Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2007, 04:40 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I've looked through the Chassis Guide and the Chassis Owners manual, and can't for the life of me find a diagram indicating fuse locations. I've apparently blown a fuse to that powers the little washer pump. Can anybody give me a pointer on which fuse this might be?

Better yet, tell me if I'm crazy or just missing the typical diagram showing which fuse is which.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2007, 04:40 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I've looked through the Chassis Guide and the Chassis Owners manual, and can't for the life of me find a diagram indicating fuse locations. I've apparently blown a fuse to that powers the little washer pump. Can anybody give me a pointer on which fuse this might be?

Better yet, tell me if I'm crazy or just missing the typical diagram showing which fuse is which.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:04 AM   #3

Bob,

I have an '05 Bounder on the W20 chassis. On the dash to the left of the driver seat I have a removeable panel held by velcro. Under that is a fuse panel that contains the wiper fuse. It's a 25A fuse at position 22. If you look at the fuse panel it would be the third fuse down from the top on the right.

Hope this helps.

Margaret - She who must be obeyed.
Tincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:32 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks tincup... I'll check it out, but the wipers themselves work, it's just the washer that doesn't work.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:24 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had the same problem. To fix it, I had to take the washer tank out, take the pump apart and clean it out. It gets easily clogged with debris or calcification from sitting. After you have it out you can test it by apply a 12 volt source to the wires. That might even clean it up on it's own.
Good Luck!
BellaBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:29 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob (WA0MQE):
I'll check it out, but the wipers themselves work, it's just the washer that doesn't work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The 25A Wiper fuse controls both wiper and pump motor functions.

Steamerman's approach is logical. The WSW pump can be compromised by any number of issues.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #7

you need 2 things, 1 a helper and 2 a good test lamp, locate the pump, connect the lamp clip to ground and test 1 of the 2 wires for power, see if you can hear it working, if can hear it the itself is damaged, if not and the lamp lights, test the 2 terminals together for a good ground, if lights replace open washer open washer pump.
new-to-rving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:29 AM   #8

I have the same prob. as BOB(WAOMQE) except my unit is on the P32. The only fuses I can find are in the front engine compartment. Wherever the ww/sys and washer sys fuse is located is a GREAT mystery. It is true that the fuse is 25a. A simple diagram from ALL DATA shows this, however no location is given. The box has 17 small fuses plus 4 spares, 8 large one and five relays. None of which are for the Windshield system. After tracing wires and removing 1/2 the dash I still have not found such a fuse. Removed tank & pump, work well on stand. HELP!!!!! Mel in NH
Melise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:09 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Melise... you've indicated ALL DATA has wiring diagrams on your motorhome? I've used them for my car and my pickup, but I had no idea they carried our Workhorse Chassis'.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:41 PM   #10

Bob - and all who have windshield "washer" problems. The WHC is basically the same for all models (for the windshield wiper/washer). My Silverado PU has the identical system that is on my MH. It is supplied by the WHC co. - then the coach mfg. hooks it up, mind you now, they hook it up wherever the he-- they wand to. On some units, like mine and many others, you will find a seperate small fuse panel WAY UP on the firewall directly in line with steering wheel. On some units it is almost impossible to get to without removing drivers seat and the lower parts of instrument panel. This is why a dealer will charge approx. 3 hours at whatever to going rate is to replace a
fuse costing 40cents. This borders on criminal behaviour by the mfg. In the building they could have located on left wall near they brake release, etc. AND MENTION IN THEIR MANUAL FOR THE COACH JUST WHERE ALL FUSES ARE LOCATED AND HOW TO GET TO THEM. As for the washer motor refusing to run,.I have the same problem. Now am in process of locating the relay that sends the 12vd.c. to the pump when you activate mist, etc. Then there is also a DIODE which prevents current from reaching the pump when not being used. If it goes bad it shunts the 12 volts back into the circuit for wipers. Good luck. Mell in FL& NH (summers in NH)
Old 01-08-2008, 01:49 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob (WA0MQE):
Melise... you've indicated ALL DATA has wiring diagrams on your motorhome? I've used them for my car and my pickup, but I had no idea they carried our Workhorse Chassis'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-08-2008, 01:57 PM   #12

BOB - the all data I used was for the Chev. PU, which I explained in last em - as most, even my Buick, have the same wiring diagram and can be used to do a trace. However the location and wiring from the chassis to the coach is different for the fuses and relay, etc. *I have had good luck going to AUTO-ZONE auto parts on line, it takes a little searching but you can download a Chev. diagram. U might try www.autozone.com/az/cds/en us - then see where it takes you. Good luck, let me know if you get it fixed. Just make sure your pump motor is good. Remove and ck w/12v should throw 6 to 8 foot stream. Don't forget to vote.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:26 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bob - My rig is a 2005 W20 and I have had w washer problems twice. Neither was a fuse issue. There appears to be a connecter that comes loose. Auto & Truck Services here in CS has fixed it both times in a matter of moments. The last time, they indicated that they were going to wire or tie the connecter to prevent it coming loose again. If you haven't done so, you might have them take a look at it.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:31 AM   #14

Thanks - just one 25a fuse runs the wiper/washer system. Wipers work fine, it the washer pump that refuses to pump when select either of the two positions on the wiper stalk.

Even with wiring diagrams supplied by the coach mfg & WHchassis co. No one shows the location of the control module -- so ---- I am still searching. Will let you know when I do. Mel in NH & FL