Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2015, 12:17 PM   #1

Where to buy parts for Workhorse Fleetwood locally?

Hello, we are just in need of figuring out how and where to buy parts for our recently purchased workhorse chasis.

When I go to Autozone or Advance or Napa, the parts guys are well I'm not sure we can find parts for RV.....? Like its a plane or something!

So where can we go that's not dealer or real expensive?
Trying to make a list of everything we need replacing before getting back on the road....

I may need disk brakes rotors for front.
I have a crankshaft oil leak. Leaking some....
Fan clutch
Thermostat....
O2 sensor....
Wheel simulators 19.5. Must they be workhorse or chevy 8 bolt...

Both Headlights replacement since yellowing...

Fleetwood window- daytime/nighttime shade window blinds to match what is factory... I only have 1 broken blind.

Steering box or tie rods for alignment....?

I think that may cover it, just trying to plan without wasting so much time at AutoParts stores that can't help and save money and do myself since it's all basic mechanics....

Thank you all in advance...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.
Crank shaft oil seals, and coolant t'stat, will be the same as a GM pick up 2500/3500 8.1 l of similar vintage.
O2 sensor, fan clutch, if you can get a GM P/N , auto parts store should be able to cross reference it.
Wheel stainless trim should be a Dicor product , I'll dig out the web address and re-post.
Tie rod ends , front rotors/pads, should be available from auto parts store with your chassis weight rating . W-20 ? I think all W-22s had 22.5" wheels.
Steering box, depending on the year of coach maybe available from GM dealer, or Workhorse.
Headlights , there maybe a number on the lamps that crosses to automotive , or post a picture. Info on posting picture in the "FAQ" drop box , blue bar under you welcome message.
Window shades , if only the string is broken , re-string kits available for a DIY repair.

Got back in time to edit this post.

Checkout .
www.dicor.com
Look in the catalog for wheel products.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:20 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Oemy's Web Site - RV Chassis Parts Xref W Seriesis a great reference resource for Workhorse parts.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:59 PM   #4

If you have an International truck dealer nearby call them. International bought out Workhorse a while back and now most if not all International dealers stock or can get parts for Workhorse.
If you call be sure to have all 17 digits of the VIN. code handy so they can look up the correct parts for your application.
Most aftermarket parts stores have a limited offering for Workhorse chassis vehicles.
NAPA has some parts but they have to look up Workhorse under medium-heavy duty trucks and Workhorse. Not Chevrolet . I do use NAPA on occasion for filters and some other parts.
Lynn
Old 10-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #5

Headlight, get the 3 M headlight polishing kit, a small squirt bottle for water (you wet polish) a battery operated drill and some Nu-Wax to coat the headlights after you polish them.
Alternative, look on the headlight lens for manufacurers' numbers, try to cross reference them on google/amazon.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:57 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ultra RV Products or Chevrolet/ GM Truck parts center.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:22 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
If you have an International truck dealer nearby call them. International bought out Workhorse a while back and now most if not all International dealers stock or can get parts for Workhorse.
If you call be sure to have all 17 digits of the VIN. code handy so they can look up the correct parts for your application.
Most aftermarket parts stores have a limited offering for Workhorse chassis vehicles.
NAPA has some parts but they have to look up Workhorse under medium-heavy duty trucks and Workhorse. Not Chevrolet . I do use NAPA on occasion for filters and some other parts.
Lynn
Workhorse was sold to Navistar, which in turn sold it to another company. Not sure who it was but the brand name is still Workhorse
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:26 PM   #8

Great, Thanks to all for the replays. We have some homework locating these items.

Some dealers are just difficult. I have to find a good Fleetwood dealer that will just ship me the parts.

I will check international for workhouse parts.

I hope the steering box has adjustment because it doesn have minimal play.

Anyone had oil leaking slightly out of crankshaft front seal? I need to remove the timing cover, harmonic balancer and I think water pump. I probably will replace fan clutch which is weak, water pump, thermostate and oil pan seal while I do the crankshaft seal....
Old 10-19-2015, 07:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
Workhorse was sold to Navistar, which in turn sold it to another company. Not sure who it was but the brand name is still Workhorse
Actually International and Navistar are one in the same. As of August this year the local dealer was the servicing dealer for Workhorse which was originally General Motors. The 8.1 is a GM design and parts for this motor are available from Navistar and GM/Chevrolet dealers.
The engines in International are Navistar. Same holds true for the newer Ford pick up diesels which are built by Navistar. Just to add confusion to the whole process Ford owns Cummins Diesel which is used in Dodge pick ups.
Lynn
Old 10-19-2015, 08:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonykeys View Post
Great, Thanks to all for the replays. We have some homework locating these items.

Some dealers are just difficult. I have to find a good Fleetwood dealer that will just ship me the parts.

I will check international for workhouse parts.

I hope the steering box has adjustment because it doesn have minimal play.

Anyone had oil leaking slightly out of crankshaft front seal? I need to remove the timing cover, harmonic balancer and I think water pump. I probably will replace fan clutch which is weak, water pump, thermostate and oil pan seal while I do the crankshaft seal....
Why are you removing the timing cover?
Once you remove the harmonic balancer you can pull the old seal out and drive the new seal back in.
A word of advice on the fan clutch. DO NOT USE aftermarket. Spend the extra and go OEM. The aftermarket units do not engage or disengage
the same and you will object to the noise.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm curious why you need a O2 sensor.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:35 PM   #12

Yeah you're right. I saw that today when I got under. I can remove harmonic balancer and pop off old seal and push on new seal!! Great....

Wonder why it leaked only after 55k?
Old 10-19-2015, 09:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
I'm curious why you need a O2 sensor.

I have had 2 codes:

P0327

P0131
Old 10-19-2015, 09:43 PM   #14

P0327 is the Knicks sensor.. Not sure why it went off...

I know my temp has gone up to 238 because of a bad fan clutch.
I'm replacing fan clutch and temp thermostate.

The p0131 is low voltage on o2sensor ... Gonna see which one is bad and replace.

Tags
fleetwood, parts, workhorse