Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2005, 12:50 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Gregg, your controller is in your wiper control on steering column, when water gets in the plug for wipers it shorts the contacts in plug, unplug an put di-elect grease in plug to protect contacts. You have a WH chassis, water may also get into your air-intake tube, in that case I placed a 1/2" bulb style weather strip across the top crack opening of hood this stopped water into tube an also into plug of wipers. Wiper plug is located up behind wiper motor, if it isn't wire tie it above motor. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2005, 07:09 PM   #16

When Monaco diagnosed my wiper "won't shut off" complaint they said I was not rotating the switch quite far enough; i.e. I was "between" the last 2 detents. I've not had the problem again but am very careful to rotate the switch completely off so I guess it was pilot error.

rvr2352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
I have had the wiper module replaced 3 times now with just over 36,000 miles. It is located under the dash access panel. This last time they replaced it (last week) with a new part #W0007967 and since my warranty just expired, they would not cover it under warranty. Now here at the Newmar rally and I understand Workhorse has a bulletin on this issue that expains how to fix the problem by sealing up the unit under the hood. Anyone seen this bulletin and know where I can find a copy. If the fix is that easily, how come the dealer did not know about it, thus costing me over $200.
Dave Killey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:17 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My final fix on this problem was to seal up the connector that is right behind the grill. Since I have sealed it, I have not had anymore problems.
jonny33v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:57 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonny33v:
My final fix on this problem was to seal up the connector that is right behind the grill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Exactly!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #20

Great posts. I did not know the problem was so common. I had same thing happen after driving through a snowstorm last week. Fortunately I was able to pull over and discovered that Fleetwood has a fuse block under a panel on the dash. After driving on dry road for 10 or 15 minutes I stuck the fuse back in and everything worked OK. I'll look for the connector and seal it with silicone.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #21

I have had this wiper problem several times and everyone I know with workhorse rv's have had similar problems. The first two times I took it in they wraped wires, zip ties, basically waterproofed everything wiper related under the hood. The last time they replaced the module and adjusted the lever control?
So far so good. But I live in Southern Calif so the wipers are used rarely.
03Dolphinlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:24 PM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
03DolphinL/X - I sent you a private message.
kennersonf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:12 PM   #23

I had the same issue and it was the plug under the hood was getting soaked. I just wire tied the plug higher up . BUT I have another issue with the wipers now. When you shut them off they go to the park postion then jump up 6" and stop. If I continue to play with it I can eventually get them to park in the proper place.Anyone else have that issue? If so how did you fix it?
Old 03-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Upon seeing this thread, I have an ongoing issue with my wiper fluid pump not operating. Wipers O.K. Hot wiring 12 volt to pump shows it is working. Is the control module accessible to inspect / troubleshoot? A continuity test confirm only a break in the power route & not specifically "where". Wire harness might have 2-3 connectors enroute to motor. Seldom used & not paying $80+/hr for a mechanic. Should I wire direct to module switch & see if power goes through?
Old 04-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #25

Wiper problem

I had this problem with my 2003 W-22 within the first year. The dealership played around for several times and finally replaced the module. The module is located behind the steering column.I haven't had any problems since. Everyone I know with a workhorse chassi has had the same problem. I called workhorse last year and they denied any current wiper problems. They said it must be the RV builders that are doing something wrong. NOT WORKHORSE
03Dolphinlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Dolphinlx View Post
Everyone I know with a workhorse chassis has had the same problem.
Dolphinlx, My situation with wipers failing to stop and park was resolved by cleaning the contacts on the wiper motor. That was about 3 years ago, it's been fine ever since.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
wipers won't turn off

I also had this problem on our 2006 Allegro. The first time it happened was within the first year, so I took it to the local Workhorse repair shop and they replaced the wiper module. It was fine for awhile, probably for the rest of the summer. The next year it happened again and I went back to the same place. This time they told me it was the wiper motor and since it was out of warranty I would have to pay. I decided to talk to Workhorse and was told that the motor gets wet and that is what is causing the problem. I removed the motor, took it apart (very simple DC motor) and sealed all openings with RTV silicone caulk and it has not happened again. I also put dielectric grease in the connector plug.
We were in Myrtle Beach and then drove to Red Bay last summer in some terrific rain , during that hurricane that would not go away, and had no problem.
bcovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:41 AM   #28

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Two years ago my wipers started on there own and wouldn't stop. I sealed the hood and put di-electric grease in the wiper connector. It worked fine but last week coming from New Orleans on a dry sunny day they started up again on there own. Put more di-electric grease in the wiper connector and waiting to see what happens. Like I said it was a sunny day no rain.
Cacti is offline   Reply With Quote