Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2009, 08:41 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
So here we are about 130 miles north of Dothan, Al, its raining and my windshield wipers won't work! So I drive the rest of the way to our friends house this past Sunday in the rain and finally get there without an accident. This windshield wiper thing as been a problem for us for the last four years and it always happens when we are driving in a prolonged rain. I Rain-X'ed the front windsheield once the rain stopped and that will help me while we are driving through Florida, but I'm going to need this problem fixed before heading back up north on Jan. 30th. I'll call Workhorse today and see if they can ship me the part (Wiper circut board) I need. It will be an opportunity for them to shine or fall flat on thier face. Bottom line, the Bagman is really not a "happy camper" right now! Chuck.
Bagman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
"NO TOUCH" works better for me than rain x.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:31 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Look in the past threads for windshied problems. You need to seal the plug connection to the windshield motor.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:59 PM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Are you sure WH supplies the windshield wiper system. I was under the impression they were supplied and installed by the Coach builder

Issues I have had were solved by removing the power, adding some silicon to the connector to hold water out of the connection.

Also had to realign the wiper arms
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:07 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
That usually works if they won't shut off...

8.1 Workhorse w/UltraPower,Taylor 409 plug wires,AC Delco 41-993 Plugs and OEM Engineering Fuel Filter Adaper
stubeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:45 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Baggs: The wiper control "board" will come from W/H. As I understand it, it is also the interlink between the tanny control and the shift arm. All in one box. The wiper motor and control arms will come from Tiffin. I would check to see if you are getting power to the wiper motor, maybe just a loose ground.
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:20 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bagman57,

I had the same problem 2 years ago. When I turned off the windshield wipers after a rain, they would not stop. Had to remove the fuse. A couple of hours later, after the rain stopped and sun was out, I put the fuse back in and the windshield wipers worked fine. My fix, packing dielectric grease in and around the wiper wire harness plug, located in side the engine access. Haven't had the problem return.

Ed
Old 01-24-2009, 04:56 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The problem was the wiper control board and a new one is being sent from Workhorse and a mobil RV repair man will do the install. The wiper motor is ok. Bags.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:12 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally posted by Bagman57:
The problem was the wiper control board and a new one is being sent from Workhorse...
Bags, Good call. Let us know who it all washes out. ?
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Got wipers repaired early this morning at an excellent Workhorse dealer in central Florida by the name of Nichols Diesel in Eustis, Florida. Mr. David Nichols and Mr. Rance Gaede took excellent care of the Bagman in about 50 minutes flat and that included filling up our propane tank. I highly reccomend this central Florida Workhorse dealer. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate them a full 10! Bagman57.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:20 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by Bagman57:
Got wipers repaired early this morning at an excellent Workhorse dealer in central Florida by the name of Nichols Diesel in Eustis, Florida. Mr. David Nichols and Mr. Rance Gaede took excellent care of the Bagman in about 50 minutes flat and that included filling up our propane tank. I highly reccomend this central Florida Workhorse dealer. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate them a full 10! Bagman57.
Did he just replace the board or get to the root cause and fix what is causing the board to blow?

If this has been repetitive and the root cause has not been eliminated you may want to consider carrying a spare board.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What was done???Please Bagman57

Workhorse W-22, UltraPower,496 cubic inches of
Whaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:56 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
All they had to do was to replace the windshield wiper control board which is located under the dash near the steering wheel. The part coat $105.00. I sure hope this is the last time we have this kind of problem. Bagman57
Old 02-02-2009, 02:48 AM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
my control box failed and the wipers would not shut off and I installed a on/off switch for $3 from auto parts store