to do anything it shouldn't!
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:53 PM   #10

I don't get any benefit from the Workhorse Recall Center. They don't tell us anything we don't already know and still nothing is happening.